If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

New Style
I just wanted to let you know I created a new style for the site. It in an unauthorized pet project of mine to create a lighter theme, so if you think it's crap it's all on me. Feel free to use it or not. To try it out scroll to the bottom of the page and, on the left side, choose Modern FE Fluid from the drop down.
Nice work [MENTION=8530]Q2[/MENTION] ! I'm generally a fan of the darker theme, but hey, you did good kid. Be proud of yourself, dammit!
I am in the process of reuploading all of my current edits, so please bear with me as I get everything in order.
Fan Edits by Aztek463 via the IFDB
Aztek463 Wrote:Nice work Q2 ! I'm generally a fan of the darker theme, but hey, you did good kid. Be proud of yourself, dammit!

Well, I can't take most of the credit. It was a style I found that I tweaked to look better for this site.
Q2 Wrote:Well, I can't take most of the credit. It was a style I found that I tweaked to look better for this site.

Oh, well then.... Tongue
I am in the process of reuploading all of my current edits, so please bear with me as I get everything in order.
Fan Edits by Aztek463 via the IFDB
[Image: I+approve.jpg]
But really, the darker theme has grown on me, and its what i associate the site with. The new theme, while nicely done, doesn't feel like fanedit.org to me :-P I could try it for a few days though!
Nice, definitely more "modern" looking!

Constructive criticism from my POV:
1. some fonts here and there don't have enough contrast to view easily
2. The posts are too wide - Almost goes the width of the screen, which is too long for our lazy eyes to read. We do better with more narrow columns when reading long sections of text.

we = humans, but maybe that wasn't the intended audience? Wink

The color scheme is nice and I like how much more the notifications stands out! I like the minimalist use of gradients and such. Good job!
Thanks for the feedback. The style was a "fluid" one, so it adjusts to however large your browser window was. But, based on your suggestion, I locked it to the same dimensions as the dark theme. Hopefully that's a little better.
I think I must be in the minority, but I really prefer the darker grey look. Far too bright white in this new style for me - sorry Q2 Sad Will there be an option to use the old look?

Ooops, my bad.... there is indeed an option!!!! Silly silly me.
Completed
Last Survivor Completed Edits
Currently Editing
Licence Revoked
LastSurvivor Wrote:I think I must be in the minority, but I really prefer the darker grey look.

I don't think you are in the minority...