• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Jurassic World (2015)

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The fourth Jurassic Park is now called Jurassic World...
but from what it seems it's not because dinos took control of the world, no, that would have been too good.
For now it seems that it's just a new theme park that will be called Jurassic World. :neutral:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/64101

baileym43

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
The fourth Jurassic Park is now called Jurassic World...
but from what it seems it's not because dinos took control of the world, no, that would have been too good.
For now it seems that it's just a new theme park that will be called Jurassic World. :neutral:
i was kinda hoping they would go in this direction.
dino-riders.jpg

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It might not be all that bad.

From this story here, the director said that it's not "a paycheck gig" or that he's doing it just to make other movies, that he wants to make a "kickass" Jurassic Park movie.

I'm getting the impression everyone involved in the film wants to put their best forward, and while I'm not familiar with Tervorrow or his work, he seems sincere enough.

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If learning from previous sequels after a few years (Evil Dead, Riddick...)
It will probably be a complete retelling of Jurassic park but set in america/any non-island location
the first 20 minutes will have some referrences to original parts and then it will be straightforward dino breakout...

/cynicalmode off

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Safety Not Guaranteed is a fine film, and it honestly looks like they're trying to make a good movie. If they wanted to make a bad sequel it could have came out any time in the last decade. I'm optimistic.

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
pitch trailer
[video=youtube_share;5ZL_5xh4pjc]

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hmmm. well, its cool that they showcase probably behavioral mechanisms. Courtship feeding is common for many bird species, and likely present for some dinosaur/pterosaur species.

as for the movie, we'll see... :)

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
hmmm. well, its cool that they showcase probably behavioral mechanisms. Courtship feeding is common for many bird species, and likely present for some dinosaur/pterosaur species.

as for the movie, we'll see... :)

Some people in the youtube comment says that this is a trailer clip from an abandoned video game.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
And here's the trailer!

I know it's a ways until the release so hopefully it will be polished, but the CGI in that trailer look like something from a SyFy movie. Also, the hybrid dino on a rampage make this look to be more Godzilla than the original JP. I loved the original, even with its many flaws. The sequels haven't seemed to even be interested in exploring what it was that made that movie (and book) interesting.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
And here's the trailer!

I loved it. I think this (the park being OPEN) is such a cool idea and despite rumors about the plot, I think the hybrid "new" dinosaur is actually a cool idea, as presented in the trailer it makes sense, I even said wow when they did the shark thing. I thought the visuals were totally up to par. Keep in mind I'm watching on a large computer monitor but still the dinosaurs were recognizable to the franchise and the CG looked great to me. That last shot with the motorcycle should be the basis of a video game. I'd buy and play it.

I also loved the original film and the sequel, the third one seemed like a cash grab just ten minutes into it.

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
I know it's a ways until the release so hopefully it will be polished, but the CGI in that trailer look like something from a SyFy movie. Also, the hybrid dino on a rampage make this look to be more Godzilla than the original JP. I loved the original, even with its many flaws. The sequels haven't seemed to even be interested in exploring what it was that made that movie (and book) interesting.

Well it would be what a SyFy or Asylum (Transmorphers, etc) script riffing off JP would sound like. Its quite clear that this is a "reboot/remake"/stand-alone-sequel (JJ's Star Trek) of the first Jurassic Park film (admittedly both sequels to that movie I did not enjoy at all). You will not have to have watched any of the prior films from the OT to watch this of course(tho I'm sure the first film will be alluded to), I mean c'mon, how many teens would want to watch a movie about animatronic dinosaurs and practical effects from over 20 yrs ago? The target audience is not that old. And no, I doubt this movie will have much to do with Michael Crichton's novel or Spielberg's storyline about boring paleontologists or mathematicians who interacted with creatures representing actual dinosaurs-- I mean dude, Galaxy's Chris Pratt is going to kick that hybrid monster's ass with that elephant gun--so cool... sigh jk:p (But in their defence they had to make it a "hybrid" to avoid accusations of just outright remaking JP, tho they are)

In all seriousness tho, I think they are making the right move by remaking the first film. The sequels were quite painful and uninteresting, and if Christopher Nolan could take a concept and make it better, I'm sure these guys will do the same with the 'dinosaurs in a park' concept. It's JP '93 for the current generation, and although it won't have the impact or resonance of the first film, its better than nothing. they also might have mentioned the Actual actors on their cast like Omar Sy, Irrfan Khan and Vincent D'Onofrio.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ranger613 said:
Its quite clear that this is a "reboot/remake"/stand-alone-sequel (JJ's Star Trek) of the first Jurassic Park film (admittedly both sequels to that movie I did not enjoy at all). <snip>

In all seriousness tho, I think they are making the right move by remaking the first film.

It's not a remake. Reboot maybe. It's a sequel, 20 years after the first. A rebooquel (coined by me). The events in the three previous flicks are canon in #4 (as far as we know). They're using the same formula as the first, but it's not a remake.

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rebooquel. Love that, its now an official term

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It looks cool, I'll go see it.
But the only thing that really looks almost imaginative are the friendly raptors.
And maybe they should have let the surprise for the movie even at the detriment of the trailer.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Definately a rebooquel. JP for the new generation. Could be cool. My kids will probably love it!

skyled

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This actually looks pretty fun. It's like a remake of the original but this time it's from the hunter guy's perspective.

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Echoing at least two other people I respect, I really want this movie to work as a film so Chris Pratt becomes the Harrison Ford of my generation. Also, that last shot of Pratt being buds with velociraptors:

jw2-660x440.jpg

"You said it yourself, bitch: We're the Warriors of Jurassic World."

Top Bottom