• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
OIP.cn0n2WWqAwK9nzaujD1xQwHaEM

Worth quoting in full:  ;)

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't get the ending of Clone Wars. What was up with
the time jump with Vader arriving in the snow, finding her lightsabre, and looking up at the flying creature?

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
I don't get the ending of Clone Wars. What was up with
the time jump with Vader arriving in the snow, finding her lightsabre, and looking up at the flying creature?

It's self-reflective and symbolic I really liked it. I don't know what I was expecting for the finale but I was very satisfied. I think the four episodes are meant to form a kind of movie. An abridged season 7 movie with a barebones Trace/Rafa plot at the beginning intercut with maybe a little Bad Batch or the opening battle of Old Friends Not Forgotten could make for a kick-ass Ahsoka movie.

sch92 said:

I'm very interested in this video, I loved his videos on Kotor 2, Grey Jedi and The Last Jedi

Siliconmaster

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That finale was absolutely fantastic. Looks like there's already someone doing a full inter-cut edit between The Clone Wars finale, Episode III, and the 2003 Clone Wars show. Pretty nuts.

*Link Removed*

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
My kids watched The Coaxium Heist as their Star Wars Day movie.
Hope they enjoyed it!

*How you feel when someone chooses your edit over the original version*
20f286baa5a032ee0398e4f2c5f2c0286a30de21r1-268-160_00.gif

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Siliconmaster said:
That finale was absolutely fantastic. Looks like there's already someone doing a full inter-cut edit between The Clone Wars finale, Episode III, and the 2003 Clone Wars show. Pretty nuts.

*Link Removed*

I've removed the link as it contained a direct link to a download. Also, any edits that are using material from content that has just aired and/or is not available for purchase is not allowed.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Given the abundance of time on my hands I find myself with right now, I thought I might try my hand at a Star Wars edit. This wouldn’t be for release as I know it wouldn’t pass muster to be approved. The only software I have is iMovie so the cuts would be rough. That said, I want to see if I can extend Empire and eliminate Jedi. I’m thinking of trying to have Han die as he’s put into carbonite and eliminate almost everything from Jedi but the Throne Room scenes. I’d have it take place on a Star Destroyer rather than a second Death Star, as Spence did IIRC.

Has anyone done anything like this before, either here or at someplace like OT?

Mods, as I don’t intend this to be a formal edit, I didn’t want to start a formal idea thread, but I will if you prefer it.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
Mods, as I don’t intend this to be a formal edit, I didn’t want to start a formal idea thread, but I will if you prefer it.

Thanks for asking :) . If you're going to post about it a lot, in a way that sidetracks this thread then yeah it would better to start a new thread. If it's just a couple of mentions it's okay. Or you could create an all-purpose "General Star Wars Ideas" thread in the Ideas Forum because unless I'm mistaken, we currently don't have one.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
It's self-reflective and symbolic I really liked it. I don't know what I was expecting for the finale but I was very satisfied. I think the four episodes are meant to form a kind of movie. An abridged season 7 movie with a barebones Trace/Rafa plot at the beginning intercut with maybe a little Bad Batch or the opening battle of Old Friends Not Forgotten could make for a kick-ass Ahsoka movie.

The last arc alone is making me consider trying to make a movie trilogy from the whole show (after I'm done with the Tarkofsky stuff ofc), mainly following Ahsoka as the main character.

I'm very satisfied with how it ended... I just wish we didn't have to wait so long (and through a second, much worse show) to get to this point

Siliconmaster

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
Siliconmaster said:

*Link Removed*

I've removed the link as it contained a direct link to a download. Also, any edits that are using material from content that has just aired and/or is not available for purchase is not allowed.

Ah crap, I thought that was just the description- I avoided a similar post because it definitely had a link. Oh well. I'm sure there will be a new wave of similar edits trying to combine all the new material.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't watched a single SW film in over a year. It'll probably be another 8-18 years before I feel recovered enough to watch one again.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
I haven't watched a single SW film in over a year. It'll probably be another 8-18 years before I feel recovered enough to watch one again.

Sorry to hear that. I recommend The Mandalorian though!

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

empire-7.jpg

The film's 40th anniversary yesterday was as good an excuse as any for my first rewatch in at least a decade, and my first spin of Adywan's Revisited version. Apart from the generally magnificent picture and some subtle CG flourishes on displays, I could barely tell what had been added or changed.

Two things leapt out at me on this viewing. One is the extent to which the movie is a non-stop, rollercoaster-paced thrill ride. The other is that it makes crafting a Star Wars movie look easy. You don't need a Death Star (apart from the opening crawl, it isn't even mentioned!), you don't need a conflicted villain, you don't need scenes (let alone subplots) of Imperial officers bickering and jockeying for power, you don't need to build a whole character out of a Rebel officer, you don't need a sequence of infiltrating an Imperial ship/facility, you don't need to subvert audience expectations again and again (once or twice will do quite nicely), you don't need a meditation on loss, or the meaning of life, and you certainly don't need indestructible, infallible heroes to which everything comes easily. (Yes, a lot of this features in The Last Jedi specifically, but a lot also applies to the ST generally, plus Rogue One.)

Here's what you do need: sexual tension, and lots of it. In order to balance out the grimness of war and constant death, lots of flirting does wonders to bring balance to the For- the film. (For all my issues with the ST's story direction in general, its near-total lack of flirtation is among its biggest faults.) You need throwaway beasties, and perils aplenty. You need wisecracking, great cinematography, and a focused, streamlined story. Just make a fun, lively, fast-paced adventure with believable characters, damn it. Why do only four of eleven movies (the OT plus Solo) manage this?!

Indeed, it's hard to look back on RotJ, for all its strengths, and figure that a fairly easy rewrite could have made Han's rescue a 007-style opening sequence, and built a second act around fomenting a galactic upheaval, leading to a third act in which the basic Endor infiltration/battle is shifted onto Coruscant, with the Emperor living in an ancient castle in a wilderness preserve to keep some degree of a forest setting. Instead of a second Death Star that turns out to be operational, we could have had a defecting Imperial leader and all his troops revealed as a double agent for the Empire all along - except, twist, some of his troops turn out to quite like the idea of defecting, hence a fairer fight than the Emperor imagined. See? Is that really so hard? Doesn't sound like it, right? :p

(Anyhow, watching Empire again, the ST Episode I was most reminded of was... TRoS. Yes, it's a mediocre mess, full of facepalm-inducing moments like lightspeed skipping and the beyond clumsy Force healing of a random snake for zero reason apart to set up the ability, but it's also the fastest-paced of the three, somebody/Poe finally got to flirt with someone, and the Emperor provided an effective, hissable main villain throughout. Of course TRoS doesn't hold a candle to Empire or the OT, but it at least has some vim to it, and the Burning Man festival and occupied town were kinda nifty. So, that's settled: TRoS is the best of a bad bunch.)

Conclusion: all hype aside, Empire is indeed a near-perfect flick. Only a bit too much Threepio prattling in the last third keeps it from being without discernible fault at all.

Grade: A

Top Bottom