• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Zamros said:
I dunno, I always imagined Chirrut having a yellow saber.

Casual racism for the win.

Come on, there is a difference when you make a joke that even the target of the joke can find funny and a joke that is truely meant to arm someone or a type of population. 
Love you Neg but calling racism things like that is not making things better. It's making people frightened of what they could say or not, that's all. Some will say that's it good. I don't.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i'd prefer attenborough's voice: "as the mother returns from the sea, her belly full with her marine catch, the baby porg awakens."

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
Neglify said:
Zamros said:

Come on, there is a difference when you make a joke that even the target of the joke can find funny and a joke that is truely meant to arm someone or a type of population. 
Love you Neg but calling racism things like that is not making things better. It's making people frightened of what they could say or not, that's all. Some will say that's it good. I don't.

Sorry if I was unclear. I'm the casually racist one.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Zamros said:

Honestly, the connection never occurred to me. I was thinking more of Bastila (Knights of the Old Republic), and that Chirrut seems more like a force monk than an actual Jedi, so the standard blue/green wasn't something I think Chirrut would use.

But I see your point, will try to be more mindful of that.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
Honestly, the connection never occurred to me. I was thinking more of Bastila (Knights of the Old Republic), and that Chirrut seems more like a force monk than an actual Jedi, so the standard blue/green wasn't something I think Chirrut would use. 

According to KotOR though, Yellow is the color of the Jedi Sentinel and is as regular as blue/green, though it looks like the yellow and the classification of the colors goes extinct after four thousand years.

Perhaps bronze, silver, or cyan? Would be unique. I vote silver.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:

It's one thing to say something cynically, but another to say that someone is racist based on a fictional story with multi colored lightsabers. Come on people....did anyone have an issue with Windu's purple saber?

Zamros, glad to see that there is someone with pure and nerdifiable intentions.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
According to KotOR though, Yellow is the color of the Jedi Sentinel and is as regular as blue/green, though it looks like the yellow and the classification of the colors goes extinct after four thousand years.

Perhaps bronze, silver, or cyan? Would be unique. I vote silver.

Indeed, I was aware since I was referencing a Jedi's lightsaber ;P

Yellow may not be the best choice, in hindsight, as its used by those who patrol the galaxy. A silver one (symbolising balance, used by Asoka) may be a better option for Chirrut.

But as blue represents protection, I'm not sure it fits him. He's not exactly protecting anything. Even green (represents peace) would be a better choice for Chirrut.

Bronze would imply he's particularly skilled with the force, which he isn't by any metric. Silver is deffo the best choice for Chirrut imo

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
I was the racist, not Zamros. And my bad for that.

In fact no one was racist.
First I thought zamros made a joke about the color of an actor's skin because you underligned the word yellow in your quote of him.
So it's you who sort of made the joke, not him, but in the end it's not a joke made to arm anyone. This is the sort of joke that anyone with some sens of humor can find funny including asian people. Laughing with our differences is not laughing at our differences. At least to me.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
theryaney said:
Anyone else notice that Snoke placed the lightsaber very closely to the way Palpatine did?

That made me make this:

artboard-copy-114.png

artboard-copy-115.png

And someone turned that into a video:

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Regarding Chirrut's hypothetical lightsaber color: I think it should be infrared or some other hue outside the visible spectrum.  This isn't a blindness/disability joke, roll with me.  It'd disorient his enemies, making them unable to visually locate the exact length and position of his blade.  But with his hearing (and Miralukan Force senses, I insist!) - he'd handle it exactly as well as one with a visible blade.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
matrixgrindhouse said:
Regarding Chirrut's hypothetical lightsaber color: I think it should be infrared or some other hue outside the visible spectrum.  This isn't a blindness/disability joke, roll with me.  It'd disorient his enemies, making them unable to visually locate the exact length and position of his blade.  But with his hearing (and Miralukan Force senses, I insist!) - he'd handle it exactly as well as one with a visible blade.

So you'd just add saber sounds and call it good?

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Psha, IF lightsabers are for noobs.

Ultraviolet Sabers ftw!

Top Bottom