• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles

Simba7

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't know if you've heard about this. It's a TV series that starts after the events of T2.
Has anybody seen the pilot? Should I bother DL it?[/url]

Simba7

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks. It looks like there are already 3 threads on the subject... :)

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Real episode 01 of the Sarah Connor Chronicles, thus not the leaked pilot:

edited again by boon23: no links to this

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone compare the official pilot and the leaked pilot?
I know there's suppose to be some editing going on so it's softer on the whole school shootings thing. Is that the only change?

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hope, seeing as Boon took out those links in another thread, you should probably respect his wishes and delete the links here too.

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I heard that Cromartie was re-cast as Garret Dillahunt. Not sure, though. I will probably wait until the episode airs to watch it.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^Cromartie isn't played by a different actor until later episodes.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vengeance said:
Where the hell did this come from T-Hope!? :D
It was a yahoo exclusive. It aired for 24 hours on tv.yahoo.com, but for people outside the USA, they got a message that they didn't live in the right country to watch it. However, the stupid thing was that it was watchable for those countries if you looked it in small quality. So I saved it to my hard disk.

DoctorM said:
Anyone compare the official pilot and the leaked pilot?
I know there's suppose to be some editing going on so it's softer on the whole school shootings thing. Is that the only change?
Actually, there are a lot of different scenes. Sarah's fiancee is a complete new actor with a new character's name. There are new scenes with Cameron nursing Sarah and talking to John in a tank station. The school scenes are not that really different. In her nightmare, Sarah picks up John in the school's libraty whlie in the leaked pilot he was in class. The ending is also completely different.

Uncanny Antman said:
Hope, seeing as Boon took out those links in another thread, you should probably respect his wishes and delete the links here too.
Actually, this first episode was officially launched at tv.yahoo.com, so it should be legal because they put it online themselves. So if Boon has a problem with it, let him please contact me and I will remove the links or he can remove them himself. Those links were posted at exactly the same time so I wonder if he only saw the links in the other topic and not this one. But again, this video has been put online by the official companies, so is it illegal I ask myself?

beckmen said:
I heard that Cromartie was re-cast as Garret Dillahunt. Not sure, though. I will probably wait until the episode airs to watch it.
They are saying he's a shape-shifting Terminator, so he will change appearances. If you look at the latest trailers, you will see much about different robots.

Vengeance

Reaction score
Trophy Points
T-Hope...when does the series start airing in America?

I dont think its in the UK yet...

\/

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vengeance said:
T-Hope...when does the series start airing in America?

I dont think its in the UK yet...

\/
America will have the tv premiere on January 13th and 14th.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
it aint yet V,it be showing on the virgin channel when it does

Vengeance

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well I saw the adverts on the Virgin Channel so will definitely be watching it when it is out. :D

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Uncanny Antman said:
thanks a lot, UA, for pointing this out.
This forum does not host links to pirated material and we intend to keep it this way. I have deleted these links now as well. Please don't post new ones.
If it is available on an official site you may want to link there.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:
Uncanny Antman said:
thanks a lot, UA, for pointing this out.
This forum does not host links to pirated material and we intend to keep it this way. I have deleted these links now as well. Please don't post new ones.
If it is available on an official site you may want to link there.
tv.yahoo.com, if it's still available because of the 24 hours thing (I doubt it).

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wish the first poster would fix the spelling of this thread's title.

Ok, now I've seen the first episode... so, um, I'm completely confused how old John is on Judgment Day.

Is there a reason that 1999 would have been too difficult a year to have the show take place?

Ironically Summer Glau could have graduated from high school in 1999.

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The time thing confused me, as well. I guess T2 takes place in 1997...it can't take place in 1991 because John would be 5 or 6 years old. But they never mention what year it is in T2 (but they do in T1, right?) so you tend to assume it's 1991.

I think they jumped to 2007 to avoid anachronisms in the production. It does seem to be a pretty bad contrivance of sorts, and the whole thing with the bank and some engineer building a time machine from 1963 technology was pretty hard to believe. What is this, Back to the Future? :-/

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I feel sorry for the poor bastard that got a one way ticket back in time to build a gun (with technology that would probably have made it the size of a refrigerator)... only for it to be used for 1 shot.

ASX

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Believe me, at first, I wasn't expecting much from a Terminator tv series but the pilot blew me away.

Was it perfect ?

No.

But it was pretty damn good.

Finally, not since The X-Files, has there ever been a series that I find myself so anticipating the next episode.

Finally, a good science fiction, adventure drama.

I can't help but to laugh that one of the reasons that the pilot for "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" was pushed back to January was because Fox feared competing against the over hyped Bionic Woman.

Unlike the terrible Bionic Woman's pilot, T:TSCC was entertaining, sharp writing (but not perfect), good acting and likable characters.

Unlike the hacks that are writing and producing BW, the team that are writing and producing "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" shows a lot of respect towards the original source material (although they do throw Terminator 3 out the window).

Even if T:TSCC loses a little bit of quality during the next few episodes, it will still be 100 times better of a show than Bionic Woman can hope to be.

The real beauty is that the less promoted and less hyped Terminator pilot scored a hefty 18.29 million viewers in contrast to the heavily promoted Bionic Woman pilot that scored 14 million.

I'm sure viewer ship will drop as the series progress but we'll see if the ratings will spike as badly as Bionic Woman did.

However, unfortunately, I do predict this show to be cancelled before BW because all good science fiction series (except for The X-Files) gets the premature axe by Fox.

NBC doesn't seem to be ready to admit to the failure of the over hyped and heavily promoted "Bionic Woman" and will keep this series running afloat longer than it deserves to.

As for T:TSCC, I give it:

fourandhalfsmilingbaltaor5.jpg

Four and a Half out of Five Smiling Baltars

Top Bottom