• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wkYNKF9.jpg

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:

I don't like laughing at poor Rian Johnson but if even I laugh, then it should be good humor. lol

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SW anime style...

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib_4A2CG2Ag[/video]
:D

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]RIP Gary Kurtz, a producer who worked on "American Graffiti," the original "Star Wars," and "Empire Strikes Back" (but not "Return of the Jedi") for George Lucas.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Their working relationship became strained when Kurtz started questioning some of Lucas' creative decisions. He went on to produce "The Dark Crystal" and "Return to Oz." The lackluster reception for both films sadly started a trend that would plague the rest of his days in Hollywood.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]In the last decade or so, criticism of Lucas' later work led to a newfound appreciation for Kurtz among Star Wars fans for reining in some of Lucas' wilder ideas on the Original Trilogy.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]https://variety.com/2018/film/news/gary-kurtz-dead-dies-star-wars-1202954316/[/font]

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anyone seen the trailer for the new VR “experience” Vader Immortal? Is that JEJ? If so, they’ve got too much modulation on his voice for my tastes, but in that one line h sounds better than he did in R1. I know nothing about VR but it could be a source for alternate Vader dialogue in fan edits.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've seen the first episode of Resistance, and I think it was quite good. Mostly it's just a taster of what's to come, and a good one at that.

I also really like the gorgeous animation style and character design, especially the new alien characters. The humour was okay, of course considering that this is aimed towards kids. Overall, it's a lot of fun. 7.9/10

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was also surprised to like that visual style that much.
I just did not care at all about anything storywise, because there was no story at all. It's indeed 100% exposition and presentation. I'll watch the second episode because there's "Star Wars" in the title but they need to pick my interest, fast.
I know I didn't like Clone Wars at first and then it got better but I'm older now and my patience quickly reaches its limits, lol.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
What’s the difference between “cosplay” and simply dressing up for Halloween? My wife and I went to a Halloween party last night as H.I. and aged from Raising Arizona. Was that cosplay?

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
What’s the difference between “cosplay” and simply dressing up for Halloween? My wife and I went to a Halloween party last night as H.I. and aged from Raising Arizona. Was that cosplay?

I think they may be one and the same, really.  I think it is just a one-word name for it.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't know if there's an official difference but in my mind cosplay is anything that isn't done for Halloween or elementary school. ;)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think it's the same as Comics vs Graphic Novels.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
To me "cosplay" is used more often when you're dressing like a known character. 
At Halloween you can either "dressing up or "cosplay" as Freddy Krueger, but you can't "cosplay" as a random ghost.
I could be totaly wrong here tho.

Next week I'll explain how to make the world better. ;)

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
To me "cosplay" is used more often when you're dressing like a known character. 
At Halloween you can either "dressing up or "cosplay" as Freddy Krueger, but you can't "cosplay" as a random ghost.
I could be totaly wrong here tho.

Next week I'll explain how to make the world better. ;)

Well the knowledge that a ghost can’t be cosplay is making my world a better place.

Top Bottom