• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Harry Potter world continues with spin off series

to be in fan mode:

I find the choice surprising and refreshing which gives me hope. no studio in their right mind would have said: let's make a Newt Scamander movie!
so maybe there really is a story rowling wants to tell

no no no dammit enough with the grown men waving their silly little wooden sticks and pig latin spells, let's go back to swords and fist-launched fireballs forever :p

(yes I'm still a little buzzed from night one of competitive league karaoke but the buzzedprose is for dramatic effect :p)

Sure! Why not? I am a big fan of both the Harry Potter books and movies, and this sounds like a nice way to expand this universe, while being different enough from the already existing stories and characters. Plus i like the fact that J. K. Rowling is writing this as she is a great writer in my oppinion. So yea, color me interested in this.

I'm intrigued. I can certainly see this being a globe-trotting adventure of awesome.

i think it would be interesting if she explored the other wizard schools in the area. like that one seemingly all girl school. or the one harboring a young Edward Cullen :)D). i can't remember the other school or was it just Hogwarts and the two others in that tournament?
she could take a view of how the evil wizard attacking Hogwarts had an effect on those other schools.

I've been saying for a while it'd be neat to get more of the Wizarding World, and there are plenty of opportunities to explore important events. I have a list I keep for... reasons.

1. The Beginning of Magic (Peverell family)
2. The Founding of Hogwarts (or the Ministry)
3. The Dumbledore Stuff (and Grindelwald)
4. The Tom Riddle Stuff (and Hagrid)
5. The Mauraders Stuff (and Snape)
6. The Aurors Adventures (more Harry and Ron)
7. The Next Generation (or Muggle Wars, take your pick)

There you go. A new set of seven stories. Run with it, WB! Run!

I agree those are great ideas, but I don't think we'll see much if anything more related to the core characters of the Harry Potter 7-book series. From your list, I think #s 1, 2, and 7 are most likely now. Personally, I think those that are more removed could be more interesting and a lot more fun to develop.

ThrowgnCpr said:
I agree those are great ideas, but I don't think we'll see much if anything more related to the core characters of the Harry Potter 7-book series. From your list, I think #s 1, 2, and 7 are most likely now. Personally, I think those that are more removed could be more interesting and a lot more fun to develop.

agree the scamander thing feels really free to go into any directions whatsoever

Gaith said:
competitive league karaoke

1eqohj.gif

I'm only a tangential Harry Potter fan, but I think this is a very clever idea.

This is the analogy I've been making to friends: Robert Zemeckis & Bob Gale won't make any more Back to the Future movies or allow Universal to do so. And there's no way a sequel could live up to fan expectations, anyway.

So what if instead Universal made an "adaptation" of George McFly's novel "A Match Made in Space"?

That's kind of crazy, but kind of awesome at the same time. :)

Back
Top Bottom