• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Jurassic World (2015)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Jurassic World" in 90 seconds with LEGOs. SPOILERS, obviously.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just got my blu-ray today. I dug a couple of the featurettes but was really disappointed with the couple deleted scenes. That being said, I think this movie would benefit from more subtraction than addition, but it's a bummer there's not much usable there (in my opinion). Still can't wait to rewatch this and see if anybody takes a crack at color grading it.

Dr. Chim Richalds

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The more I watch it the more I really hope someone (who has more talent than me) takes a crack at this one. I think the scene where they cover themselves with dino poop at least explains why they aren't smelled later on and has a fun vibe to it, but otherwise yeah they're really useless scenes. Someone could easily chop 10 minutes out and greatly improve it, starting with the over the top death during the pteradon attack.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd much rather watch this than the real movie... ;-)

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dr. Chim Richalds said:
The more I watch it the more I really hope someone (who has more talent than me) takes a crack at this one. I think the scene where they cover themselves with dino poop at least explains why they aren't smelled later on and has a fun vibe to it, but otherwise yeah they're really useless scenes. Someone could easily chop 10 minutes out and greatly improve it, starting with the over the top death during the pteradon attack.

I've actually been thinking of doing an edit for this. Nothing too major since I generally liked the film, but trimming the pteranadon attack was certainly a given.

I was also thinking about cutting the mention of the I-Rex being able to sense thermal radiation. It does that exactly zero times throughout the film, so there's no need to even mention it. I really wish they had done more with the ability to camouflage. The bits with the carnotaurs in The Lost World novel when they were blending in were really tense.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Agreed! I kinda thought a few people would take a crack at this one. Once I finish the things I'm working on, I may have a go if there's not a definitive one for me out there.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is a youtube clip that exists. Why? I have no idea, but it's amusing nonetheless:

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alas, there are no other such movie theme covers on this guy's channel:

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Goldblum insults those who complete every item quest of a Lost World video game. I laughed.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally, a video essay giving JW the praise (as well as a few lumps) it deserves for its meta franchise deconstructionism!

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
jrWHAG42 said:
I watched Jurassic Park for the first time recently, and I kinda hated it.

You WHAT?!

Okay, maybe hate is a bit of an exaggeration. I just really didn't like it.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
Okay, maybe hate is a bit of an exaggeration. I just really didn't like it.

Well that's more understandable. The saying "one's trash is another's treasure" can go the other way.

I was gonna say, "who hurt you, and were they a dinosaur?"

Top Bottom