• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

True Detective (New HBO series)

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just saw a preview for this show on HBO. I'm a big Woody Harrelson fan and Matthew McConaughey gets a bad rap (he was pretty good in Mud and I'll have to wait and see if he's any good in Dallas Buyers Club). What I've read from wikipedia is that it uses multiple timelines and is about two detectives in Louisiana trying to hunt down a serial killer and the show spans 17 years. I'm a sucker for a good preview/trailer/teaser though, so this could end up being crap.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hm. I could do without yet another cop show, but Cary Fukunaga's first two films, Sin Nombre and Jane Eyre, have been absolute masterpieces, so based on that and the rest of the pedigree I'll probably give this a rent at some point.

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great, great first episode. Very cinematic feel to it. Love the narrative. Whatever makeup they used to make Harrelson and McConaughey look young is phenomenal. Very interested to see where this will go.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Holy shit, this was pretty great! I don't watch much TV but I'll be sure to tune in every week for this.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
First episode was quite good.

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It was much more than I was expecting and I was gripped from the first minute to the last. Great to see Clarke Peters and Michael Potts from The Wire in there too.

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My wife and I were so excited the second the show started to the end, I can't wait for next Sunday!

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Metrostar said:
It was much more than I was expecting and I was gripped from the first minute to the last. Great to see Clarke Peters and Michael Potts from The Wire in there too.

Lol, forgot about Brother Mouzone!

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gatos said:
Lol, forgot about Brother Mouzone!

If ever a character should have had a spin-off show of their own.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
YES Brother Mouzone! I knew I recognized him from something. Must have been the lack of bow tie, glasses, and general badassery that kept me from making the connection.

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It was above average but it's HBO after all. It feels pretty much like real life, except for the conversations in the car that IMHO felt a bit "trying too hard not to sound cliche".

RollWave

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
is this show more of a serial or more of a procedural? i'd watch a procedural week to week, but if its serial, i'll wait til the season ends and binge it on demand.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Halfway through the second episode. Still enjoying this show, also, amazing boobs!

I know we want to keep this site decent, and not make it anymore of wretched hive of scum and villainy BUT, that's why I'm putting this in NSFW tags!

xpy.gif

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like that the bodycount is low, I didn't expect that after the first episode.

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, Gatos. Two thumbs up.

I really enjoyed the second episode. Matthew McConaughey as Rust Cohle, especially in the present day scenes, is mesmerizing. I'm loving the acting, the expressions, the ticks and gestures. Very good.

StormTrooper

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gatos said:
Halfway through the second episode. Still enjoying this show, also, amazing boobs!

I know we want to keep this site decent, and not make it anymore of wretched hive of scum and villainy BUT, that's why I'm putting this in NSFW tags!

xpy.gif

Sweet Jesus :)
Just about to watch EP2

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I second the amazing boobs comment. The cinematography is awesome always great music choices by T-Bone Burnett.
Great makeup- Woody's hair-piece alone is something.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Last night's episode was good. McConaughey's character is fuggin awesome.

Top Bottom