• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Zamros said:
gazza said:
star wars force awakens broken down

I clicked to a random point in the video and saw a picture of Abrams while this guy says "Jew Jew Binks"...
Yeah, I'm not going to put myself through watching that.

Just checked and that is rapidly followed by racism and then sexism. The guy also changed Jar Jar to stepping in a pile of "Icky icky Jew". Video deleted and video reported to youtube.

You are on thin ice @"gazza". Posting hateful content like this might be deemed okay in many dark corners of the web but not here. We will decide if further action needs to be taken and I'm sure it will be.

Thanks for the spotting that Zamros.

first of all can i apologise i did not realize the video i posted contained racist,sexist and ant-ireligous undetones, i was sent the video by someone who told me to check out what this man what saying about miss ryley's facial expressions. i zoned out after that(no excuse i know )thank you for pulling it as i wouldnt want anyone to think i agreed with any of the beliefs that were stated(i re watched and frankly i was shocked but you pulled it before i was able to) anyone who has spoken to me on here know that i only try to help out when i can and post funny and upbeat post and be polite to everyone i speak to and never post anything which includes religion,odjectifying women,politics.

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not trying to put you through a hard time, gazza, but implicitly objectifying women in the phrase: “religion, women, politics” does not exactly help you out.  
On my part, apologies accepted.  Back to Star Wars Geek World, I guess?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
With a fresh page, let's have no more discussion of the recent offensive video @"gazza" posted please. He has apologised and been issued a warning.

@"Zamros" I know you were trying to counter the offensive comments in that youtube video, with your own response video links but we don't want this thread descending into a political free-for-all, instead of a Star Wars discussion thread. So your two videos have been removed too (even if they were good natured ones). Thanks.

Back to the topic of Star Wars.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
saBvdUhNa40z9_ftdspInVvWkQ9mPW6Qjk1woeCq9f4.gif

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love that this thread is basically just Star Wars memes.

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
star-wars-full-set.jpg

new royal mail stamp set celebrating star wars last jedi (released october 12 )

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
He's not just flying - he's fighting!  With fire!

giphy.gif

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
skyled said:
But why the flying R2-D2?

That was exactly my first thought. Why couldn't they put him hacking or electrocuting an ewok?

TkH9j.gif

There's always this iconic scene
untitled-11.gif

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The stamps are for last jedi so i guess r2d2 must do a lot of flying in the movie

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
gazza said:
The stamps are for last jedi so i guess r2d2 must do a lot of flying in the movie

Ja-Ja-Binks.jpg

Please no.

Also, K2SO is most definitely not in TLJ.

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
http://fortune.com/2017/09/05/star-wars-stamps-the-last-jedi/

a set of eight special Star Wars stamps featuring some classic characters from the massively popular movie franchise, including Chewbacca, R2-D2, and C-3PO, as well as newer faces like The Force Awakens‘ Maz Kanata, BB-8, and Porgs, U.K. artist Malcolm Tween created special scenes for each stamp that feature a character along with notable spaceships or vehicles from the movies. (Think: the Millennium Falcon, Tie Fighters, and the Death Star.)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Yes that's what we are already discussing @"gazza" ;) .

Me watching TLJ...

UF1vQAB.gif

...if R2 flys, or Luke is a Sith :D .

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If R2 flies, I hope there's at least a small bit of throwaway dialogue to explain why he never flew in the OT ("Glad we finally got that fixed," or something).

But I hope that -- despite the apparent TLJ focus on the stamps -- that this is just a random scene from one of the other movies, and not indicative of the films' content.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
On a Facebook thread on ComicBook.com, I happened to mention the Despecialized Editions, and someone else shared a link to a page where someone is selling the Despecialized Editions on Blu-ray.

For those that have legally purchased the films, the Despecialized Editions are available for free to download. And yet some jerk who neither made the films, own the rights, or even completed the Despecialized cuts is charging people for discs. 

He also put a bunch of fan commentaries on there as special features, but I doubt he made any of those himself, either, or bothered to get permission from the fans who made them.

Basically, the guy owns a DVD burner and a nice color printer. And for this, he wants to charge people $45 for a regular edition, and $60 for a deluxe edition!

I can at least understand how bootleggers filled a niche back in the pre-YouTube days when there was no other way to get the content that the studios weren't releasing. But in this day and age, when you can view or download things like this for free, why would you pay someone $60 for this? 

I'm not including the link so as not to tempt anyone. Anyway, those are my thoughts.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
On a Facebook thread on ComicBook.com, I happened to mention the Despecialized Editions, and someone else shared a link to a page where someone is selling the Despecialized Editions on Blu-ray.

If possible, please report them to the owners of the site where it is being sold (ebay etc).

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
In my world R2 doesn't fly and Yoda doesn't own a lightsaber.

To me, it looks as though only the Snoke and porg stamps have anything to do with TLJ.

Top Bottom