• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How did I miss this one. This is pretty fantastic :)

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wish they'd just make the entire saga. These are fantastic. 

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wish they'd just make the entire saga. These are fantastic. 

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Episode 9 trailer. ALRIGHT?!?!? EPISODE 9 TRAILER!
Come on already, you kashyyykian moof milkers, just give us the damn trailer, ect.

...come onnnnnnnn. Aaaarrrgh!

...Camaaaaargue?

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’ve been thinking about Return of the Jedi lately. I’ve been on the “good but not great” opinion for quite some time, but the reasons I give for it not being great, I’m kinda unsure of it. I dunno... Luke’s nonsensical rescue plan, him suddenly being ready to face Vader without further training. Ewoks ruining the tone and pace, tensionless final battle (besides Luke v Vader)... most of these are common criticisms I agreed with, without evaluating them to form my own opinion... I think... I dunno, it’s hard to explain.

I think I’m going to rewatch it to form my perspective. I don’t think my views will change drastically, but at least I will have put it through my lens.

Collipso

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i'm of the opinion that it has bad acting and a bad pacing all throughout (second act is particularly bad) while being unoriginal in certain aspects, too. from a filmmaking standpoint it's also the weakest of the OT by far, leaving me with the taste of disappointment in my mouth. i think there was an article comparing just the lighting of RotJ with TESB and the difference that thst little aspect makes is enormous. 

it's my third favorite film of the saga though, and it has some of the highest highs of the series. also, darthrush's edit improves the movie immensely - you could give it a try.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was told today that the GoT guys’ movie is next up after Ep9. I Googled it and I’m assuming it’s rumor since that’s all that pops up. There’s plenty of articles on the rumor though. They claim it will be set “hundreds of years before the Skywalker Saga. And that it’s “Star Wars meets LotR,” which makes the whole rumor sound fishy to me. Still I hope this part is true:

"Disney wants to open up the Star Wars timeline and appeal to a more Game of Thrones style audience.”

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
Episode 9 trailer. ALRIGHT?!?!? EPISODE 9 TRAILER!
Come on already, you kashyyykian moof milkers, just give us the damn trailer, ect.

...come onnnnnnnn. Aaaarrrgh!

...Camaaaaargue?

Rumors have been circulating for a while now that the release of the trailer will probably be in April during Celebration 2019.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
I was told today that the GoT guys’ movie is next up after Ep9. I Googled it and I’m assuming it’s rumor since that’s all that pops up. There’s plenty of articles on the rumor though. They claim it will be set “hundreds of years before the Skywalker Saga. And that it’s “Star Wars meets LotR,” which makes the whole rumor sound fishy to me. Still I hope this part is true:

"Disney wants to open up the Star Wars timeline and appeal to a more Game of Thrones style audience.”

The last part of the quote is honestly the part that makes me doubt it the most. The implication seems to be that Disney is going to turn the franchise into a heavily R-rated series of movies with tons of nudity and sex and gore. I just don't see them ever doing that. From a business perspective, that seems way too risky.

Yes, Disney did hire the GoT showrunners, but those guys are known for taking an existing property and making people love it even more. That's the talent that Disney is looking for right now. Keep in mind that Disney previously hired the writers of the acclaimed R-rated dystopian thriller Children of Men to write the first Iron Man, a mostly family-friendly, upbeat comedy-adventure, and it worked just fine because the writers knew how to adapt.

The "hundreds of years before" thing seems designed to get everyone worked up into the usual "They're doing Knights of the Old Republic!" frenzy that happens every time any new Star Wars project is announced or given an update. But Disney isn't interested in retelling stories from the EU point-for-point. if anything, I bet the GoT writers are doing their own thing, some of which might contradict KotOR. 

Gosh, this sounds like a downer. I don't actually mean it that way, though. I'm wary of this rumor, but it makes for interesting discussion, and I'm glad you shared the link with us, Moe!

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
To be clear, I know there’s zero chance that Disney will create a hard R Star Wars movie. That’s not how I read the rumor. I believe there’s a chance—although admittedly, it’s probably more wishful thinking—that they will create content that is aimed more at adults. I’m thinking something a bit more adult themed than R1. But there’s as much chance of Disney making a hard R, sex and gore movie as there is in them using their multi-billion dollar franchises as a soapbox for feminism.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Quite fun just scrolling through the comments and checking out some of the time codes on this. :D

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
To be clear, I know there’s zero chance that Disney will create a hard R Star Wars movie. That’s not how I read the rumor. I believe there’s a chance—although admittedly, it’s probably more wishful thinking—that they will create content that is aimed more at adults. I’m thinking something a bit more adult themed than R1. 

Ah, OK. Thanks for clarifying. I wasn't even sure if that's what you meant, but that seems to be a default position that a lot of people take. 

I actually thought R1 was pretty mature and adult-themed, dealing with the costs of war more than a lot of other SW productions.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
vs3v2e5wrpn21.png

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This made me laugh....

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-GPKo8q2Xc[/video]

..oh Lucas, what a naughty boy you are!

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's a pretty lofty claim they made of "fully restored". The original version can be seen here at 8:15 and has been around for a number of years as far as I can remember I'd personally take the original version over this youtuber's interpretation of the scene.

Edit: I suppose I could have embedded the video  :rolleyes: 

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
That's a pretty lofty claim they made of "fully restored". The original version can be seen here at 8:15 and has been around for a number of years as far as I can remember I'd personally take the original version over this youtuber's interpretation of the scene.

Fair enough! I'm not familiar enough with the deleted scenes to tell what's a legitimate find and what isn't. Thanks for directing us to the better version!

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another spectacular short. Give me a thousand of these and then I can make a fanedit  :cool:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Peter Serafinowicz dishes more SW/Darth Maul dirt:

He must be used to being treated this way by Lucasfilm by now.

Top Bottom