• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
My biggest issue with this news is all the complaining that is incoming.

I'll be he first to complain! That site is unreadable on a mobile due to all the pop ups and redirects. Regarding the actual news, I'm ambivalent. Seems a safe choice. It won't be horrible and I hope it's great. I think he has great in him. And I didn't love TFA. I'm most concerned about the the rewrite. The writer of Justice League!? Really!?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
TVs Frink said:
My biggest issue with this news is all the complaining that is incoming.

I'll be he first to complain! That site is unreadable on a mobile due to all the pop ups and redirects.

2jZM1w4.gif

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good times  :) . With JJ you know two things...

1. If he's given a great script/story it'll be brilliant guaranteed. Even with bad scripts (e.g. STID) JJ can make it exciting and emotional to watch. Bad isn't a possibility IMO. Where as another Director might take a decent story and ruin it.

2. He is the one guy with enough clout that Lucasfilm/Disney probably aren't going to interfere with his movie in post.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
No big surprise here, but the release date has been pushed to December. And, according to Deadline, Johnson was the first choice but he declined. That bodes well for TLJ (I hope).

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ewoks blinking at lens flares or I'm boycotting.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not sure where to stand on this. I'm simultaneously excited and worried by his return, add mild annoyance that this'll delay the Portal and Half-Life movies even further....

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
He is the one guy with enough clout that Lucasfilm/Disney probably aren't going to interfere with his movie in post.

Lordy, why would they? The man doesn't have an un-commercial tendon in his body, nor does he have an original one that I know of. Say what one likes about Treverrow - The Book of Henry does sound dire, and he may well not have been the guy for the job - but he at least takes a risk or two.
:p

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
Lordy, why would they? The man doesn't have an un-commercial tendon in his body, nor does he have an original one that I know of. Say what one likes about Treverrow - The Book of Henry does sound dire, and he may well not have been the guy for the job - but he at least takes a risk or two.
:p

The original-trilogy didn't have an un-commercial tendon in it's body, that's why it was such a success and why we all still love it decades on. Getting in questionable Directors to take risks isn't going to make good Star Wars films... unless they roll the crazy dice and accidentally come up with the same winning formula anyway :D . We just need good writing, about new characters (not Vader yet again).

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Despite some small reservations, I think Kathleen Kennedy has made a very sensible choice. There are a lot of other exciting possible directors out there, but Kennedy doesn't want exciting right now. She wants dependable. She wants someone who can get the film to the finish line on time. Abrams has proven he can do this.

Reportedly, Rian Johnson was asked, but he turned it down, probably because he isn't finished with one Star Wars film, so he can't take on the burden of another one just yet. Again, that seems wise.

While originally I was against Lucasfilm moving the dates of the Star Wars films from May to December (strictly for tradition's sake), I think it's smart to move Ep. IX back to December. I'd rather see a Star Wars film done right than done quickly. And frankly, I think it's a bad idea to have a Star Wars movie so close to an Avengers movie. I wouldn't put Han Solo so close to Infinity War, and I think it's good not to have the final episodic Star Wars film next to (likely) the final film in the original Avengers saga.*

My wife was very excited, because she's a huge fan of Lost and Alias, and Super 8 is one of her favorite movies of all time. So her enthusiasm has rubbed off on me a bit, too. :)

The only thing that remains worrisome is that Chris Terrio has been brought on to co-write the script, after delivering Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, a pariah to critics and audiences. But then, Abrams reportedly wrote a terrible Superman script in the early 2000s, and I like most of what he does, so I'm trying to keep an open mind.

* I don't doubt there will be New Avengers and plenty of other MCU films with crossovers, though.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
b543384bb1d08ebf822ab1e432e57dd6--darth-maul-taco-bells.jpg

Talk about a merch spoiler alert. This is such a better explanation of what happened to Darth Maul than this....

b1db4b68ba637d25b9f4fa445243dd82.png

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Darth "Spider Devil" Maul, by Todd McFarlane and John Peters.

Is it weird that I'm mostly just interested in why the horns are so much longer?

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
^ Darth "Spider Devil" Maul, by Todd McFarlane and John Peters.

Is it weird that I'm mostly just interested in why the horns are so much longer?

I'd like to think the answer is akin to a seedy potato or carrot. They grow little start nubs over time. Did he end up filing them down? I do the watch TCW or Rebels so I have no idea.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^Wouldn't Chirut be the kid from Big Hero 6's older brother?

Top Bottom