• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After watching the Last Jedi, anyone else feeling worried about the Han Solo movie? I mean, in Star Wars Legends (which is much better than the Disney canon by the way), there was 6 books covering Han Solo's backstory. I wonder if this means the film will be rushed.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wilhelm scream said:
After watching the Last Jedi, anyone else feeling worried about the Han Solo movie? I mean, in Star Wars Legends (which is much better than the Disney canon by the way), there was 6 books covering Han Solo's backstory. I wonder if this means the film will be rushed.

I've never had any hope for the Han Solo movie. It's already had production problems with one director being fired and another hired.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wilhelm scream said:

1- I loved The Last Jedi but it does not mean I'm super confident about the Solo movie.

2- But rushed because of what? We're gonna have a movie with a young Han Solo that's it. The fact there are plenty of "Legends" books about Han Solo does not interfere with anything. I'm not even sure we're gonna have a "backstory" in an "Indiana Jones and the Last crusade" opening scene sens. I'm just waiting for an entertaining SW movie with Han Solo.
You have to let the Legends be legends. It's like when in France we went from our old money, the franc, to using Euros. There are still people counting in francs TODAY even if it's useless.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wilhelm scream said:

Well apparently Ron Howard "praised the Last Jedi", either genuinely or contractually which ills or thrills you depending on personal reactions to TLJ.
https://screenrant.com/star-wars-last-jedi-ron-howard-reaction/

Here the Solo movie is being called a
"caper & gangster" movie.
https://screenrant.com/han-solo-caper-gangster-movie/

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I care more about the ST because it's a trilogy (Ric Olie TM) and if I hate one it will affect more than one movie...and it's a continuation of the OT story.

Han Solo movie?  If I like it, great, if I don't, so what?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ I mostly agree. Plus, I never thought the Han Solo movie was a great idea, and it seemed to always have issues. I'm expecting it to suck. If it does, I won't lose any sleep.

In fact, Solo tanking might be a nice wake up call in regards to what they're planning for the one-off films. I really really REALLY  don't want them to make a Boba Fett movie.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
^ I mostly agree. Plus, I never thought the Han Solo movie was a great idea, and it seemed to always have issues. I'm expecting it to suck. If it does, I won't lose any sleep.

In fact, Solo tanking might be a nice wake up call in regards to what they're planning for the one-off films. I really really REALLY  don't want them to make a Boba Fett movie.

I really like Rogue One, but am not optimistic about Solo. Rogue One is a story that didn’t need to be told, but at least it was a good ride.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Agree. Rogue One was awesome. It had two things working in it's favor: 

1) it could involve all new characters.
2) Gareth Edwards.

I see little good coming from Solo, and zero good coming from Fett.

But maybe going into Solo like that will be a good mindset, and I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Agree. Rogue One was awesome. It had two things working in it's favor: 

1) it could involve all new characters.
2) Gareth Edwards.

3) it gave the SW universe some shades of grey. Expanding on that was one of the things I really liked about TLJ too.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Best Lego Star Wars short I've ever seen. HISHE continues to bring awesome content.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
^Mostly by Brotherhood Workshop by the looks of it

Right you are sir.
Brotherhood Workshop and How It Should Have Ended team up again for Kevin Ulrich's epic brickfilm "Chirrut Vs. Everything".  An incredibly action packed stop motion short where Chirrut takes on well... everything.   Originally made for the SXSW 2017 Video Game Awards as a 2 minute short which ended with Chirrut bowing saying "I am one with the force".  But Kevin still wanted more for his fight sequence, so he extended the battle 2 more extra minutes to complete his LEGO masterpiece.  This is the full length version.   Enjoy!

Here's a resource for creating font accurate titles: https://fontmeme.com/the-last-jedi-font/

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Episode IX title released!
ZT8hrXO.png

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points

contain mild spoilers and really funny scenes..i hope you enjoy