• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Adventures of Superman, The - The Kryptonite Saga Vol. 2:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This sequel was even more enjoyable than the first installment. Aside from the pesky Jimmy Olsen, all the goofy characters from the first series were dropped in favor of adults. The Nazi survivors were not cartoon types, either. Excellent layering of additional audio tracks. Gustav Mahler was a great fit. Only hiccup I noticed was the abrupt edit at 72.21. That should have been smoother. To modern audiences, accustomed to action explosions every five minutes, the pace might seem tortoise slow. Yet this does build character and was not boring. While a childrens radio show, this was surprisingly dark, and somewhat geeky, with many references to atomic weaponry. Artwork was fine, though images were available online featuring Atom Man. Back in the 90s, I had listened to the original in a 7 CD box set. This edit is a choice distillation and easily recommended. Good to pop in for commutes. Note to Siebener: There better be a part 3. I ain't saying why, I'm just saying.

More...

Top Bottom