• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Manhunter - Extended by Leonenut

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
MANHUNTER - EXTENDED by Leonenut

film name : Manhunter: Extended
film studio name : MGM
Date Original Film Was Released : 1986
Date Edit Was Released : May 2007
Original Runtime : 120 mins (Theatrical Cut), 124 mins (Director's Cut), 121 mins (Hybrid Cut)
New Runtime : 131 mins
Amount of time Cut/Added : 11 mins added

Cuts removed/added/extended :
Includes everything in the Theatrical Cut plus:
- Extended police briefing scene, including start and Will addressing the cops
- Will and Molly talking on the phone
- Will meeting Dr. Chilton
- Extended dialogue between Will and Lecktor
- Real estate agent showing Will the Jacobi house (non sped up version)
- Jack informing Will about Molly coming over
- Will and Molly talking in hotel room
- Longer version of Will in the Leeds house
- Shot of Jack leaning against wall
- Extra shots of Will and Jack while watching the home videos
- Will visiting the Tooth Fairy's next victims

Fanedit details (please add here details about DVD contents as well as video and audio information):
2.35:1 NTSC Anamorphic
Dolby Digital 5.1
Optional subtitle track with information on the different cuts

Your intention for this fanedit:
There are 4 different commercially available cuts of this film, all with their own unique scenes and footage.
I wanted to create a composite version with every scene

Time needed for the edition: 2 weeks

persons involved: LeoneNut

additional note by boon23:
I re-authored the DVD with all new menus and animated scene selection as well as some nice transition clips. I think it looks pretty nice. I did not alter video, sound, chapters or subtitles. Enjoy.
If you want leonenut's originally authored DVD, use the newsgroups link.

manhunterEE_by_boon23_3D.jpg

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

I'll be very interested to see this cut of the movie as I run a site dedicated to Manhunter at http://website.lineone.net/~manhunter.

I've detailed the differences between the official versions on this page http://website.lineone.net/~manhunter3/miss00.html click on 'next page' to see the various changes that have been made. I wonder if the continuity error has been addressed where a shot of Graham drawing his gun has been placed after he is already pointing it at the jogger.

haha, it is VERY cool you run that place, because it was YOUR website, where I found those beautiful posters and images, which I used for the DVD cover and the menus. You have a great great great website there about manhunter. Simply put: AWESOME.

not that I know of.

hobnobgoblin said:
I'll be very interested to see this cut of the movie as I run a site dedicated to Manhunter at http://website.lineone.net/~manhunter.

I've detailed the differences between the official versions on this page http://website.lineone.net/~manhunter3/miss00.html click on 'next page' to see the various changes that have been made. I wonder if the continuity error has been addressed where a shot of Graham drawing his gun has been placed after he is already pointing it at the jogger.

Great site, used your differences pages for working out most of the edit originally. Think you missed a shot or two though :)

It doesn't fix any continuity errors...

I have downloaded it and cast my critical eye over the extended cut of Manhunter. As someone who probably knows more than is healthy about this movie, I was a little concerned that I might be a little 'too close' to it to give a fair appraisal.

Nontheless, I heartily recommend this cut for gathering all the various versions of Manhunter into one longer experience. the editing is virtually seamless and where changes in sound/vision quality occur, it is purely down to the availiable material. Picture quality is close to/equal to it's source material.

If there was two things I could have changed, one would have been to brighten and slightly de-saturate the color on the scene were Graham meets Dr. Clilton in order to fix the orangey faces. This is a fault in the original low quality footage that had already been panned and scanned for TV and then poorly framed by Anchor Bay for 16:9 viewing on the Limited Edition release. There is little left to rescue here so it's perfectly fine for what it is.

The second thing would have been to change the title from Manhunter back to 'Red Dragon'. Many years ago I re-constructed the title caption in Ulead Cool3D to be a good match using the same Balloon XBd BT font and a glow filter. I no longer have the program now sadly. Minor stuff really.

I must give special mention to the 'edit' subtitle track. Excellent, every fanedit should have one! :) Every letter W is upper-case but great regardless. The menu system created by Boon are very well realised too.

Anyway 5/5 overall. Excellent work LeoneNut! :-D

the capital W could be my fault... I had to rip the subtitles for the new DVD... and to do this with subrip you have to type manually each letter. It could be that I made a mistake there.
still I am very happy you enjoyed it.

hobnobgoblin said:
Anyway 5/5 overall. Excellent work LeoneNut! :-D

Many thanks, good to see a Manhunter expert like it :)

Would have loved to fix the colours on the Graham/Dr.Chilton scene, maybe in a future version of the edit.

Glad you liked the subtitle track, think I was a bit drunk when I originally did that, could swear the W wasn't me though :-D

Wish I could see this. Doing a podcast on Manhunter soon. Not seeing it in Fanedit.info.

cashiers said:
Wish I could see this. Doing a podcast on Manhunter soon. Not seeing it in Fanedit.info.
[MENTION=4870]cashiers[/MENTION] please read The Rules and Using This Site, you can find those at the top of every page.

If a fanedit is offline, please first review the forum thread for the edit to see if the editor has posted information about this. Then check the Trades and Requests Forum to see if anybody has already brought the issue up. If nobody has mentioned it, you are free to send a private message to the faneditor or start a new thread in the Trades and Requests Forum.

Do not post things such as “Can somebody send me the links for this fanedit?” in a thread not in the Trades and Requests Forum. Posts like that will be deleted and the users will be redirected to the Trades and Requests Forum and these Rules.

Posting “This fanedit is offline” or “The links are down :(“ in an edit’s discussion thread is highly discouraged. Instead of doing that, send a PM to the editor or go to the Trades and Request Forum to see if some kind soul has reuploaded the fanedit.

If you don't understand this, feel free to send me a PM.

Back
Top Bottom