If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Awesome YouTube Videos
Merry X-mas everyone! Some perennial favorites that I watch semi-annually:

Also, I don't always watch this, but how bizarre is it that in their 1st Christmas Special, the Smurfs basically fought Lucifer in a pretty damn bit of darkness, played by Rene Auberjonois?
Webmaster for www.nottheacademy.com, Movie Articles, Lists, and Reviews...Come join us!
I had no idea these guys came up in the clubs together. Such a genuine pleasure watching these two titans bounce off each other casually like this. Great watch to kick off 2021.
Webmaster for www.nottheacademy.com, Movie Articles, Lists, and Reviews...Come join us!
[+] 1 user Likes mnkykungfu's post

Actually a great little documentary, not all that focused on the movie Blade, but more on Horror comic books and how Marvel started to get into making movies. Pretty awesome seeing a young-ish Stan Lee (though he honestly looked about in his 50s even back when he was 30.)
[+] 1 user Likes mnkykungfu's post
The idea has been done many times before but the sound FX, editing and lightsaber FX are done so well in this little video:

Pretty great video if you're into Golden Age comics/serial characters or just a super nerd (before the last few minutes devolve into a Shazam film promo). But if you're a super-duper nerd like me and already knew the whole story of the various Captain Marvels, you might want to skip past the legal battle drama in the middle. bionicbob this might be up your alley...
[+] 2 users Like mnkykungfu's post

Tell me you don't get this chorus stuck in your head.
Heads up, Honest Trailers contain SPOILERS, which is why I usually don't watch them unless I've seen the film...
but in this case the movie really looked like a trainwreck so I didn't mind. Annnnnndd... oh yeah, this confirms my suspicions. Hilariously.

If anybody hasn't seen this yet, it's worth a watch for film buffs. Scorsese "finds" a few pages of a "lost" Hitchcock script and decides to film them in Hitch's style. The short film is a wonderfully-faithful recreation of some of Hitchcock's most famous shots and techniques, as well as the story themes he tended to be fascinated with. You might actually want to know that

this is of course a fake setup and Scorsese actually agreed to make a wine commercial. Albeit, a very nicely-done wine commercial.
Keep your eyes peeled for Michael Stuhlbarg in this, who Scorsese later cast in Boardwalk Empire!