• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Terminator 2: Hands of Fate:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
T2 is a really good film (8/10). And, as such, hard to fanedit to be better. And I'm not sure this edit is "better". Certainly as good as the excellent original, but I'm not sure better.It is different, darker in tone. With cutting the cheese, some of the humanity is gone, perhaps? And some of the levity, although strictly out of character in the original, helps to lighten the film - this edit is very heavy, particularly in the middle where the "teaching the Terminator" has been cut.However it is worth the price of admission for one scene alone: the bad to the bone. This is how the original SHOULD have been! Yes, it's that good. It straightens out the narrative in the first act, and improves the film drastically. So, would I recommend it? YES!Would I never watch the original again and instead replace it with this one? No.Would I alternate versions? Probably!Good job, Throw, this was an editing tour-de-force because of THAT scene. Wow.

More...

Back
Top Bottom