• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, the R2 stamp is from Revenge of the Sith (Anakin & Obi-Wan’s ship from Coruscant, same view of R2 flying over fire...)

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If possible, please report them to the owners of the site where it is being sold (ebay etc).
[/quote]

i agree, editors can spend months,even years perfecting their version of a edit only to have someone who has no love for the source material to try and cash in and take credit just so they can profit from it. Editors put in the time because they want to share their vision of a certain movie not for profit.
 Its this type of behaviour which can cause faneditors to stop editing

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
TomH1138 said:
On a Facebook thread on ComicBook.com, I happened to mention the Despecialized Editions, and someone else shared a link to a page where someone is selling the Despecialized Editions on Blu-ray.

If possible, please report them to the owners of the site where it is being sold (ebay etc).

The seller had set up his/her own unique site. They weren't using eBay or anything like that 

Nonetheless, if someone knows another place I can report them, I'm happy to do so.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Whoa. Here's a surprising bit of news: Lucasfilm is going to let Rian Johnson spearhead a brand-new Star Wars trilogy.

http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-j...last-jedi-to-create-all-new-star-wars-trilogy

My gut reaction is: Shouldn't Lucasfilm wait to see what audiences' reaction is to TLJ before letting Johnson take control of such a huge chunk of the franchise?

Still, I like the fact that it'll explore new areas instead of rehashing the Skywalker/Solo family problems.

Despite my reservations, I do plan to keep an open mind.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
My gut reaction is: Shouldn't Lucasfilm wait to see what audiences' reaction is to TLJ before letting Johnson take control of such a huge chunk of the franchise?

Lucasfilm is clearly looking towards the DC-EU as their operating model.

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
TomH1138 said:

Lucasfilm is clearly looking towards the DC-EU as their operating model.

i think disney are looking at the fact that people are once again excited to watch star wars since the prequels.they are making more money since last jedi is getting such positive feedback from the public.. also i loved in the weblink the quote " no porgs were available for comment"

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
As long as the trilogy is a spin off of sorts, I cannot wait.  No more episodes is the way to go, in my honest opinion.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Canon Editor said:
As long as the trilogy is a spin off of sorts, I cannot wait.  No more episodes is the way to go, in my honest opinion.

Depending on how ends Episode 9, I could see a  "10 11 12" trilogy happening, but I would prefer something else before, right. Let the surviving characters be older, come back in ten years or more and give us something completely new in between.
My perfect plan after Ep 9 would be:

- One year off without Star Wars between each following movies.  (won't happen but it's MY plan!)

- A single standalone movie with Ewan as Obi-Wan (with little digital make up to make him look a bit more like Alec Guiness? I'm not asking for this, but you know it's something Lucasfilm will think about...!). And I'm not even saying that it should be a "Obi-Wan movie", but make Ewan/Obi-wan part of it. Keep the lightsabers to a minimum. No Vader confrontation before episode 4. Just a good story with Obi-Wan in a role that is more than a cameo. 

- The Ryan Johnson trilogy, preferably being set in some sort of "Old republic" kind of era to create something new out of Star Wars.

- A stand alone movie with Sebastian Stan in the role of Luke (Stan would be 44 according to my plan), set between Episode 6 and 7.

- Start a new "Episodes" trilogy with Rey and co if the right idea is there.
If not then don't make new Star Wars until you have something good. It should be the rule number one instead this stupid "release one movie per year".

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Everyone seems to assume an Obi-Wan movie would be set between episodes 3 and 4, but I don't think an Obi-Wan movie set in the Clone Wars would be a bad idea. I know people, myself included, loathe the prequels but a good Obi-Wan story set during that time could be amazing. Ewan is in good shape and I don't think age would be an issue.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think an Obi Wan movie during any time period is a horrible idea.

I also hate everything associated with the Clone Wars, so do not want.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
I think an Obi Wan movie during any time period is a horrible idea.

I also hate everything associated with the Clone Wars, so do not want.

Can you elaborate? I thought Ewan was one of the only positives of the PT. Though I agree that everything that has been presented so far with the Clone Wars has sucked, a great story could surely be made about Obi Wan in his prime. I also would really like to see the Clone Wars rehabilitated, as it were. I think we all imagined something so cool since first hearing the term in 1977. It's a shame more cool stuff hasn't been done with it.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ewan's performance wasn't that great in the PT. I don't really fault him for this though - overall, he is an excellent actor. But Lucas was a terrible director, and it was painfully obvious by EVERYONE's performance.

Beyond that, I just don't think there is anything interesting worth exploring with the Obi-Wan character, especially with the PT as canon. You basically have three options:

1) a very young Obi-Wan, who is discovered or taught by Qui-Gon. *LOUD SIGHING* Do we really need this back-story? Qui-Gon's character was even more poorly written/acted. This is just fan-wank backstory that doesn't add anything to the lore.

2) The Clone Wars. No. Just No. Absofuckinglutely not.

3) Obi-Wan in solitude on Tatooine. What is there to tell here? If we are to believe that he actually successfully kept himself hidden, then he interacted with very few people. We don't need to watch Obi-Wan talking to a soccer ball or playing parcheesi with himself.

No. Nothing good can come from an Obi-Wan movie. It's just unnecessary fan-wank back$tory.  Move along. Explore new characters/timelines. Move. Along.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I want to watch an Old Obi-Wan movie.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If Disney makes a movie where Obi-Wan falls asleep in his La-z-boy watching the Price Is Right, I'll probably buy a ticket.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i want to watch a movie about how obi-wan spends his time as a force ghost. traveling through planetary cores, playing tricks on mortals, watching ewoks have sex, etc.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I somewhat agree with @"ThrowgnCpr", though I’m not completely against the idea if it has to happen, unlike the Han Solo movie.

I think it’s interesting to see the bridge between 3 & 4, how he watched over and protected Luke, learned how Vader is still alive (not that I want a confrontation), how he got over the immense guilt he had over his failure of training Anakin. Is it necessary? Of course not. But if it happens, I think there are interesting things to explore.

Btw why don’t people like Qui-Gon (other than the possibly poor performance and that it contradicts Episode V), I think his being a calm, independent, patient and great father figure for both Obi-Wan and also Anakin was done well. I think he was likable. Can someone explain please?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
2) The Clone Wars. No. Just No. Absofuckinglutely not.

I'd love to see a good Clone Wars movie because we never really saw any of the Clone Wars and what we did see was bad. The chances of setting a movie in that era (as defined in the PT) and making it good is slim. They'd have to engineer a plot where Ben (who is called Ben, for one thing) never visits the other boring space-monks and for some reason acts in a "wreckless" way (the way he should act).

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hope Rian does an X-Wing series, or just anything without lightsabers.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Nothing good can come from an Obi-Wan movie. It's just unnecessary fan-wank back$tory.  Move along. Explore new characters/timelines. Move. Along.

I'd really like to see Ewan one more time in a good Star Wars movie. I agree with you though that a movie completely centered around Obi-Wan only "because the name would sell ticket" would not result in anything great. Unless they can come with an amazing idea, but i'm like you: even if I liked the Clone Wars stories more than you, I feel everything as been told, and the "Tatooine years" should not be filed with excitement and adventures, but more spent in an hermit kind of life.

That's why I'm proposing a movie that would not be a "Obi-Wan story" but with Obi-Wan being a part of someone else's story. That's what Episode 4 is after all.
if you can integrate Ewan in someone else's story and make it a good story with a different angle (like a "Logan" sort of movie, for a lack of better example), then the fan boys would get their Obi-Wan and you would get your different kind of movie.

Plus I guess the Johnson trilogy will be set in a new era with 99% new characters, so I suppose Lucasfilm would still want to release Star Wars movies with known characters outside of this new trilogy. And out of all the known characters that Lucasfilm could chose to make movies, Obi-Wan and a middle aged Luke are the only real ones that I would honestly be interested in seeing a movie with.
Maybe a Plagueis / Palpatine movie would be nice too... but it's probably more book material, or TV Series. (or maybe that's what the Johnson's trilogy would be about after all...?)

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just recycle Logan beat for beat, but swap it out with Star Wars characters and the force.

Boom. Obi Wan standalone.

Top Bottom