• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
these are great shirts!! thanks for the post lewis. btw, how is that rise of the empire edit coming?

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah, found a link to those shirts on theforce.net
funny stuff...

thanks for asking about the edit.
going well.... slowly....but good.....
am working on it right now in fact....
i work 2 jobs and don't always feel motivated
to work on it when i get home.. but the past week
i've been working on it quite a bit. was frustrated
with some things having to do with rendering
and such, and i took a break from it for a while,
but i'm back on the job now ;)

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
cool lewis. looking forward to seeing it when its done. I know how things get busy. I am super busy with work right now, and can only jump on line every couple of days. I havent been able to do much with some of the projects I am working on

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There isn't enough going on for the 30th Anniversary. Where is the new DVD boxset? And why does my local Wal-Mart refuse to stock more than TWO of the new Hasbro figs? Pish-posh!

GyRo567

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know, there's nothing going on! =(

I wanted a 6 DVD set - hopefully (FINALLY) with EVERY cut all released once and for all in full restoration. Instead we got a few stamps and R2-D2 mailbox covers in select cities...?_?...

In any case, when I saw that Lucas wasn't going to do anything, I took matters into my own hands. I recently purchased every single release of the theatrical Star Wars Trilogy on VHS (in both full & wide screen for each release) and I plan on sequentially (chronologically by release date) watching every version of the theatrical Star Wars (the movie, not the trilogy) on May 25, 2007.

It's odd how the image quality actually goes down on each consecutive release (discounting VHS wear over time - the originals are from 1984, unless I'm mistaken) until the 1995 THX VHS release. These days, with digital technology, every release gets better and better in terms of image quality - assuming it's not marred by rushed CGI or poor color correction.

I forget where I was going with this, but to answer the topic title, I would definitely have to say that I am NOT "over" Star Wars. The Empire Strikes Back is and forever will be my favorite movie, in a permanent tie with The Great Escape.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i saw this. is this actually going to happen? it could be awesome. one of the biggest fan projects i have ever seen (if lucas doesnt smash it)

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i haven't been able to figure out if it's a fan project or not.... go watch the trailer on youtube.

"]

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i saw it. pretty cool. my guess is that it is a fan project, although i am not sure about it. did you see the thread over at OT dot com?

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nope, i'm never on ot. what did they say?

it looks pretty good, technically speaking, and it did pop up on may 25, 30th anniv. and the big day of Celebration IV... a day in which there was supposed to be some huge star wars announcement made (which i haven't found). so i think it's possible it could be official... but either way it looks cool.

are they saying anything about the "announcement" over there? there was a huge buzz about the announcement of another star wars movie or something coming up yesterday... but then nothing further was said.... :(

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, I thought this was the new Clone Wars series at first and I almost barfed. The humans look so fake! The rest is pretty great, but the people look like CG versions of the Droids series. The first shot of Leia and then the shot of Vader and his fucking mask moves as if it's his face! WTF? But other than that, I dig it. I like how Mace Windu shows up with what appears to be a robotic arm. I am really of the opinion that he lived through ROTS, and probably met his end elsewhere before ANH...

I really want the new Clone Wars series to have a more realistic effect, like the Starship Troopers show.

azzrael

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well personnaly here is the rummors I heard.

From the get go , GL had in mind 9 epsiodes.

he did 456 , then produced 456 SE to make enough money for the 123 (ands proove to people concerned that the fandom was still alive an kickin').

123 came out but he was starting to get old.
So during the making of 123 he toyed with various ideas:
The animated series is one of them , some material (stories) were made into games , comics, another idea being that 789 would become a TV serie.

I don't crawl the internet for SW related stuff (see i got only one life and that wouldn't be enough) but if someone has some info on what of episodes 789 ? ..

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've never heard any plot rumors, no.

But I am switching topics. I am surprised nobody else has posted this:

The Clone Wars (CG)!

Trailer: http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000478.html

Cartoony-faced mother fuckers! I mean other than that, it looks awesome. The CGI is beautiful (hard to REALLY judge it at this low of res, though). 2008 is a long time away...

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, that never gets old. It pops up every now and then and I have to watch it every time.

GyRo567

Reaction score
Trophy Points
SuperShadow is probably the largest hoax the internet has ever seen. Only the Y2K bug can beat him out on popularity.

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DARTH VADER CAN BE A REAL JERK!!

in case any of you haven't seen it.... funny stuff....

[youtube]

Top Bottom