• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't remember George Lucas being on The Simpsons but good for him.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I suppose the media interviews concerning Carrie will go like this

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think I'm finally starting to get a little excited for Ep. IX. (Spoilers for TFA and TLJ follow.)

Since Leia's death hadn't been addressed in TLJ, I thought the filmmakers might just write her out in the opening crawl of IX. But knowing that she's going to be in the film with a little bit of previously unseen footage suggests to me that the character might just survive through the end of the saga.

Harrison Ford had always wanted Han to die, and Luke's death fits the rhyming pattern of "Jedi mentor death" established in the earlier movies: Obi-Wan, Yoda, Qui-Gon. But I didn't think I could handle one more legacy character death. This news actually gives me a bit of hope.

At first I wasn't excited about Billy Dee coming back, afraid that he would meet the same fate as Luke and Han. But if they're bringing back Leia...well, anything's possible!

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
I think I'm finally starting to get a little excited for Ep. IX. (Spoilers for TFA and TLJ follow.)

Since Leia's death hadn't been addressed in TLJ, I thought the filmmakers might just write her out in the opening crawl of IX. But knowing that she's going to be in the film with a little bit of previously unseen footage suggests to me that the character might just survive through the end of the saga.

Harrison Ford had always wanted Han to die, and Luke's death fits the rhyming pattern of "Jedi mentor death" established in the earlier movies: Obi-Wan, Yoda, Qui-Gon. But I didn't think I could handle one more legacy character death. This news actually gives me a bit of hope.

At first I wasn't excited about Billy Dee coming back, afraid that he would meet the same fate as Luke and Han. But if they're bringing back Leia...well, anything's possible!

Not to mention Luke's Force ghost. It's highly possible that only Han is going to be "permanently" dead.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/963145-carrie-fisher-last-jedi-footage

It appears there's not just unused TFA footage but also unused TLJ footage. Obviously she's not going to do anything drastic like repair Luke's broken lightsaber and fight Kylo Ren with it, but it seems less likely with two sources of footage that she won't be designated to a single location shouting barely relevant lines the whole film.

Hopefully there's enough to work with. I wonder if the shot from the TFA trailer if her being handed Luke's saber will be used finally, maybe as a flashback to meeting Maz or something, Idk. Maybe that's not just a shot but a whole scene.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm a little late to posting this, but Games Radar posted a fun article about the different viewing possibilities for a Star Wars marathon, including production order, chronological order, and Machete order.

https://www.gamesradar.com/which-or...n-it-isnt-actually-that-obvious/#comment-jump

A few observations:

--Production order made more sense when the movies themselves went mostly chronological from trilogy to trilogy, but with the time jumps of Solo and Rogue One, it might be better to place them after Ep. III and before Force Awakens. There's no story reason (that I'm aware of) for those two movies to be placed in between the sequels. (Alas, I haven't had the time or money to see Solo yet myself, so I'll probably have to wait for home video at this point. But I've been spoiled on several details, and I haven't heard anyone say that Solo must come after Last Jedi for maximum impact.)

--I had heard of Ernst Rinster, but didn't know what it was. Apparently, it's "Machete with Ep. I added in." Good to know!

--While the flashback order sounds kind of fun, I don't think it makes sense to include Solo and not The Phantom Menace since 
from what I've read, Darth Maul appears in Solo.
Nonetheless, most people watching an alternative order have probably seen all the movies already anyway, so it doesn't matter much.

--I haven't heard of alternating order before now, but I kind of like it. In short, do the first movie of each trilogy, then the second, and so on, like this: 

4, 1, 7
5, 2, 8
6, 3, 9

I bet one would find interesting parallels and different shadings of the characters if one used that order. For instance,
no one coming right off of Luke's crushing defeat in Empire would question his behavior in Last Jedi.

--I've never heard of Obi-Wan order, either. One almost thinks they made it up to pad out the article. But, hey, why not?  :)

--Of course, the best orders would include fan edits of the prequels, Adywan's ANH and Empire, and Harmy's Despecialized Return of the Jedi. Part of me wished the article would have mentioned Frink's Ridiculous cuts in one of the lists, but alas, it was not meant to be.  :D

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jesus H Christ!

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The next time I do a marathon will probably be next year before Episode IX. I'll probably just watch the episodes I actually enjoy, with edits of a few of them:
  • Rogue One: Where Rebels Dare
  • Star Wars (Harmy)
  • The Empire Strikes Back (Harmy)
  • Return of the Jedi (Harmy)
  • The Force Awakens (Restructured)
  • The Last Jedi (Recut)

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
The next time I do a marathon will probably be next year before Episode IX. I'll probably just watch the episodes I actually enjoy, with edits of a few of them:
  • Rogue One: Where Rebels Dare
  • Star Wars (Harmy)
  • The Empire Strikes Back (Harmy)
  • Return of the Jedi (Harmy)
  • The Force Awakens (Restructured)
  • The Last Jedi (Recut)
Yep, for me (so far) it would be:

- R1 (Digmodification)
- SW:Revisited
- ESB: Revisited
- RotJ (my own minor edit of Harmy - I hated what they did to Han in this movie)
- TFA: Restructured 
- TLJ: Fallen Jedi

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
katana order:
• the hidden fortress
• rogue one
• episodes 4-7

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Complete and chronological for me:

• Episode I (1977)
  • Episode II (1980) 
  • Episode III (1983)

I've heard rumours of a prequel in the works. George Lucas has complete control, so I'm sure it'll be nothing short of amazing.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
I've heard rumours of a prequel in the works. George Lucas has complete control, so I'm sure it'll be nothing short of amazing.

I'm also super excited. It's probably so perfect, not one fanedit would be attempted.

ImperialFighter

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
I'm a little late to posting this, but Games Radar posted a fun article about the different viewing possibilities for a Star Wars marathon, including production order, chronological order, and Machete order.

https://www.gamesradar.com/which-or...t-actually-that-obvious/#comment-jump[/quote]

Ah yes, the old 'Star Wars Marathon' conundrum.  

Given the ever-expanding roster of movies, I'm always interested to see how others approach this.  Assuming that someone is totally new to the franchise, here's the viewing order I'd suggest to them once the Sequel Trilogy is completed  -

Begin with the 3 Original Trilogy movies no-matter-what (to kick things off with A New Hope's terrific 'mid-adventure' opening, and to preserve all the major character reveals intact)

...then move onto the 3 Prequel Trilogy movies at this point (so they now work as a 'flashback' to earlier events, without ruining any character reveals)

...then finish up this 'Skywalker Saga' with the 3 Sequel Trilogy movies afterwards (and by viewing the middle 'flashback' trilogy beforehand, it allows for a passage of time to go by before continuing the overall storyline with much older characters) 

...and only after this whole 'Skywalker Saga' is over, would they then watch SOLO as a small 'flashback' prequel story...followed by ROGUE ONE as the 'flashback' prequel adventure which finally brings everything full circle...

...before they then rewatch it all in this same order for their NEXT eventual 'Star Wars Marathon'!  (but spread out over several days once again, if they've got any sense)  :p 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As for myself, I'll be using the above viewing order too...except I'd prefer to start off with Adywan's 'Revisited' versions of the OT (once completed), as well as re-edited versions of everything else...and as with SOLO, any future 'standalone' stories or new trilogies can be included after the initial 9-movie 'Skywalker Saga' storyline has been watched first, while always concluding with ROGUE ONE before the whole shebang starts off again the following year. :D   

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The character animations look like that old MTV Spider-Man show. I think I prefer it to the squishy-looking Rebels characters, but most favor the marionette-looking characters of Clone Wars. Also, the backgrounds here look a lot less detailed than either of those shows - a deceptive preview, or are they cutting costs again?

Story-wise, however, I've got no interest in the Disney post-OT era, and I highly doubt this will change that.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I prefer the visual style of Clone Wars, to Rebels. But the animation of the Clone Wars was notoriously wooden. I hope we get more fluid motion in the new season.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks to be geared more towards younger kids. My kids, who are almost six, have never had any interest in Rebels. They may enjoy this. They like BB-8 a lot. Me personally, I have yet to have anything outside of the movies grab my attention.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought Clone Wars was like, "Hey look, fancy Star Wars toys moving and talking!"

And Rebels was like "Hey look, we did something distinctly different from Clone Wars no matter how much worse it looked!"

Top Bottom