• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Prometheus: Giftbearer:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just wanted to thank Severian for this terrific viewing experience. I loved Prometheus from the get go, and didn't really think it needed a fan edit, but curiosity got the better of me, and I'm glad it did. The new intro that adds in the Ted Talk was genius. I honestly don't know why it wasn't in the film; it adds so much context to Weyland's motivation. Its this addition and the addition/changing of a few other key scenes that has me agreeing with Severian that Weyland's motivation is purely materialistic in nature. Its through that context, seeing the contrast between Weyland and Shaw faith and lack thereof, that makes the film far more interesting to me. It just adds another layer.And I'm reading a lot of people taking umbrage with the readdition of the Engineer scene, and the addition of the Scotland scene as dreams. I thought this too was brilliant editing. The death of Holloway has a number of links to these scenes that just make sense in this edit. Shaw's unhappiest day is contrasted with her happiest. It also shows Holloway and Shaw's deep connection to one another and helps to explain why Shaw was so distraught. Its this discovery that leads eventually to Holloway's death, and because of it she feels guilt, and perhaps its because of that guilt she allows the cross to leave her neck. And in the other flashback we see the Engineer dieing in the same tragic way as Holloway does. The swallowing of the black goo and the Engineer's death brings about life, and in a twisted way the same is true of Holloway. But more importantly, the creation of life via the Engineer's is vague because its not really a flashback, it's now a dream. This addresses one of the big issues I read online by people who dislike Prometheus. A number of people have a hard time suspending disbelief, and feel that this scene can not be representative of reality. Now they can put that argument to rest because it didn't really happen.Anyways, this is probably one of my top 5 Fan Edits of all time. Highly recommended!

More...

Back
Top Bottom