• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Westworld (HBO Show)

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/08/30/westworld-jj-abrams-hbo/

So for those too lazy to read the above link, HBO has ordered a pilot for an adaptation of the Michael Crichton book "Westworld," which was made into a badass 1973 movie wherein Yul Brynner played the Terminator.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am so down for this. J.J. Abrams, Jonathan Nolan, and Jerry Weintraub (Behind the Candelabra, the Ocean's movies) are making it. I love J.J., though I will admit it seems as if his TV producing credits nowadays are more like just endorsements than any sort of quality guarantee. Either way J.J. is better than most. Nolan is an awesome screenwriter and it looks like he'll be directing the pilot. I haven't seen Person of Interest but I've heard good things. Also his brother is Christopher Nolan.

But the thing that makes me most excited is that HBO is behind it. I think I probably trust HBO more than any other channel. The possibilities for a HBO Westworld series are endless. I'm excited.

Siebener

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I never thought I'd write that, but: I always liked the sequel better. Probably because I saw it as a nine-year-old at my grandma's place. She always let me watch the late night horror-, sci-fi movies. That guy at 01:51 scared the hell out of me.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DominicCobb said:
So for those too lazy to read the above link...

Well played sir.

Now that I've actually read the link... Shit. A Westworld TV show? Dammit. Bad times.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Long time coming but HBO's Westworld is finally open for business!

Caught the premiere and it was everything I could have hoped for and more. Cannot wait for whatever's to come.

douchebag

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The pilot was great. Hooked right from the opening. This will be something to keep an eye on. Who knows, maybe after the show ends someone could turn it into a movie.

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really enjoyed this show. Too bad we have to wait until 2018 for season 2.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Adabisi said:
I really enjoyed this show. Too bad we have to wait until 2018 for season 2.

Me, too. Although I think it sounds like spring, not fall based on Nolan saying they wanted 2017 but couldn't quite get there.

It sucks but it makes sense to me. I'm assuming because it was so expensive that they needed to make sure it was a hit before hitting pre-production on season 2 hard.

It's odd to me that I connected with it so much. There's not a human character I can relate to, nobody answers direct questions, and it's all telling not showing for character motivations, but I just love the philosophical ideas on AI. I was a bit worried after a few episodes because they had too many characters to follow and too many mysteries for me but the show streamlined and answered some basic logistical questions very well.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
While it was visually stunning, this show did not satisfy me entirely. To me it was confusing.

When it became more and more unclear, who was a host and who not and what universe was actually or actually actually real, it became close to impossible for me to connect emotionally with any of the characters or root for anything. So the ending of season one was intersting to watch, but I only could do it from an emotional distance. I felt like a host that was fed information or a back story. They left out the tragic cornerstone.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
you can use:

{spoiler}  text {/spoiler}

replace {} with []

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A brand new primer has dropped for Season 2!

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ OMG:

qo76nxu.jpg

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
A brand new primer has dropped for Season 2!

Is this the video that spoils the whole season? Not happy they did this.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Give it a watch, at least the first two min. You won't be disappointed.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm still too afraid to watch. I don't even like watching trailers.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alright, fair enough. But I'd be interested in your thoughts if you do end up watching it...

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So Dominic... you still rolling the idea around in your head to watch this? Come on... you know you want to.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Saw the premiere. Boy was it kind of snail-paced...felt like it was shot with a skeleton crew

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I liked the first season but felt it was too drawn out. I don't like binging shows, but I'll probably wait a few weeks so I can watch maybe 3 a week and finish with the finale live.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love love love this show, S2 premiere was wonderfulness. And I watched 0 trailer type videos beforehand.

Top Bottom