• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
do you think in future movies we will see other wookies than chewbacca? i know that when we saw Chancellor Palpatine issue Order 66 to the clones we saw the battle of Kashyyyk, which as you know is the the homeworld of the Wookies. 
 In the novels the empire saw anyone who sided with the jedi were enemies of the empire were to be enslaved. wookies were  used them in mining colonies.which would explain why on multiple times the empire comes across chewbacca in the original trilogy  they always tried to detain him rather than kill on sight. 

any thoughts?

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
gazza said:
do you think in future movies we will see other wookies than chewbacca?

Making a wookie movie would be a hairy venture for Disney. They'll most likely keep him as is and get their cash from products and merchandising.

Loreal-Funny-Chewbacca.jpg

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i want to see a star wars movie set in japan.

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:

samu.jpg

bandai has a range of star wars reimagined figures out but i agree that a star wars movie set in japan (bamboo jungles,rich green colors,honourable duels)would look beautiful on a large screen if done right and tastefully

star-wars-force-awakens-feudal-japan-thumb.jpg

kylo, rey, finn, cpt phasma re imaginained

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:

Kubo-and-the-Two-Strings-sword-armor.jpg

Just imagine Kubu has a lightsaber instead of a Katana and you're pretty much there. Judging by this...

FqIRvHc.jpg

...I'm not the first to have thunk it.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I could not not think of Star Wars while watching Kubo. The Force is strong with that film.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:

You should Star Wars-ify the Zatoichi movies like your Hidden Fortress edit. Adding new subtitles, William's scores and mystical glows to his blades.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
You should Star Wars-ify the Zatoichi movies like your Hidden Fortress edit. Adding new subtitles, William's scores and mystical glows to his blades.

methinks that would make a great DMF edit. :)

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
star wars thought of the day:

do you think anankin would have stayed on the side of the jedi and under the guidance of obi kenobi if the jedi council would have granted him the position of master or do you think it was inevitable .
 do you think there was a better way they could have portayed his turn to the darkside(he could have manipulated clone troopers during the order66 takeover then watched as they killed the younglings rather than him doing the killing to me it made more sense)

any thoughts?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
gazza said:
do you think there was a better way they could have portayed his turn to the darkside

Pretty much any way would have been better.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
gazza said:
star wars thought of the day:

do you think anankin would have stayed on the side of the jedi and under the guidance of obi kenobi if the jedi council would have granted him the position of master or do you think it was inevitable .

No. The fact he craved that position was unbecoming of a Jedi. If he'd achieved this highest rank he desired so much, Anakin would likely think "What now?" and continued in his quest for power.

The difference between Anakin and the council is stark. None of them wanted their positions, they earned it. Anakin wanted his position, and actively strived to earn it.

Luke "wanted to learn the ways of the force and become a jedi"

Anakin "wanted to become a jedi and learn the ways of the force"

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tumblr_o0oi4dLpSo1rm4grxo1_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_o0oi4dLpSo1rm4grxo2_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_o0oi4dLpSo1rm4grxo3_r1_500.jpg

Shows the relationship of Ben and Chewie, and solves a "plot hole" too. Cute.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't consider that a plot hole.  Still cute though.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fantastic little documentary about the editing process for ANH.  I wasn't aware of a lot of this - some of it was really eye-opening.  The changes to the structure of the film really do elevate what could have been a mess.  The alterations to the finale are mind-blowing.

Top Bottom