If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

New Style
Gatos Wrote:Now I'm confused. Was it not dark style just a few days back and now its light?

*Nevermind, I see that there's the option in Settings to change to the dark theme. But FWIW I think we were all inadvertently changed to the light theme a few days back. But I've been known to make mistakes...from time to time.
yup, just my experience. Suddenly I had the light theme without having switched anything. It was easy enough to set it back though. It is nice to have options.
I am a bit disappointed that my history on fanedit.org is nowhere mentioned anymore. It was 5 years of my life.
Gatos Wrote:Now I'm confused. Was it not dark style just a few days back and now its light?

If that did happen it shouldn't have.

UPDATE: I just checked the settings and for some reason the default style was the light theme. It may have switched when I renamed the new theme though I'm not 100%. In any event it was a mistake and has been switched back to the dark theme.

Quote:*Nevermind, I see that there's the option in Settings to change to the dark theme. But FWIW I think we were all inadvertently changed to the light theme a few days back. But I've been known to make mistakes...from time to time.

Let me give a rundown of exactly what happened. A few weeks ago we were hacked. Nothing malicious was done except text was added to several page templates that caused some aspects of the site to show a "You were hacked" message instead of the actual page. Over the last couple of weeks we have tightened up some aspects of the site such as FTP, admin controls, etc. The software was a few versions out-of-date so that was updated, but when we did that several components became incompatible or broke. The dark style was one such component. It is a third-party theme we heavily customized, so with every update of the software the theme needs to be updated as well. When we do that our customizations break and requires a lot of time to go through and fix. Part of that is because the navbar you see (i.e. News, Forums, What's New?, etc.) is also a third-party mod so we could customize it better than what the default software allowed. With the latest software update the theme broke as did the navbar, a piece of software no longer being updated or supported by the developer. Thankfully, the site software has since updated the navbar for customization, not nearly as good as the third-party, but for compatibility reasons we needed to switch to it.

So, in doing all these updates, changes had to be made to ensure the style stayed as close to what you guys are used to. Yes... some of the drop downs disappeared but you can still access the information with an extra click. No pages were removed, but the steps to get to them changed a little. It was the nature of the beast to make the site more secure. So, once the new dark theme was created to mimic the old I set it to be the default and turned off the old dark theme. That should have kept the style the same for everyone (minus the new navbar). If it didn't then I apologize.

For those who have the light theme, don't like it, and want the old darker theme back simply scroll down to the bottom of this page and on the left side you'll see a drop down menu. Simply change that to Dark FE Theme and you'll be back to what you're used to.
Q2 No need to apologize, not a big deal at all. Thanks for the explanation.
>>>Completed Edits<<<
Recently Completed: Crossing Mulberry Street
Currently Editing: Taxi Driver Rescored (Refn/Drive/Cliff Martinez Style)

"I used Adobe Premiere, I like to do a little weekend editing. I recently just cut 3 minutes out of Goodfellas."

Update made to my prior post.
Every time I read this thread title I think of this song.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators. 
Neglify Wrote:Every time I read this thread title I think of this song.

Wow, me too!
Oh.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators. 
Neglify Wrote:Oh.

[Image: haha.png#HA%20HA]
Neglify Wrote:Oh.

Totally stolen
>>>Completed Edits<<<
Recently Completed: Crossing Mulberry Street
Currently Editing: Taxi Driver Rescored (Refn/Drive/Cliff Martinez Style)

"I used Adobe Premiere, I like to do a little weekend editing. I recently just cut 3 minutes out of Goodfellas."

Gatos Wrote:Totally stolen

Well I am most illin' when I'm rhymin' an' stealin'.