• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This Disney+ show in no way infringes the copyright of the long running TV show 'Crystal Maze':

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's a pretty familiar format. Reminds me a lot of Legends of the Hidden Temple.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks like an SNL parody with the jokes removed! I missed the December announcement for this somehow, and was wondering how the heck it was kept under wraps if it's due to premiere in just a week. Welp, good on Ahmed Best for getting work. :p

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
This Disney+ show in no way infringes the copyright of the long running TV show 'Crystal Maze'

Richard O'Brien would have been amazing as Snoke

ULLRBl9.jpg

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well I think my kids would love that. Maybe it will distract them from Minecraft and the annoying Minecraft YT videos they watch.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
P0VbC4t.jpg

Very mild language on this one:

8PSH7qz.png

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought this was some pretty amazing editing....

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:

Can I 'like' this twice? Both for @"bionicbob" sharing and for the editor?
I imagine that this scene will end up in one or more fanedits. Well done!

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lapis molari said:
bionicbob said:

Can I 'like' this twice? Both for @"bionicbob" sharing and for the editor?
I imagine that this scene will end up in one or more fanedits. Well done!

I wonder if someone could put Ben Solo in as a ghost in this scene. I prefer him fading into the Force with Han on the Death Star and thinking would complete his Vader/Anakin arc to show up here. That video is pretty impressive.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A nice new fan-made feature-length making-of for the 'Shadows of the Empire' 90s multi-media project:

I didn't care for some of the humour but it's mostly pretty professional and well put together. By the way, he didn't mention the 3 AMT/ERTL model kits produced (I had 2 of them).

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What is everyone's opinion of the "High Republic" future content coming in 2021? Basically, new books and comics set in the Age of Republic.

They recently released a "crawl" to set the premise:

STAR WARS
THE HIGH REPUBLIC

The galaxy is at peace, ruled by the glorious REPUBLIC and protected by the noble and wise JEDI KNIGHTS.

As a symbol of all that is good, the Republic is about to launch the STARLIGHT BEACON into the far reaches of the Outer Rim. This new space station will serve as a ray of hope for all to see.

But just as a magnificent renaissance spreads throughout the Republic, so does a frightening new adversary. Now the guardians of peace and justice must face a threat to themselves, the galaxy, and the Force itself...

hothstation

Reaction score
Trophy Points
theryaney said:
What is everyone's opinion of the "High Republic" future content coming in 2021? Basically, new books and comics set in the Age of Republic.

They recently released a "crawl" to set the premise:

STAR WARS
THE HIGH REPUBLIC
The galaxy is at peace, ruled by the glorious REPUBLIC and protected by the noble and wise JEDI KNIGHTS.

As a symbol of all that is good, the Republic is about to launch the STARLIGHT BEACON into the far reaches of the Outer Rim. This new space station will serve as a ray of hope for all to see.

But just as a magnificent renaissance spreads throughout the Republic, so does a frightening new adversary. Now the guardians of peace and justice must face a threat to themselves, the galaxy, and the Force itself...
Did you see the new character artwork versus the original? It appears they at least listened to the fans and made the new characters more appealing.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
theryaney said:

Myself, I'm not too interested in more Jedi lore for the sake of Jedi lore. I'd be most interested in...

A) stories set during the Galactic Civil War, not just a few years before (R1/Cassian Andor/Rebels) or a few years to several decades after (Mandalorian, ST). Is LFL/Disney afraid that if they go to that well, people will lose interest in whatever other periods they try to explore afterward? It's starting to seem that way to me, at least. And, who knows, maybe they're right.

B) Entirely different kinds of stories, such as those of Doctor Aphra, the female space archeologist.

C) But, if we must have Jedi lore, we could do a lot worse than the Old Republic and the heyday of the Sith. Go back to a time without the rule of two, and give us multiple Jedi vs multiple Sith battles.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
theryaney said:

Myself, I'm not too interested in more Jedi lore for the sake of Jedi lore. I'd be most interested in...

A) stories set during the Galactic Civil War, not just a few years before (R1/Cassian Andor/Rebels) or a few years to several decades after (Mandalorian, ST). Is LFL/Disney afraid that if they go to that well, people will lose interest in whatever other periods they try to explore afterward? It's starting to seem that way to me, at least. And, who knows, maybe they're right.

B) Entirely different kinds of stories, such as those of Doctor Aphra, the female space archeologist.

C) But, if we must have Jedi lore, we could do a lot worse than the Old Republic and the heyday of the Sith. Go back to a time without the rule of two, and give us multiple Jedi vs multiple Sith battles.

Honestly I just want good filmmakers to tell new and interesting stories in that galaxy. I don’t care about the timeline. The closest we’ve had was The Last Jedi, a film I didn’t love, but was excited by the prospect of not just putting a new coat of paint on the same tired old product.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is from 5-years ago, so maybe I'm so slow to catching on to this one but the trailer for "Ken Loach's Star Wars" is genius:

(Some swearing is involved) You probably need to be familiar with 'Kes' to get it though.

Top Bottom