• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
First I see it's approved for "immature audiences" and then the first scene is Kylo taking a leak.

Yeah, no thanks.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Took these here pics at a Google holiday party in SF:

ICET-_AT_1.jpg

ICET-_AT_2.jpg

ICET-_AT_3.jpg

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm surprised to see so many people not looking forward to the Han Solo movie.

After three movies from the Disney regime, I'm starting to understand their strategy/viewpoint better. The sequel trilogy (by necessity) has the pressure of figuring out where to take the saga next, and as such, I sit there with a knot in my stomach the whole time during the first viewing of each: "Please don't get this wrong, Disney. Please don't mess up my favorite characters." The standalone movies have no such pressure. They can just relax and be fun popcorn movies. That's what the originals felt like to me, and so far Rogue One captures that feeling the best by far.

Granted, I think that Lord and Miller would have turned in a Han Solo movie with much more personality, but I don't think Oscar-winning Ron Howard is going to do a bad job. If he can turn in something as entertaining as Willow, I think I'll enjoy it. 

I do agree that the last thing we need is a Boba Fett movie or the rumored Jabba the Hutt movie. All of these characters move in the exact same sphere; three movies of that would be redundant. Why not have Boba Fett and Jabba in this movie? That would set up their interactions in the OT very well. But all reports indicate that isn't the case.

Oh, well. To each his or her own!

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
 The standalone movies have no such pressure. They can just relax and be fun popcorn movies. That's what the originals felt like to me, and so far Rogue One captures that feeling the best by far.

I started watching (a) Rogue One (edit) yesterday and automatically had that Star Wars feeling. That movie is so good. I'd love to see Edwards get another crack at a Star Wars film. I found myself wishing that Jyn and company could have made it off of Scarif so we could see Rogue One in parallel action during ESB and RotJ. They could have showed them escaping from Hoth and some mission that followed the Rebellion storyline while the heroes were off doing their thing. Then they could have been the team that helped the Bothans steal information for the DS2. I loved that it was a story driven by non-force-sensitive individuals. Sure there was Chirrut, but he was the bridge between Jedi and normal everyday people. Would have loved to have alternate angles of our favorite stories or lead ups to them like we had in R1.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think Adywan did a good job in making that more exciting. Adding music I'm on the fence about; didn't like Obi-Wan being first to ignite.

LeonVIII

Reaction score
Trophy Points
 That scene preview showed up on my feed in youtube. Man it should totally be a scene (with creators permission of course) that is put into many edits. i know that that fight was not about flippy prequelness acrobatic and the point was obi wan sacrificing himself to the force to guide luke. Also I enjoy the way adywan reorganizes/speeds up the scene, dont even mind obi wan igniting his lightsaber first to be honest. ....but man this edit is amazing

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And it has  ;)

*Threads merged*

Also, videos from YouTube and other video hosting sites can be embedded using the video embed tool located next to the smiley icon.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Solemn.Philosopher said:
This isn't my project, but I thought you guys might find this interesting:

Please note, the special projects thread is for approved editors and edits.

See below.
DigModiFicaTion said:
See (here)

*Threads merged*

Also, videos from YouTube and other video hosting sites can be embedded using the video embed tool located next to the smiley icon.

In other news, thought this looked neat.
jnxfplr8ew501.jpg

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
gazza said:
chirrut using a lightsaber during tfa

Rogue one  ;)
That was pretty good. Perhaps if they added burn marks to the stormtroopers I'd think about adding this to RotR.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i'd definitely watch a BBC documentary on porgs—their habitat, mating habits, problem-solving skills, food sources, care of their young, and interaction with the documentary crew.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
gazza said:
chirrut using a lightsaber during tfa

Rogue one  ;)
That was pretty good. Perhaps if they added burn marks to the stormtroopers I'd think about adding this to RotR.

I dunno, I always imagined Chirrut having a yellow saber. He doesn't seem like the traditional Jedi blue type.

ssj said:
i'd definitely watch a BBC documentary on porgs—their habitat, mating habits, problem-solving skills, food sources, care of their young, and interaction with the documentary crew.

*david attenborough voice*

Here we are in Ireland, the sole habitat of one most rare and wondrous creature: the porg. This flying mammal has secluded itself on its UNESCO protected island chain, so that it may be safe from predators.

*millenium falcon lands*

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
I dunno, I always imagined Chirrut having a yellow saber. He doesn't seem like the traditional Jedi blue type.

I'm thinking a white blade, but with a shorter blade end. I'd explain it by saying it was a temple guard's weapon.

Zamros said:
*david attenborough voice* 

I'd rather hear it in ssj's voice ;)

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
I started watching (a) Rogue One (edit) yesterday and automatically had that Star Wars feeling. That movie is so good. ... I found myself wishing that Jyn and company could have made it off of Scarif so we could see Rogue One in parallel action during ESB and RotJ. 

Yay! Another Rogue One fan!  :D

I'm glad that R1 ended the way it did. As I was just saying to someone on Facebook why most of the cast couldn't just survive: Because that adds so much more emotional impact to the destructive power of the Death Star. When Alderaan blows up in A New Hope, it doesn't mean very much, because we've never met any of the people who died.

I've watched A New Hope since watching R1, and it's so much more exciting and satisfying when Luke blows up the Death Star, ending its reign of terror.

If most of the cast had survived, the unintentional implication would be that weapons of mass destruction are not that big a deal. 

Having said all that, I do like the idea of parallel sequels! One of the Narnia books takes place during the events of a different one, and the Dark Forces / Jedi Knight  video games run parallel to the events of the OT, if I remember correctly.

Top Bottom