• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i've used my whillie for procreation, social intercourse, and urina. . . wait, what are we talking about?

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
Has anyone ever read the original Journal of the Whills treatment? I’ve never been able to bring myself to read it. Does it have even the idea of midichlorians in it? Or is the Force merely a mysterious thing like in the original trilogy?

Never read it myself either but I never heard anything about who were those "Whills" from that "journal" until the sixth season of Clones Wars.
For decades I always made own little story that the Whills were a family of historians who wrote about events of the galaxy, lol.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The craziest part is that Lucas keeps saying he "never got to tell" those stories, as if someone has been stopping him. 

Um, George, you do remember selling the company on purpose, right? No one broke into your house in the middle of the night and stole Star Wars from you. Lean up against those bags of money (about 4 billion) and see if you can recall where it all went. 

And you do remember repeatedly saying you didn't want to make any more SW movies, right?

I guess he's grumpy that Disney didn't use his treatments, but if he really wanted them to do "Rise of the Midichlorians," I can see why they passed.

All teasing aside, I still have a lot of respect for him. But sometimes he says things that just bewilder me.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
excellent. awaiting the german leadership's decision to side with the first order or the resistance.

(and. . . the youtube poster is an amateur when it comes to exclamation marks.)

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
tumblr_npd4vr4oFm1td76uao1_500.jpg

slekyr

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I need more money so I can afford to buy such things
C5Jp.gif

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Random thought...

If you remember watching the '97 SE VHS tapes you'll know they all started with this humble mantra:

"In 1977, producer/director George Lucas created the Star Wars Trilogy, and changed the way we look at movies."

Lucas only directing the first film and technically Producing none of them, were obviously small unimportant details. In retrospect, we all should have taken the hint that perhaps GL might not be as receptive to creative input as he once was and lowered our expectations for The Phantom Menace.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love that voice over, I watched those tapes over and over and that voice is tattooed onto my brain. If I ever happen to read "star wars trilogy" somewhere, it is read with that guys voice.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ thereby leaving victims with solo hands.

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Clone Wars series is getting 12 new episodes to finish it off. (Would add the online trailer but I’m on my phone at work. Anyone want to post it below? Cheers.)

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
... Go home, Star Wars; you're drunk. :p

slekyr

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I disagree with both of you.  As a fan of the show I think the trailer looks good and I am also excited to see it's return.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My initial reaction was, "Why?" But after seeing the crowd at SDCC explode with enthusiasm, I think I get it now. This will probably go a long way towards rebuilding many fans' trust in Disney's guiding of the franchise. (I wasn't really upset with them, and this news gets a shrug from me, but kudos to them for realizing they could deliver something that fans were clamoring for.)

I wondered if it was smart for Disney to compete against itself with this airing at the same time as Resistance, but when I found out this was a one-off, 12-episode final season to help launch the streaming service, it made a lot more sense.

Here's one thing I still have to wonder about, though (spoilers for Clone Wars and Rebels ahead):

I haven't followed the shows very heavily, but I know that Ashoka leaves near the end of TCW, and then she confronts Anakin/Vader in Rebels. Doesn't having her come back again in between that time kind of lessen the impact of the storylines in both of those shows? 

This is a genuine question. Someone who follows the shows closer than I do can probably answer that.

Top Bottom