• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: Covenant Edition:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is an exemplary fan edit. Although perhaps some movies might be converted into a far more successful narrative, such a feat is not possible when it comes to movies more fundamentally problematic. But when it comes to bringing a movie in a franchise back to the quality of it's predecessors, well, I can't imagine much more that could be done.Firstly, the movies overdone coloring has been removed. And although it was quite noticable for me, it was nothing once I got used to it. And it certainly helps make the movie feel more like an actual sequel to the 80's originals.The best part of this movie is the cuts. They are so seamless that I must have missed 90% of them.The First thing I noticed were some dialogue cuts, with no issues. Then came the actual excising of whole scenes. The first of which I noticed was the removal of the atomic bomb scenes and interrogation. Indy now simply stumbles on civilization, shining in the distance. Then he is seen on a train.This. is. perfect. In the original movie we were confused by the train segment. Why was indy there? How could mutt find him? Besides that, the terrible, terrible acting of the FBI people is now gone, thank heavens. And altough his dialogue with mac still references it, Indy is no longer directly stated to be some war hero. (which is overdoing it, and pushing Indy even further into mary sue territory)Now, it makes perfect sense! He's on a train back to wherever the college is, where he works. Sure, Mutt must have employed some detective work in finding out he was there at that time, and there's no difference in the logic in this between the versions, but I can accept it in any case.The pacing of the movie was excellent. I never thought that a part dragged on too long. I also like that Take me to your cinema also doesn't dislike Mutt as much as some fans, and we don't lose the fencing scene which I admittedly always enjoyed.Lastly, there's the removal of the live alien on screen, at the end of the movie. I was looking forward to seeing the changes, because I didn't realize any way in which it could be done and still look professional. But it was just perfect. This scene cemented the fact that this is my go-to version of this movie.Although I must say, I downloaded the .iso dvd version, and expected more quality than what I received. It looked much more like an .avi. Still, perhaps that is more of an issue to others than to me.In the end I must say that this could probably have salvaged the movie, in the eyes of the fans. If it had been the version we saw.

More...

Top Bottom