• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
Max Landis appears to be famous only because of his dad and his misogyny.  I think Bullshit Artist is the only artistic title he can lay claim to.

I really liked Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency :(

One of my favourite musicians was infamous for beating his wives. Artists are messed up in the head. Even bullshit ones. They have to be. It's what makes them artists.

If I boycotted all media from people whom I object to, I wouldn't be consuming media at all! Actually, that's not a bad idea...

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I enjoy Max Landis' creative work but yes he's a total asshole and I would never want to hang out with him or talk to him.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Never seen (or even heard of) The DG thing (movie? show?) even though I've read the book many times.

I don't boycott all media by someone I think is a terrible person (I still watch Ghostbusters and Ferris Bueller despite Jeffrey Jones) but it's nonsense to claim you can't create something artistic unless you're messed up in the head.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
I'm guessing he "fixes" the Star Wars universe by getting all the damn uppity females to shut the hell up and get back in the kitchen where they belong.

Actually, he makes a statement similar to one I made about Ep. 7 back in '16: that it would have been better had it spent significantly more time with Rey, gradually building up her character. And since I have little interest in adjudicating the relative woke-ness of Landis' brain, I'll just leave it at that.  :p

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And to think that Max Landis wants to remake An American Werewolf in London for no     good reason.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
TVs Frink said:
I'm guessing he "fixes" the Star Wars universe by getting all the damn uppity females to shut the hell up and get back in the kitchen where they belong.

Actually, he makes a statement similar to one I made about Ep. 7 back in '16: that it would have been better had it spent significantly more time with Rey, gradually building up her character.

L8wrtr said:
At first I drafted the beginnings of a big, long, classically L8wrtr response to this, but then I came to my senses. 

Instead I'll settle for  a much more simple response.

Whatever dude.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
Never seen (or even heard of) The DG thing (movie? show?) even though I've read the book many times.

I don't boycott all media by someone I think is a terrible person (I still watch Ghostbusters and Ferris Bueller despite Jeffrey Jones) but it's nonsense to claim you can't create something artistic unless you're messed up in the head.

It's a show on Netflix. I definitely recommend it if you've read the book. It felt like Elijah Wood had fallen straight out of Wilfred, into this. But otherwise it's pretty great!
And yeah, I was being a bit facetious. Mental illness isn't a pre-requisite for talent, however it is often supplemental to it. There's a reason most of the great comedians have/had depression.
This doesn't just apply to art, either. Newton was a freaking weirdo, the Roosevelts had depression, Euler went blind from staring at the sun and the United States owes its existence to a babbling lunatic that shat blue.

Obviously the ideal to strive towards is both having talent AND mental stability. ;)

wilhelm scream said:
And to think that Max Landis wants to remake An American Werewolf in London for no     good reason.

Having no good reason didn't stop him making any of his other movies!
*sigh* He needs to get back into the world of making high-quality YouTube shitposts.

EDIT: Wasn't this thread about Star Wars? :p

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
One of my favourite musicians was infamous for beating his wives. Artists are messed up in the head. Even bullshit ones. They have to be. It's what makes them artists.

If I boycotted all media from people whom I object to, I wouldn't be consuming media at all! Actually, that's not a bad idea...

Sounds like you're only looking in the junk food aisle of art?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
uggg. I love those Millennial Falcon videos. Jenny is great.  But Landis... FTG.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kenobi: A Star Wars Story

Possibly/probably, anyway.
http://theforce.net/story/front/Rep...ficially_In_The_Works_At_Lucasfilm_175590.asp
http://theforce.net/story/front/Rep...ficially_In_The_Works_At_Lucasfilm_175590.asp
Assuming Ewan McGregor's back, consider me on board.  He was one of the better parts of the prequels.  

Meanwhile...

DHdFo7WU0AAW47v.jpg:large

That shot of Chewie looks remarkably good in monochrome.  Black and Durasteel fanedit potential?

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
matrixgrindhouse said:
Kenobi: A Star Wars Story

Possibly/probably, anyway.

Thank you so much for being the only one I've seen to say "Possibly/probably." Every media outlet is reporting as "confirmed" and "official" something that THR attributes to an unconfirmed source. Disney and Lucasfilm have not commented on the matter at all. Even the director is only mentioned as being "in talks." 

I don't doubt that the idea is being spitballed around Lucasfilm. It's one of the earliest ideas that even the fans immediately thought of when the spinoffs were announced. But it drives me crazy when gossip from a source that refuses to state their name or go on the record starts getting quoted as "confirmed" and "official." 

Mind you, Lucasfilm may read all this good buzz and decide to go for it after all, and I'd be perfectly happy with that. I want to finally see Ewan McGregor's excellent Obi-Wan performance in an actual good movie.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
Thank you so much for being the only one I've seen to say "Possibly/probably." Every media outlet is reporting as "confirmed" and "official" something that THR attributes to an unconfirmed source. Disney and Lucasfilm have not commented on the matter at all. Even the director is only mentioned as being "in talks." 

I don't doubt that the idea is being spitballed around Lucasfilm. It's one of the earliest ideas that even the fans immediately thought of when the spinoffs were announced. But it drives me crazy when gossip from a source that refuses to state their name or go on the record starts getting quoted as "confirmed" and "official." 

Mind you, Lucasfilm may read all this good buzz and decide to go for it after all, and I'd be perfectly happy with that. I want to finally see Ewan McGregor's excellent Obi-Wan performance in an actual good movie.

My dream is the Coen Brothers making a No Country/Logan style film with an aged Obi-Wan. But I'll settle for the bloke that made The Hours, even if he hasn't made a good film since it... :/

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I truy hope the rumour surrounding an Obi-Wan Kenobi solo film is true.  Even though the period has already been touched, it would really be a treasure with a good script.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like this guy's videos. They are always droll.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There are lots of dumb, mildly amusing Star Wars parody videos on the Internets... so I decided to make yet another. What can I say... I'm an Elton John fan.  :p

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Directors are dropping from Star Wars faster than staff from the White House.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I must watch 'The Book of Henry' sometime out of morbid curiosity. It must have been pretty damn bad to eat up all the goodwill Trevorrow had from directing/writing the 1.7bn mega hit that was Jurassic World.

I'd like to see JJ Abrams back to finish out the new trilogy. He knew how to make a film that felt deep down like classic SW (regardless of any criticism that might be made of surface details... and I have few of those).

Top Bottom