• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist are getting Netflix original series!

havok1977

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Holy smokes this news made my day!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11...rs-miniseries?abthid=527bb8de753b082232000007

Daredevil is my favorite street level Marvel character. and I was hoping for Marvel Studios to do something since they got the rights back from Fox earlier this year but this is above and beyond all expectations

I have been pleasantly surprised with the level of quality that Netflix originals have, so I'll be very much looking forward to this.

in years to come i could see marvel doing civil war across tv and cinema, great times ahead for comic book fans

That's good! But where is my +18 Punisher TV series Marvel!?

Arrested Development already did this in one season. :p

This is great news. If only MOON KNIGHT had been included....

I find it really interesting that they are filming in New York, for several reasons.

1. The four series all take place in NY, specifically the area known as Hell's Kitchen (according to the synopsis). Thus it is awesome that they're not filming in London or Vancouver or somewhere else, they're filming on-location. Again: awesome.

2. Didn't they digitally reconstruct NY for Avengers since it would be so hard to actually film what they needed to film there? Obviously these series won't have the city-destroying stakes but even aerial shots of the city are apparently really really difficult to film in post-9-11 America, even illegal. I might have my stories mixed up (and if so I'm sorry for the misinformation) but if I don't this means some kind of big legal hurdles were jumped to get this to happen.

3. DC's properties are at a huge disadvantage just because they choose to continue using fake cities like Smallville, Metropolis, Gotham, etc. New York is really making a big deal out of the amount of money and jobs Marvel has brought to their state. The complementary publicity really dwarfs any kind of relationship DC/WB has had with something as simple as filming locations.

Yeah. I'm pumped for these shows.

I am really excited about these series. I hope they don't dumb it down to air on ABC later on.

Surprised no one has updated this with some of the casting news....

CHARLE COX (yeah, I never heard of him either...lol) is Matt Murdock/Daredevil.

VINCENT D'ONOFRIO is Wison Fisk aka THE KINGPIN. This casting excites me! He has the size and the acting chops. Shave his head and let the evil ooze! lol

Rosario Dawson joins the cast of Daredevil.

Will she be Elecktra????

bionicbob said:
Rosario Dawson joins the cast of Daredevil.

Will she be Elecktra????

If so, I'm torn since Elektra does need to be ethnic so she's definitely an improvement over WASPy Jennifer Garner, but at the same time it still shows that for Hollywood all non-WASPs are interchangeable. Elektra is Greek/Mediterranean, not Latina.

Maybe she will be Typhoid Mary?

Or just one of Matt's many, many, many, many girlfriends? lol

Elektra, Mary, Karen, Echo...she could be anyone really. But from this description...

"...a dedicated young woman whose quest to heal the wounds of Hell’s Kitchen brings Matt Murdock unexpectedly crashing into her life, while her own journey forever alters the course of his battle against the injustices of this broken city."

Sounds like it's probably Elektra. (Who I was hoping they wouldn't do right away.) But maybe she'll be Kirsten McDuffie?

And what "broken city" would this be? Contemporary New York? Is Daredevil going to battle high rents? :p

It was revealed at Comic Con that DAREDEVIL will premiere on Netflix in May 2015!

Not much was said about the other Defender series... I am not even certain if any of the other ones have begun production yet? Has anyone heard anything new?

In my fanboy dream world, I guess I was hoping each series would premiere one month after another, with it all leading to The Defenders after 4-6 months from the first premiere..... lol.

hhhmmmmm...... makes me nostalgic. Maybe I will watch The Trial of the Incredible Hulk tonight, followed by some Streethawk!!!!:D

Back
Top Bottom