• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just wanted to share something that I found amusing, I am sorry about this.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not seeing a 'big sleeve' edition of Rise of Skywalker advertised anywhere. I've got TFA and TLJ on big sleeve. Goddammit Disney I need the third spine for my shelf!

49580402156_e12b23012d_k.jpg

#1stworldproblems

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Breaking news yesterday: Lucasfilm's next big focus for novels and comics is an era henceforth known as "the High Republic," set roughly 200 years before Phantom Menace. They vaguely suggest that a really positive reaction might lead them to build this part of the universe into some movies, but for now it's just a publishing thing:

Some are disappointed that this isn't an announcement about a series of Knights of the Old Republic movies, which some fans have been clamoring for, for a while. My thoughts:

As much as fans think they want a KotOR adaptation, any such adaptation would be filled with compromises. In making long games into a trilogy of 2+ hour movies each, way too much material would have to be cut, and (like "The Hobbit") some new elements would probably get added. The changes would frustrate the very fan base that they're trying to please -- a fan base that's already had too much division as of late. 

The High Republic is basically a different era that's a clean slate for everyone, and therefore least likely to cause anger and push-back. I don't know how good it will be, but from a marketing standpoint, this is the most logical path for Lucasfilm to pursue.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hm...

Untitled.jpg

Well, sure, in the sense that LFL is trying to tell a bold new story in a completely new time period, but they also seem to be half-assing it to a greater degree than Shadows of the Empire in various books and comics, with the real dollars going to The Mandalorian, Cassian Andor, and Obi-Wan Disney+ series, all of which are far more based in the comforting and familiar OT era. We know how two of those three stories end, and whether or not Baby Yoda survives Snoke's/Kylo's/Palps' villainy, he sure doesn't seem likely to do much of consequence before the events of TROS at the earliest.

So, in effect, they're trying to use the contemporary Marvel model of using comics to beta test stories and concepts they might want to really invest in later. They're charging customers to participate on a focus group about products made by a story committee. Meh.

Now, I'm interested in all three of those aforementioned Disney+ series, though I'm worried that if Obi-Wan doesn't leave Tatooine during his show, we'll get some serious SW desert planet overload. And I'm not opposed to sticking with the OT era, either; I'd totally be up for, say, an X-Wing squadron movie set during or immediately after the Galactic Civil War. Nor would I at all mind a Doctor Aphra show/flick.

Bottom line: if LFL wants to publish a new line of interrelated books set in a relatively new time frame, I've certainly no objection. But I'm not interested in new SW books, either. After the mixed reaction to the creative direction of the ST, and the apparent lack of enthusiasm for stories set in that era, maybe a few years of low-key content building before a big, splashy big-screen franchise revival is the wisest possible move. Or maybe the company's just completely rudderless at the top, with no vision on how to move forward, and this is them treading water so Disney doesn't lay them off in the meantime. Maybe it's a bit of both. Who knows?

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jay's utter disinterest in this debate is the finest gold:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Obviously I clicked on this for a quick giggle but ended up really impressed by this editor. They've not only added lightsabers for everybody but rescored, added all the soundFX, plus lighting FX and particle FX for the impacts. If a joke is worth telling, it's worth putting 5-months work in to... :D

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The guy who released his controversial fan-edit of the Last Jedi last year (the one who's not allowed to be mentioned on this site), announced his plans to combine the sequel trilogy into 1 movie. I just hope he does a better job than the Last Jedi.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wilhelm scream said:
The guy who released his controversial fan-edit of the Last Jedi last year (the one who's not allowed to be mentioned on this site), announced his plans to combine the sequel trilogy into 1 movie. I just hope he does a better job than the Last Jedi.

Noot interested

source.gif

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
wilhelm scream said:

I don't think it's his name that was the problem. Besides, it appears you didn't even like his first edit of one movie, why would he do a better job on a harder task of combining three movies? 
wilhelm scream said:
TVs Frink said:
DigModiFicaTion said:
wilhelm scream said:
Ivan Ortega's Last Jedi edit has FINALLY been released. I haven't watched it yet, but I will within the next few days.

Due to his choices that violate our rules, further discussion and promotion of his edit(s) should be moved off site.

There are dumpsters off-site, right?

I have no idea what those mean. But I doubt I'll talk about it again. I watched the edit, and it was pretty disappointing. Your better off with the anti-cringe cut.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I believe the kids these days would classify this as a "sick burn"... :p

Tvat4r3.png

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
wilhelm scream said:

I don't think it's his name that was the problem. 

Correct.

Siliconmaster

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
We've saved the final four episodes of The Clone Wars to watch together today for Star Wars day. I'm excited! A happy day to you all!

Top Bottom