• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Incredible Hulk Extended Special Edition

tomahawk

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Extended Incredible Hulk with all deleted scenes reintegrated, re arrangement of flashback scenes to be placed throughout, new 5.1 score placement over all deleted scenes and some new score placement throughout.
Some minor scene rearrangement. DVD 5.1 surround sound. 2 hrs and 30 minutes.

So this has been completed and submitted.

Drawing on the Edward Norton script that is floating around cyberspace, I decided to try and replicate that as much as possible including the removal of the opening credits sequence, with the scenes that it included now dispersed throughout the film in flashback form. In this way, the Hulk's origin is slowly revealed to us, as is Bruce's history with Betty. I happen to love the Theatrical edition of the film, but as efficient as the opening credit sequence was, it basically showed events occurring to characters we didn't know or care about. This is a completely different feeling cut.

At 2 and a half hours including credits, it is now closer to the film that I believe Norton envisaged when he adapted the existing screenplay.

The deleted scenes have been inserted as seamlessly as I could manage with some colour correction and additional score to fill out the soundspace. Additional score has been placed over deleted scenes that didn't have any, and surrounding scenes to help their insertion feel organic.

Scenes that were rearranged from the script in the theatrical version have been placed back into their original context generally surrounded by once deleted scenes.

This is a film about human arrogance and hubris with well drawn out characters and relationships all wrapped up in the guise of a comic book movie. That is of course until it ends up becoming a comic book movie! And that's cool too.

As for the fact that this is the first edit I have submitted here, rest assured that I have been doing edits for many years (primarily extended versions) for my own viewing (I even have a 4 hour Matrix Reloaded edit that I did on VHS years ago floating around somewhere! VHS!).

DVD SL and DL

DLC Submitted to info.

Thanks to Neglify for the Cover Art!!

emanswfan said:

tomahawk said:
I tried to find another edit. Couldn't

http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showt...e-Hulk-Out-of-Control-Cut&p=199916#post199916
QuickCut said:
I actually unfortunately don't have a copy of this anymore. I got rid of a bunch of DVDs a while ago and this ended up with them somehow or other. I'm just posting this because I'm getting a lot of PMs about availability. I don't know if it'll help to say something about it here, but in short, I can't help you. I really apologize for it, but there's not much I can do short of re-editing the entire thing. :-(

He couldn't get a hold of that FE so he made his own.

So this has been completed and submitted.

Drawing on the Edward Norton script that is floating around cyberspace, I decided to try and replicate that as much as possible including the removal of the opening credits sequence, with the scenes that it included now dispersed throughout the film in flashback form. In this way, the Hulk's origin is slowly revealed to us, as is Bruce's history with Betty. I happen to love the Theatrical edition of the film, but as efficient as the opening credit sequence was, it basically showed events occurring to characters we didn't know or care about. This is a completely different feeling cut.

At 2 and a half hours including credits, it is now closer to the film that I believe Norton envisaged when he adapted the existing screenplay.

The deleted scenes have been inserted as seamlessly as I could manage with some colour correction and additional score to fill out the soundspace. Additional score has been placed over deleted scenes that didn't have any, and surrounding scenes to help their insertion feel organic.

Scenes that were rearranged from the script in the theatrical version have been placed back into their original context generally surrounded by once deleted scenes.

This is a film about human arrogance and hubris with well drawn out characters and relationships all wrapped up in the guise of a comic book movie. That is of course until it ends up becoming a comic book movie! And that's cool too.

As for the fact that this is the first edit I have submitted here, rest assured that I have been doing edits for many years (primarily extended versions) for my own viewing (I even have a 4 hour Matrix Reloaded edit that I did on VHS years ago floating around somewhere! VHS!).

I Hope this is enjoyed!

DVD SL and DL formats now complete.

Original Post updated.

I also loved the theatrical release but after viewing the deleted scenes on blu-ray, I wanted to create a version that incorporated them. Unfortunately, I never got around to doing it but after reading tomahawk's comments on the corrections made, I'm glad I didn't waste time with my limited skills making an inferior version. Simply put, I was thoroughly impressed. I witnessed no transition flaws in either video or audio and I watched the movie listening with a good pair of Sennheisers. I admit I don't know the movie as intimately as others with regards to scene scores, color corrections and such but suffice to say this should be the definitive version in my opinion. The sequencing of the deleted scenes with the originals really make for a more complete and satisfying viewing experience. Very well done tomahawk and thanks for your hard work and making it available.

Thanks for your comments Maximus. Glad you enjoyed.

A big thanks to Neglify too for the cover art!

DLC now submitted at info.

Has anyone seen this edit and the Quickcut version? How similar are they and can someone make a recommendation?

xhonzi said:
Has anyone seen this edit and the Quickcut version? How similar are they and can someone make a recommendation?

I too would love to know.

This one has every deleted scene included with the opening flashback scene removed and then dispersed throughout the movie as originally intended. It includes everything in Brazil and as such is about ten minutes longer than the Out Of Control Cut.

That doesn't mean mine is better, but mine is longer. ( I get that a lot by the way)

I so much want to see this, but have no idea where to get it. Any help?

I am an extraordinarily nice guy. I respond to PM's.

tomahawk said:
I am an extraordinarily nice guy. I respond to PM's.
Hey man, I NEED to see this so badly, do you know where I can get it? I'm kind of new to this whole thing... thanks!!

ThomasBrand said:
Hey man, I NEED to see this so badly, do you know where I can get it? I'm kind of new to this whole thing... thanks!!

There are rules and tips that you need need to read. Look at the top of every page.

Oh.. sorry! I thought this was a PM... I'm new remember! BTW Just wondering why you can't spread links? It would make things way easier, I've been looking for this FanEdit for ages but can't find it anywhere :( Oh well

Back
Top Bottom