• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cosplay (short for costume play) has been described as kind of a performance art. Cosplayers spend tons of hours and money crafting film-authentic pieces, and often attempt to portray the character in their behavior as well. 

Costuming is running down to the store and buying a $30 mask and kit to just go out and have fun.

I was going to link to an article that described it, but the articles I looked at were long-winded and/or a bit snobby about how wonderful cosplaying is. I think both can be fun in their own time and place.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kathleen Kennedy has reportedly confirmed that the planned Boba Fett movie is officially dead.

http://collider.com/boba-fett-movie-cancelled/

It's weird to call this "cancelled," since Lucasfilm never made an official announcement that the project was moving forward on starwars.com. But back in May, when all the news outlets announced that Lucasfilm had brought on director James Mangold (Logan) to develop the project, neither he nor Lucasfilm denied it. (That's similar to the Obi-Wan movie; there was never an official announcement, but the studio didn't squelch the rumors either.)

This news seems very much in line with what's been reported for a few months now, that Kennedy and co. have slowed down production after the lukewarm reception of Solo. (Mind you, "slowing down" still involves work on Ep. IX as well as a live-action series and two animated series.) Despite liking both of the Star Wars Story entries more than anything else released in the last few years, even I agree that it's a good idea to stop and get their bearings again. Focusing on quality over quantity is a step in the right direction. (Not that what Disney has done is terrible, only that franchise fatigue had set in. It's good to give people a chance to get excited about a new Star Wars film again.)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is months old so probably already posted but somehow I missed it.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Looks like Disney is trying to get the younglings into the first 6 Star Wars films.

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
And rightly so, I'd say, @"DigModiFicaTion" !  With a particular highlight on the original three, it appears...

The animation doesn't look bad, if only too childish.  
What is this supposed to be?   A collection of expanded highlight moments from the six originals?  A new collection of untold stories?  Or a bit of both?

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Holy heck, this looks awesome. I love the animation, almost anime esq, which us ironic for Disney considering the Disney style influenced the modern anime style, but I digress.
I presume it's just a bunch of popular scenes animated, and I have no problem with that whatsoever. I'm excited.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
Holy heck, this looks awesome. I love the animation, almost anime esq, which us ironic for Disney considering the Disney style influenced the modern anime style, but I digress.
I presume it's just a bunch of popular scenes animated, and I have no problem with that whatsoever. I'm excited.

Art is a big game of ping pong, where instead of hitting the ball between two players, you change the look of the ball between potentially infinite players. Sometimes it bounces back

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do any of these give away major plot points? My kids still haven’t seen Empire and I’d like to retain the surprise.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
Do any of these give away major plot points? My kids still haven’t seen Empire and I’d like to retain the surprise.

None of the ones so far. There's the Wampa scene from Empire, but other than that I believe they're just A New Hope

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:

The Luke Leia kiss?

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't really understand the point of these. It's just Disney being even more unoriginal with Star Wars (if that were somehow possible).

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
I really like the animation of these. They should just make a tv show out of them. The Rogue One and Wampa shorts are definitely the stuff of nightmares in terms of watching it as a kid...

Yeah I definitely like the animation better than that of the Resistance show.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Teaser trailer for Rise of the Resistance ride:

Breakdown for the Resistance fleet:

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
Info/spoilers on Anakin's origin, for those who care. Link

I don't think he was actually Anakin's father, more like he was the person who caused it to happen by manipulating the force around her so Anakin was more the child of the force.

In the comic this was revealed, this was part of a vision so we don't actually know if it's really true or has it been manipulated or misunderstood in a way.

For a long time this was in legends already, but this is the first time it is shown in Canon.

Top Bottom