• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anakin is a developed character. He starts out as an innocent young slave. He hates that he has no freedom, and he always wishes he were a Jedi, and that he is free. He has a fear of losing his mother, too. He has to make a difficult choice of leaving Tatooine and her mother to become a Jedi. When he chooses to be a Jedi, he chooses to be free. And his difficult decision to leave Tatooine makes him a interesting character, in my opinion.

One of my favorite scenes in the Prequels, by the way.

Anyway, he learns that everyone holds him in high regard, and that he is the Chosen One of the prophecy. Because of this, and how strong he is in the Force, over the years he delevops an arrogance. In Episode II, Anakin has the conflict of keeping his emotions suppressed. Both his love for Padme and his anger for the Tusken Raiders are forbidden in Jedi traditions. And despite the outburst scene not making sense in the way that, Padme is still okay with Anakin after he confesses to mass murder, including women and children... I do love what Padme says and Anakin's response. "To be angry is to be human." "I'm a Jedi... I should be better than this." That, ladies and gentlemen, that is Anakin's struggle. Because he was brought in to be trained so old, he had attachments that brought out his fear, his anger and hate, and his arrogance. He wanted to be free, but the Code, the Council's agenda and the tempation holds him back. He only wanted to protect those he loved, and all that brought him was pain. That... is the tragedy of Anakin.

So it makes sense in Episode III that he would still be conflicted. He's trying to be both a Jedi and a good husband, two things that don't mesh well. His fear of loss comes back when he sees a vision of Padme dying in childbirth. He's also having much conflict and mistrust with the Jedi Council, especially Mace Windu. This is where Palpatine comes in. He has managed to bring out Anakin's arrogance even further, and feeds him thoughts that make him hate the Jedi Council even more. His revelation to Anakin creates yet another conflict for him. He has to decide between what he believed to be right, and who he loves.

He realizes that what he believed are continuously being bended by the Jedi Council who don't even follow their own rules. He knows that these Jedi want to maintain their power and high standards in the Senate (this is why they are presented as corrupt beaurocrats in these films). He realizes that all the pain he has lived was because of the strict Jedi Code that he cannot submit himself to. All of this is reason for leaving the Jedi Order, and he believes now to save the one he loves, he has to join the Dark Side which holds the only way to save her (which is why I've come to the conclusion that he doesn't mind that he's ok with Palpatine lying, because he knows the Dark Side is still the only way to save Padme). And all his atrocities, even killing children, is so he can save Padme. The shot on Mustafar with his hood on where he sheds tears is one of my favorite shots in the series.

But he also still has his arrogance, he believes he is the most powerful he has ever been, even more powerful than the Emperor. His arrogance turns to greed, and he wants to rule the galaxy. This all relates back to how he hated being a slave. Contrasted to when he was constantly being ordered, be it by Watto, or the Jedi, or the Emperor, being the ruler of the galaxy, in his eyes, would finally make him free. And he wanted Padme by his side as well... So when Padme doesn't want to be part of this dark agenda of Anakin's, he feels the ultimate betrayal and anger, and he takes it out on her, causing her to be fatally wounded (I do not accept "she lost the will to live", but what I said could be seen as metaphorical speaking).

Finally, he blames this on Obi-Wan, the one who always held him back and ordered him to suppress his emotions, despite how close they were. Ultimately, Obi-Wan was a terrible master to Anakin. Like I said, he is inexperienced, conservative and strict. So keeping in mind their strained but close relationship throughout the trilogy (mostly the second and third ones)... The final battle is engaging.

Anyway, this is Anakin's arc, his development, his tragedy. All this is extremely interesting to me and I defy anyone who thinks it's poorly made. That's why I like Revenge of the Sith, because it's the culmination of what has been set up in the previous films, which are my favorite things in those bad movies. Anakin's whole character, and basically the story, I find are actually well executed in this film. Add that with superb action and visual effects (there are still some greenscreen Roger Rabbitness, but hardly as bad as in Attack of the Clones), yet another masterful score by John Williams and surprisingly good cinematography... Yeah I think Revenge of the Sith is pretty great.

iridium_ionizer said:
Masirimso17 said:
This is significant because the supposed protectors of the galaxy never even bother to free his mother. 
Seriously, why was this never brought up in AotC? Oh I know. They don't take Republic credits on Tatooine.  :p

It should be a part of the story, and I consider it part of Anakin's development. But like so many things Attack of the Clones, it forgets to talk about this as well.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masi, honestly I don't want to debate you on this anymore. I'm glad you're so passionate about these movies. I wish I could share your enthusiasm. And I don't want to tell you you're wrong for liking them. But what you describe is the character arc of a character that may be troubled, but at no point is there enough to justify what Anakin ultimately becomes. For me, it is just way too much of a leap way too fast. But hey, if it works for you , enjoy!

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
All his atrocities, even killing children, is so he can save Padme.

"Anakin! You murdered children?"

"Baby, I did it for yoooooouuu"

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i-think-its-dead.jpg

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
Masirimso17 said:
All his atrocities, even killing children, is so he can save Padme.

"Anakin! You murdered children?"

"Baby, I did it for yoooooouuu"

Last one, I promise. I know what I said was a stretch, I actually don't like how he's willing to do it so fast either. When I make my own inevitable Prequel edits, I'm cutting that.

Well thanks guys, this was fun. Really.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was really enjoying other people's visions of prequels that could have been. 

If you don't want to continue that, then I have a different kind of question:

If you were given a seat in the Star Wars writer's room, what movie would you pitch?

I'd pitch "Snatch" in Space. Call it "Bounty Hunter". Could be Boba Fett, or an original character. Full-on high energy heist film. No Jedi, no Skywalker, no Solo, etc. 

If only Edgar think of the Wright director...

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
I'd pitch "Snatch" in Space. Call it "Bounty Hunter". Could be Boba Fett, or an original character. Full-on high energy heist film. No Jedi, no Skywalker, no Solo, etc. 

I'd pitch Firefly.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:

Actually I have a lot of ideas for this, I only have to streamline them in my head, can't do it off the top of my head. Probably later.

addiesin said:
If you were given a seat in the Star Wars writer's room, what movie would you pitch?

If only Edgar think of the Wright director...

That's a cool idea. Do you know the game Bounty Hunter? Probably, ThrowgnCpr made an edit of it. I also have a recommendation, I really enjoy this game review by The Unusual Suspect (fan of this guy)

As for my pitch... Definitely a Knights of the Old Republic movie. I would love a series adaptation of both games, and I'd love to make one. Like this one:

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points

Logan/Shane-style Obi Wan movie. Gritty western set on Tatooine, featuring an aged Ben Kenobi. It would deal with his connection to this force, protection of Luke and we get to see what Obi Wan meant when he said "I'm getting too old for this sort of thing".

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's my pitch

Yam'rii the Huk: From a Certain Point of View
The bio pic

7fe4e777b5fbed5af801e1165054c648--skirt-puppet.jpg

ANH_CantinaPatron_Mantis_JackPurvis2.jpg

iridium_ionizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:

This guy has a decent enough alternate version of all 3 prequels. Note: profanity-laden at certain points. 

addiesin said:

It would be like the Black Stallion or Marley and Me. And it would star this guy
latest
and his pet. [img=265x305]https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.ne...E.png/revision/latest?cb=20160913053623[/img]

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
iridium_ionizer said:
It would be like the Black Stallion or Marley and Me. And it would star this guy and his pet. 

How about
Free Rancor : How far would you go for a friend?

iridium_ionizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
How about
Free Rancor : How far would you go for a friend?

You know, I was joking about it. But it probably would be an easy way to break out of the traditional SW movie mold see all kinds of different sides of the SW universe. People would still see it as long as it was well made, although it might not be a $1 billion box-office. They can't do the same kind of movie every year for the next 50 years. There is even a Legends short-story already written [starwars.wikia.com].

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:

A Lara Croft-type adventure flick, pre-Clone Wars. A badass woman raiding ancient temples and tombs, for the illegal private museum of a galactic tycoon. She might have a mild Force sensitivity, enough to, say, flip a switch, knock a guy over, or call a blaster to her, but nothing major. As much Indiana Jones flavor for the Star Wars franchise as Guardians is Star Wars flavor for the MCU.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
A Lara Croft-type adventure flick, pre-Clone Wars. A badass woman raiding ancient temples and tombs, for the illegal private museum of a galactic tycoon. She might have a mild Force sensitivity, enough to, say, flip a switch, knock a guy over, or call a blaster to her, but nothing major. As much Indiana Jones flavor for the Star Wars franchise as Guardians is Star Wars flavor for the MCU.

That sounds awesome. Reminds me of playing Knights of the Old Republic, and raiding Sith Tombs on Korriban for artifacts, encountering unique creatures, crazed Sith masters and tortured spirits of ancient Sith Lords along the way.

Point is, there is so much that can be done with this idea, I love it.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm gonna have to pass on a T&A version of Star Wars, but thanks for your pitch.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gotta say, this is getting me jazzed...

Pretty much nothing spoiler-wise, so don't worry. Watch for the funny joke at the end.

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
IT’S A WRAP!  Oh gosh, the hype.  And not only because it’s another Star Wars film!

Top Bottom