• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: From Hell: Engraved In Stone:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished watching this last night.Very, very fine work.Audio and video editing appeared seamless. No oddball scene jumps, no sudden shifts of audio levels.The overall tone of this edit was grim, more so than the original, which I believe was by intent.The "look" was more grindhouse than films meant to be that way.The film was dark. I mean that literally, the look was very dark with lots of blacks, grays, shadows, and little white. The black seemed to deepen as the film / narrative progressed. By the end my eyes were fatigued. When I rewatch this, I will undoubtedly increase the Brightness on my monitor. Just a comment.Nice bit of removal during closing credits. Marilyn Manson was completely inappropriate. Antony & The Johnsons was a nice choice, though perhaps a trifle obscure for the average listener. The Smiths, less so. Still welcome adds.Overall, a great edit, one I think a lot of members will appreciate.

More...

Back
Top Bottom