• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Fear and Loathing in The Star Wars Holiday Special:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have a very high tolerance for bad Star Wars. I like the Special Editions (well, besides that musical number...). I like the DVD/Blu-Ray revisions, ghost-Hayden and all. I like the prequels. I saw Attack of the Clones in theaters four times. (Note: at this point I have lost all credibility on everything, forever.)I've never been able to finish the Holiday Special. It really is that awful. It hurts. It hurts my brain. This is the only way I've ever been able to bring myself to watch it for an extended period of time. TM2YC was struck with some real creativity here, refashioning this... this thing into a drug-induced hallucination. The sights and sounds present fit that description all too well. I found myself laughing hysterically to the point of tears during my first viewing. Now, technically speaking, it still looks like the 70's broadcast recording, blah blah. Until Disney actually gives this thing a legitimate release (i.e. never), this is as good as it can possibly look. Besides - this isn't about picture quality. This is about the experience of watching it. Go do it. It'll change you.

More...

Back
Top Bottom