• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
havok1977 said:
Thoughts anyone?

"It always came at the same moment; when the brilliant space battle choreographed by a hundred CGI artists — all presumably my age and inspired to creative careers by a shared vision of a weirdly democratic, yet profoundly aristocratic dreamland of glow-sword wielding superheroes and pistol-packin' everymen — is replaced by a poorly-composed close-up of Hayden Christensen reciting nonsensical dialogue against a green screen."

So true...

and now every fanboy dream:
princess_leia_slave_leia.jpg

theslime

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great article. It doesn't really speak to me personally because SW has never (not even Empire) had that position with me. But some people really should read it and take it to heart.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hebrides said:
Apologies if anyone has already posted about this -- I don't follow SW news as much as some of you do -- but here's something that could be quite cool and a possible source of new dialogue for prequel fanedits: Liam Neeson will be voicing "ghost" Qui-Gon on The Clone Wars animated series:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/20/liam-neeson-star-wars-clone-wars-exclusive/

Looks cool, exept in ROTS Obi Wan seems very surprized when Yoda tells him that he found a way to speak to QuiGon.
Or maybe Obi is just very polite :D :|

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
Looks cool, exept in ROTS Obi Wan seems very surprized when Yoda tells him that he found a way to speak to QuiGon.
Or maybe Obi is just very polite :D :|

Or maybe it's just another reason to cut that part of the scene...;-)

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The good thing is also that the center audio of the clone wars series usualy is free of music,
meaning we will have those new lines of Neeson playing Quigon totaly clean and ready to be edited :)

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
The good thing is also that the center audio of the clone wars series usualy is free of music,
meaning we will have those new lines of Neeson playing Quigon totaly clean and ready to be edited :)

I wish there were more fanedits of Clone Wars. NUDGE.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:
The actual date for the release of the Star Wars Blu-Ray Saga has been revealed:

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-tours-20-open-20th-star-wars-blurays-dated/

Rejoice or weep at your own discretion.
Already found that out 3 days ago when Amazon sent me an updated release date for my preorder of the 9-disc set - least now I have an official date for when I'll be starting my HD Prequel edits. ;)

As for Qui-Gon appearing to Obi-Wan in Clone Wars, I'm of two minds about it:

1. It does somewhat contradict the end events with Obi-Wan and Yoda in EP3 (even though said scene was utter bullsh*t and was completely shoehorned into the ending when it wasn't needed at all) and it sorta brings back up the whole "Chosen One" prophecy (which was also bullsh*t and thankfully had been absent from the Clone Wars till now).:|

2. It's Qui-Gon Jinn, my favorite character from EP1 and in my view the best Jedi character presented in the entire Prequel saga, played by Liam Neeson himself. :D

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounding just as sleepy as he did in TPM. :p

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
Sounding just as sleepy as he did in TPM. :p

Well, be fair, Gaith -- he's dead. What better time to catch up on sleep? ;-)

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gotta say, it gave me a good laugh. :p

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If a son of mine ignored me like that, he'd surely feel the power of my Force... lecture.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For those who did not see it yet I just posted the SNL show featuring Carrie Fisher:

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else yet, and since it doesn't seem to be up on YouTube or anything yet, I wasn't sure it merited an "Article," but FYI: Adywan has released a low-quality preview clip of the first SIXTEEN (almost seventeen) minutes of ESB:R on his Facebook feed.

Top Bottom