• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Star Wars - Episode II: Attack Of The Clones: Reborn:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
As in Episode I, TM2YC manages to extract a Star Wars-ish movie from the Attack of Clones. I really enjoyed this edit and once again I feel TM2YC sees what Lucas meant but seems unable to do anymore. Lets see... What I hated of the original? Anakin character is annoying at best, unbearable at worse. Consequently you get the feeling that Obi-Wan is the worse mentor ever, how can he possibly transform the nice child of Ep.I in such a persons? Even if Anakin is such a douchebag Padme falls in love with him with some of the worse romantic dialogs ever. To cite Darths & Droids notes: "Writing this[375th strip] we have a new-found appreciation for just how time-consuming and horribly difficult it is to write truly awkward romantic dialogue. George Lucas is a genius." The Jedi council decides to split the pair sending Anakin to his first solo mission while Obi-Wan disagrees, but Joda arrogantly says the council is sure of the decision. This edit fixed all of that, ALL OF IT. Anakin is not humble, but still he respects and loves his mentor; he actually knows Obi-Was is powerful and wise and he has much to learn. Removing the nonsensical disagreement with Obi-Wan Anakin's mental breakdown after the death his mother appears felt and hearth-wrenching; the difference with the theatrical release where Anakin appears a spoiled child is impressive. Reintroducing the deleted scenes Amidala appears as a powerful politician and everything revolves about her pacifist ways that still fail to stop the arrival of the clone army. The love story works much better and you actually think that Captain Typho, Amidala bodyguard, was right thinking that she can importunate him more than vice-versa. Kenobi is still worried for the solo mission of this apprentice, but TM2YC used a deleted scene where Windu states to have faith in him instead that the council is sure. Considering how Anakin is better than in the theatrical version the scene works much better. The cut-n-past job is really visible only during the final duel Doku against Yoda; Yoda appears much less agile and prefers using the force than the sword. All considered the new duel is probably better as in the original where it seems Yoda could destroy Doku ship with debris, but for some reasons he does not. Here he has hard time defending himself and rescuing Obi-Wan and Anakin.

More...

Top Bottom