• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Man, he must have had a terrible High School experience.
[youtubewide:1rjbc8t1]

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now, this IS grindhouse Star Wars!

[youtube:2lhjtve1]

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gambler!
Smuggler!
Scoundrel!
:smile:

he-guy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
InfoDroid said:
Anyone going to Celebration V in Orlando this August? I'll be there all four days.
Just noticed this post, but YES, I will be there in one week. I am planning on making some extra copies of Star Wars edits and passing them out to people I meet.

What do you think would be the best edits to give away to spread the word of fanediting to the masses? Many fans have already heard of The Phantom Edit, Thee Backslacpkping, and even more so ANH Revisited, and it is very easily accessable to anyone that wants to view it. I was thinking more along the lines of:
War of the Stars
Deleted Magic (original version)
Return of the Ewok

Any thoughts?

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now in "good" quality:
[youtube:2gbh5qbo]

Bobgarcia74

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Best line in the rap. "Daddy powers activate." Priceless

[youtubewide:1qkquk0v]

Same song, but this has the lyrics.

[youtubewide:1qkquk0v]

Bobgarcia74

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Found this on a post by Mrbenja on OT.com. made the hair on my arms stand up, lol

[youtubewide:2u7xx004]

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobgarcia74 said:
Found this on a post by Mrbenja on OT.com. made the hair on my arms stand up, lol

[youtubewide:zhqwg310]
F*ck me, they actually shot that scene?! :shock:
(would so kill to have that one for my RotJ edit right now...)

Here's the source for that scene, btw, which talks about SW films coming to Blu-ray sometime next year with a bunch of deleted/cut scenes, extras, and whatnot: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46137

As long as I can get my hands on the full deleted EP2 scene of Obi-Wan and the Archive librarian discussing Count Dooku leaving the Jedi Order, then I'd be a happy camper. :wink:

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The set will not have the OUT, only the special editions, and it looks like GL will not ever release them on Bluray

George Lucas said:
"Releasing the originals is kind of an oxymoron because the quality of the original is not very good. You have to go through and do a whole restoration on it, and you have to do that digitally. It's a very, very expensive process to do it. So when we did the transfer to digital, we only transferred really the upgraded version."

[youtube:2qgymofy]

Nooooooooooo.jpg

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Heres some more on the blu ray releases

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Lucasfilm-Confirms-Star-Wars-Blu-ray-Set-Still-No-Release-Date/6594

"We have been at work for a couple of years working on — I won't call it the Ultimate Set because we keep finding stuff—but, a very full set of all six [Star Wars] movies on Blu-ray with lots of extra material," Steve boasted. "We're finding all kinds of scenes from dailies that have never been seen before. Beyond all of those things that you know about there are some real treasures."

If they actually release it with those kinds of extras, and that lightsaber deleted scene, i would be a very, very happy man.

Well i can dream cant i?

Cactus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Like they wouldn't earn their money back on a OUT remastered blu-ray set...

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the way we could see it:

- Box set in 2011 all 6 movies with CG EP1 yoda and things like that + nice extras, but not all of them
- later: release of all 6 SW movies separately with few new bonus, and maybe an anamorphic SD version of the OT with each original epidodes...
- later: Ultimate SW box set with All 6 movies in their definitive forms, plus the classic OT in HD.
- later: The Classic version of the OT in a separate box set...

:razz:

EDIT: oh, and I forgot a 3D release, of course!

he-guy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobgarcia74 said:

[youtubewide:yjajrb1k]

You can hear me yelling at 39 seconds into the video. I waited in line all night to go to this presentation, and seeing this reveal in person with Lucas, Hamill, Fisher, and Jon Stewart on stage made it totally worth it for me. You'll notice most people held their cheering until the lightsaber was ignited, but as soon as the camera panned down, I knew for sure which footage had been recovered, and that we would finally get to see Luke with his newly constructed saber in the cave. :)

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Video no longer available due to...

What? :-x

oh wait heres another one, lets see how long it lasts :lol:

[youtube:2stp86n7]

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
Video no longer available due to...

What? :-x

oh wait heres another one, lets see how long it lasts :lol:
I knew the first video wasn't gonna last long, so I downloaded the HD mp4 version off of Youtube using KeepVid.com, which will keep me happy until the video's proper release next year. :wink:

Top Bottom