If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

SW - Star Wars
I thought this was pretty good.
[+] 1 user Likes DigModiFicaTion's post
^ 02.15 "TFA does something SW has never done before, it humanizes Stormtroopers"

[Image: 2ClqIUX.gif]

"Yeah, some of the other guys were telling me about it. They say it's… it's quite a thing to see…".

Wink
[+] 2 users Like TM2YC's post
(10-19-2019, 12:15 PM)TM2YC Wrote: ^ 02.15 "TFA does something SW has never done before, it humanizes Stormtroopers"

[Image: 2ClqIUX.gif]

"Yeah, some of the other guys were telling me about it. They say it's… it's quite a thing to see…".

Wink

Never done before? If your only talking about the movies, sure...
Benioff and Weiss have left the trilogy that they were working on.

‘Star Wars’ Setback: ‘Game Of Thrones’ Duo David Benioff & D.B. Weiss Exit Trilogy
Courage, men! we've not sunk before, and we'll not sink now!
[+] 1 user Likes hbenthow's post
(10-29-2019, 12:56 AM)hbenthow Wrote: Benioff and Weiss have left the trilogy that they were working on.

‘Star Wars’ Setback: ‘Game Of Thrones’ Duo David Benioff & D.B. Weiss Exit Trilogy

[Image: WImkBry.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Siliconmaster's post
I'm surprised by this news, but given the revolving door of Lucasfilm writers and directors, I suppose I shouldn't be.

The writers cite schedule conflicts, but I have to wonder if this has something to do with the huge backlash over the GoT final season (and last episode). I haven't seen GoT myself, so I don't have an opinion either way, but I read a lot of fallout from that. I can't say I blame the writers; focusing on their own projects will probably be less likely to incite audience anger and frustration than working on another major franchise.

The first movie in the new series was slated for December of 2022, which means that Lucasfilm will have to hire new talent fast, or that date will have to be cancelled while the company gets its bearing again.

Meanwhile, work on Rian Johnson's proposed trilogy hasn't come to a complete stop, but Johnson has been busy with another film (Knives Out), and negative fan backlash to The Last Jedi suggests that all parties involved might take it slow for fear of more audience fallout.

So, for the first time in several years, there isn't a Star Wars film in production or with a release date (beyond Rise of Skywalker in December). That's fine; I don't mind if the franchise gets a bit of rest, although in this case, a "rest" still means new TV shows on Disney+, as well as new video games, comic books, novels, etc.
(10-30-2019, 01:21 PM)TomH1138 Wrote: So, for the first time in several years, there isn't a Star Wars film in production or with a release date (beyond Rise of Skywalker in December).

[Image: GXI7s.jpg]
"Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be."

Bhagavad Gita 2:12
[+] 2 users Like Duragizer's post
OK, Disney has now made the Han/Greedo scene from the special edition even worse. https://www.movie-censorship.com/news.php?ID=15336
(11-12-2019, 12:15 PM)wilhelm scream Wrote: OK, Disney has now made the Han/Greedo scene from the special edition even worse. https://www.movie-censorship.com/news.php?ID=15336

That's a fake surely. The "new" shot looks suspiciously lower res and like a heavy crop of the earlier shot.
I mean, all things considered, removing the dummy shot and hiding it with a bigger explosion may be the least obnoxious "fix" they've done in years. That being said, why?