• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Rambo - A Warrior's Journey by Last Survivor

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
U9xRxhQ.jpg

Original Title: First Blood, Rambo:First Blood Part II, Rambo III, Rambo

Studio: Anabasis N.V. , Elcajo Productions, Carolco Pictures, Lionsgate, Nu Image, Millennium Films, The Weinstein Company
Faneditor: Last Survivor
Originally released: 1982, 1985, 1988, 2008
Fanedit release: October 2013
Original running time: 383 minutes approx
Fanedit running time: 312 minutes approx
Cut time: 71 minutes cut
Started edit: October 2012
Finished edit: September 2013

Synopsis and Purpose of Edit:
From the minds of David Morell and Sylvester Stallone comes one of the most eagerly awaited television series in history. Spanning 26 years of shooting, we follow the adventures of decorated Vietnam war veteran, John Rambo, in Rambo - A Warrior’s Journey.

The purpose of the edit is to tell the journey of US soldier John Rambo after he returns from the Vietnam war, starting of course with his run in with Sheriff Teasle in the “quiet” town of Hope, through a 26 year journey which ends with the civil war in Burma.

Splitting the four Rambo films into 8 episodic stories which run approximately 40 minutes each, the intention is to try and make it feel like a TV series with an 80's feel to it. There's an original title sequence, which includes a specially remixed version of one of Jerry Goldsmith's most iconic Rambo themes, plus there are 2 TV spots per episode which have been contributed by some of the best faneditors on the planet.

In no way do I intend this edit as any kind of "replacement" for the films as they stand. The hope would be simply that it's a fun alternative way to experience the Rambo story. So, put on your bandana, crack open a 6 pack or two and settle in for an action packed TV extravaganza.

Cutlist:

Far too extensive to list. Each film is cut down to less that 80 minutes in length, plus there's the addition of a few surprises here and there.

Special Features:

Audio Commentaries on all 8 episodes

Too Long a Soldier - music video

Technical Details:

16:9 Anamorphic. 4 x NTSC Single Layer DVD (2 episodes per disc)

Dolby AC3 Stereo.

Software used: Adobe Premier Pro CS6, DVD Architect Pro 5.0, HC Encoder, Audacity, PgC Dmux, VirtualDub, Adobe Photoshop CS6

Special Thanks:

Sophie Payne for her patience, invaluable feedback and some great ADR work.
All the faneditors who took the time to contribute some excellent TV Spots!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This sounds fantastic. Looking forward to watch John 'become war' in 8 handy episodes!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A new Last Survivor release!!! :hail:
This is going to be so many different kinds of AWESOMENESS! :pop2:

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
not orson welles said:
Can't wait until it shows up on fanedit.info!

All up and ready to go now :) Hope you enjoy it.

TM2YC said:
This sounds fantastic. Looking forward to watch John 'become war' in 8 handy episodes!

And become War he will indeed TM2YC. Have fun with it. I suppose the question becomes, will people watch it one episode at a time (per night or something), or will people blast through it in one marathon sitting?

bionicbob said:
A new Last Survivor release!!! :hail:
This is going to be so many different kinds of AWESOMENESS! :pop2:

Far too kind Bob :) But you're right about that bag of popcorn. Enjoy my friend ;)

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
LastSurvivor said:
I suppose the question becomes, will people watch it one episode at a time (per night or something), or will people blast through it in one marathon sitting?

I can only speak for myself, but I blasted through the first 3 discs yesterday and plan on watching the last two episodes tonight.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just watched Episodes One and Two -- really great stuff! Love the clever and seamless way you incorporated Chuck Norris into the storyline. I was a bit concerned while watching Episode One that it started essentially mid-chase and that the viewer did not really have a chance to connect with John Rambo, to empathize with his sadness and pain, but Episode Two washed away those fears and completely won me over. This is really fun stuff! I will post a proper review when I have finished watching the entire series, but I just had to say this is wonderfully fun edit! Great work LS!!! :clap2:

PS. Stargate Universe SEASON THREE!!!! I gotta contact my local cable company and find out how I can subscribe to the LS NETWORK! :D

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So two days of binge watching and I have now finished watching the entire fanedit series Rambo A Warrior's Journey. This review will be in spoiler tags as I don't want to ruin any of the surprises. Reviewer's note: I know First Blood by heart but it has been awhile since I've watched any of the other Rambo movies so I was going in pretty fresh.

This review will be somewhat random and unorganized so...deal with it. First off, as always top notch DVD menu design from LastSurvivor. I know some people don't care too much about that stuff but I appreciate the little things (and its the little details that make this fanedit so awesome IMO!)

So right away the viewer gets an "LS Network" logo/intro/music (station identification?) going on and it is awesome. Fits the 80s vibe and good voiceover work by LastSurvivor.

Episodes 1

The opening montage was very well done and gets you up to speed. I hesitate to say whether or not I'd completely know what's going on if I was a viewer who'd never seen the Rambo movies (because of the action starting mid-chase) but you could make the argument that not all movies or tv shows unfold completely linearly and sometimes the audience doesn't have all the information right away. Anyway, over the course of the Episodes 1 and 2 the viewer gets the complete picture of what led up to Rambo's battle with the sheriff's department.

*Opening Credits Sequence! :shock: WOW! Just wow! Expertly done. I had a huge smile on my face as the music and sequence of images was playing. I definitely felt like I was watching a TV Show.

The transition to the TV Spots was cool maybe a wee bit hokey with the freeze frame zooming out into nothing but hey, it is kinda 80s-ish. And the bit of music that LS used with the transitions to the TV Spots worked well.

So, as faneditors I think we are all aware and hypervigilant of errors (maybe to a fault) but I'd be remiss if not to mention one technical flaw (keep in mind this did not ruin the viewing experience or take me out of the moment or anything) was there did seem to be a flash frame right around the 16 minute mark of the first episode right after David Caruso says "I knew there was something about that guy." Anyway, not a big deal and the remaining 99.9% of this edit was flawless from a technical perspective!

I like how the end credits were done as way as stills from different scenes throughout the episode. This along with the opening credits sequence were really well done and add to the feeling of watching a TV show.

Episode 2
So some nice ADR work by LS's girlfriend. It was fresh in my mind from LS's initial post in his True Fanedit thread that he had thanked his better half for some ADR work. I also knew that Chuck Norris wasn't really Delmar Barry and that these scenes were from the MIA movies, but honestly had I not been familiar with the MIA movies and not know that Delmar Barry (although we never see him in First Blood, only his family) is supposed to be African-American, I wouldn't have batted an eye at that ADR. It worked perfectly IMO. I also did a quick check and turned on the commentary to hear what LS had to say about it.

Either way, nice job and that ADR along with the intercut footage and b&w flashback scenes in this episode and the previous episode, you get a nice fun addition to the story with the special appearance by Chuck Norris.

Episode 3So I totally forgot that Martin Kove was in First Blood Part II. You could have had an epic crossover/side plot with the Karate Kid! AND Julia Nickson as Co, not sure how many remember the movie Sidekicks, but Chuck Norris was in that too, the possibilities to go absolutely insane were limitless (luckily LS is not as crazy as me :)).

Episode 4
Lance Henriksen - Millenium lol! Awesome little fake teaser announcement (one of many by LS) during the LS Network introductions. Although, I sadly have to admit the earlier one concerning Stargate went over my head, I had to check the commentary to fill me in.

Episode 5
This episode had an excellent intro/pre-credits sequence.

Episode 6
I'll have to find out from other viewers but was I the only one who thought that little kid was annoying?! It's been awhile since I've seen Rambo III.

Episodes 7 and 8
Although the previous six episodes were great, good editing, good technical quality, excellent storytelling, I think these last two episodes were my favorite. I can't really put my finger on why but regardless this was entertaining.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What more can I say? Excellent job all around, this was pure fun. Again, for me, it was the little things that pushed this edit over the top for me. I'm sure it took tons of time, planning and experimenting to cut down each movie into sets of 2 episodes that were ~40 minutes each. But the "LS Network", the opening credits sequence, the TV spots, all this stuff really added a ton to the experience, for me anyway.

Props to everyone who contributed all the TV Spots. They were all great (special mention goes to [MENTION=6765]Adabisi[/MENTION] for his Last of the Mo'ricans and Under Construction TV Spots!)

Lastly, I haven't watched the episodes with commentary just yet but plan on taking my time doing that (i expect a lot of moments where I go, "oh crap that was a cut right there!")

Excellent job [MENTION]Last Survivor[/MENTION]! This was more than worth the wait.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Just watched Episodes One and Two -- really great stuff! Love the clever and seamless way you incorporated Chuck Norris into the storyline. I was a bit concerned while watching Episode One that it started essentially mid-chase and that the viewer did not really have a chance to connect with John Rambo, to empathize with his sadness and pain, but Episode Two washed away those fears and completely won me over. This is really fun stuff! I will post a proper review when I have finished watching the entire series, but I just had to say this is wonderfully fun edit! Great work LS!!! :clap2:

PS. Stargate Universe SEASON THREE!!!! I gotta contact my local cable company and find out how I can subscribe to the LS NETWORK! :D

Thanks Bob, glad to see you're liking what you've seen so far. I purposefully went straight into the edit with the feeling of, "well, if this is a TV series, how do you grab people's attention straight away?... with an action scene!"... hence the idea of starting with the chase (after brief flashback sequences). I knew then that the challenge would be to fill in the blanks as to why Rambo is on the run etc, along the way of episodes 1 and 2.

Oh, and if you want a subscription to LS Network, I'll fix you up... I hear they have the 11th season of Smallville on there, complete with an appearance by Bruce Wayne... nice. ;)

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gatos said:
So two days of binge watching and I have now finished watching the entire fanedit series Rambo A Warrior's Journey. This review will be in spoiler tags as I don't want to ruin any of the surprises. Reviewer's note: I know First Blood by heart but it has been awhile since I've watched any of the other Rambo movies so I was going in pretty fresh.

This review will be somewhat random and unorganized so...deal with it. First off, as always top notch DVD menu design from LastSurvivor. I know some people don't care too much about that stuff but I appreciate the little things (and its the little details that make this fanedit so awesome IMO!)

So right away the viewer gets an "LS Network" logo/intro/music (station identification?) going on and it is awesome. Fits the 80s vibe and good voiceover work by LastSurvivor.

Episodes 1

The opening montage was very well done and gets you up to speed. I hesitate to say whether or not I'd completely know what's going on if I was a viewer who'd never seen the Rambo movies (because of the action starting mid-chase) but you could make the argument that not all movies or tv shows unfold completely linearly and sometimes the audience doesn't have all the information right away. Anyway, over the course of the Episodes 1 and 2 the viewer gets the complete picture of what led up to Rambo's battle with the sheriff's department.

*Opening Credits Sequence! :shock: WOW! Just wow! Expertly done. I had a huge smile on my face as the music and sequence of images was playing. I definitely felt like I was watching a TV Show.

The transition to the TV Spots was cool maybe a wee bit hokey with the freeze frame zooming out into nothing but hey, it is kinda 80s-ish. And the bit of music that LS used with the transitions to the TV Spots worked well.

So, as faneditors I think we are all aware and hypervigilant of errors (maybe to a fault) but I'd be remiss if not to mention one technical flaw (keep in mind this did not ruin the viewing experience or take me out of the moment or anything) was there did seem to be a flash frame right around the 16 minute mark of the first episode right after David Caruso says "I knew there was something about that guy." Anyway, not a big deal and the remaining 99.9% of this edit was flawless from a technical perspective!

I like how the end credits were done as way as stills from different scenes throughout the episode. This along with the opening credits sequence were really well done and add to the feeling of watching a TV show.

Episode 2
So some nice ADR work by LS's girlfriend. It was fresh in my mind from LS's initial post in his True Fanedit thread that he had thanked his better half for some ADR work. I also knew that Chuck Norris wasn't really Delmar Barry and that these scenes were from the MIA movies, but honestly had I not been familiar with the MIA movies and not know that Delmar Barry (although we never see him in First Blood, only his family) is supposed to be African-American, I wouldn't have batted an eye at that ADR. It worked perfectly IMO. I also did a quick check and turned on the commentary to hear what LS had to say about it.

Either way, nice job and that ADR along with the intercut footage and b&w flashback scenes in this episode and the previous episode, you get a nice fun addition to the story with the special appearance by Chuck Norris.

Episode 3So I totally forgot that Martin Kove was in First Blood Part II. You could have had an epic crossover/side plot with the Karate Kid! AND Julia Nickson as Co, not sure how many remember the movie Sidekicks, but Chuck Norris was in that too, the possibilities to go absolutely insane were limitless (luckily LS is not as crazy as me :)).

Episode 4
Lance Henriksen - Millenium lol! Awesome little fake teaser announcement (one of many by LS) during the LS Network introductions. Although, I sadly have to admit the earlier one concerning Stargate went over my head, I had to check the commentary to fill me in.

Episode 5
This episode had an excellent intro/pre-credits sequence.

Episode 6
I'll have to find out from other viewers but was I the only one who thought that little kid was annoying?! It's been awhile since I've seen Rambo III.

Episodes 7 and 8
Although the previous six episodes were great, good editing, good technical quality, excellent storytelling, I think these last two episodes were my favorite. I can't really put my finger on why but regardless this was entertaining.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What more can I say? Excellent job all around, this was pure fun. Again, for me, it was the little things that pushed this edit over the top for me. I'm sure it took tons of time, planning and experimenting to cut down each movie into sets of 2 episodes that were ~40 minutes each. But the "LS Network", the opening credits sequence, the TV spots, all this stuff really added a ton to the experience, for me anyway.

Props to everyone who contributed all the TV Spots. They were all great (special mention goes to Adabisi for his Last of the Mo'ricans and Under Construction TV Spots!)

Lastly, I haven't watched the episodes with commentary just yet but plan on taking my time doing that (i expect a lot of moments where I go, "oh crap that was a cut right there!")

Excellent job Last Survivor! This was more than worth the wait.

Hey Gatos.. many thanks for such a detailed review. I always thought that this would be a bit of a gamble making an edit which stretches 4 discs, so I'm grateful that people such as your good self are willing to download them all and then even review them. Great to hear that you had such a blast watching it :) Certainly makes the hard work all worth while, even if I was somewhat horrified to hear that there's one little flashframe halfway through episode 1... I tell you, not only I missed it, but so did my girlfriend and two friends of mine. I don't feel it's a particularly awful one, so hopefully other viewers will feel the same.

Other than that, I'm delighted you had such a good time. My girlfriend says a big thank you btw for the comments in reference to her ADR work. She was pretty sure she would be ripped apart by some reviews, so I think you made her day when she read your comments :)

Hope you enjoy the commentaries when you get around to listening to them. It's the first time I've had access to a good quality condensor microphone (which was also used for the voiceover work during the LS Network parts), so hopefully it will be a step up from my commentaries in the past. Thanks again!

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have a confession. I've never seen Rambo II or III. I bought the box set in anticipation for this edit but never got around to watching them. But screw it, I'm gonna watch this edit, so we'll see how well it works for a Rambo noob.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not our concern, move along.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
I have a confession. I've never seen Rambo II or III. I bought the box set in anticipation for this edit but never got around to watching them. But screw it, I'm gonna watch this edit, so we'll see how well it works for a Rambo noob.

Never seen Rambo II or III?!!!! :shock: Wow. Rambo II particularly is a blast Neg. One of the best 80's action movies you could ever wish to see. Hope you enjoy it in its TV form ;)

Muffy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you can't watch it in the first place it's our concern Mr Frank lolz.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Muffy said:
Is that your signature speech there TV's Frank as its not making much sense?!

1) Please don't egg on Frink, it just gets him mad and gets you in trouble. Then I gotta hear all about it next time we play Hearts.

2) Please read this thread, it may help clarify why fanedit.org and fanedit.info are separate. If any questions on it, send me a PM.

3) Reread the rules.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Muffy, you obviously need a rules refresher.

6. Discussing The Availability of Fanedits. NEVER post a link in the forums to any website where you can download fanedits. And when saying where something has been uploaded, DO NOT use full URLs. Generic names are acceptable (rapidshare, mediafire, info, etc.) but please DO NOT get into discussions of download sites.

Muffy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok Neglify point taken just was a polite post to fellow film fans if they had same issue, got a big bump coming up now from that rulebook just thrown :)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Forever Bionic" !?!!!

I love the LS Network!!! :peace:

Top Bottom