• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
star wars episode IX: THE SKYWALKER FORTRESS.

takes place largely in the mifune system. or mofo'ne system.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
star wars episode IX: THE SKYWALKER FORTRESS.

takes place largely in the mifune system. or mofo'ne system.

Star Wars episode IX: Wait, there ARE more Jedi (and light sabers too. Lots and lots of lightsabers).

Edit: ha, I just saw Gaith's post in the other thread. I guess my title isn't that original.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm reanalyzing the Star Wars franchise, specifically the Prequel Trilogy and The Force Awakens, at a time where I've begun to have conflicting opinions on these four films, and I'm starting to warm up to them again slowly. I know a lot of you have decided on how you feel about them, but I would really like to share how I'm feeling about them and my journey of re-analyzing them, since this is a wonderful community for discussing movies as well. Would any of you be interested in my journey, and the decisions I come to with each installment?

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You're welcome to try and change our opinions on TPM ! :D :p

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points

I only recently watched this. Is he for real? I know he played Boss Nass, yes that part is real, but I mean the rest of the story. If he's telling the truth and not just trying to spin a story to be entertaining, it sounds like George Lucas has literally no idea what he wanted TPM to be. After seeing SW: The Beginning and the RLM Plinkett reviews, I didn't think I'd learn anything new about TPM behind the scenes, but here's yet another thing.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd be inclined to believe Brian Blessed.   He's larger than life but has little to gain from making the story up.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
I only recently watched this. Is he for real? I know he played Boss Nass, yes that part is real, but I mean the rest of the story. If he's telling the truth and not just trying to spin a story to be entertaining, it sounds like George Lucas has literally no idea what he wanted TPM to be. After seeing SW: The Beginning and the RLM Plinkett reviews, I didn't think I'd learn anything new about TPM behind the scenes, but here's yet another thing.

I don't understand, which part of the video are you talking about?

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's literally the entire video. 

The story Brian Blessed tells is that George didn't know what he wanted, didn't give him any direction. He gave him lines in standard English with no dialect, and everything that came from the Jar-Jar species is just a spinoff of Brian Blessed's improvised performance. Brian explains that later when he heard the Jar Jar voice, he thought the performer didn't imitate Mr. Blessed's own performance well enough. 

What I got out of it:
George thought he was letting a master of the craft help shape his prequel films by getting input and performances early in the process. He realized he'd gone too far, but only after screening the finished film in Skywalker Ranch (which can be seen in SW: The Beginning and is referenced in the RLM reviews). It was too late to go back and fix. Gungans are such a huge part of the film, and George Lucas is such a notorious control freak, that I am actually shocked he allowed so much of the film to form outside of his own head. It paints a very different story than I had envisioned around the making of the prequels.

Edit (2 days later) : Wow, I really thought others might be more interested in talking about this, one way or another. Whatev-skees.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ragdtbk2wbq0wyw6orgg.png

c5ov7jd57rtriumqw8yb.jpg

ujjkxwteafxznypf9abv.jpg

Source

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
grab 'em by the hologram.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
The official, canon fate of J.J. Binks has been revealed... and it's kinda great.

io9: The New Star Wars: Aftermath Novel Reveals the Pitiful Fate of Jar Jar Binks

From that article...

*Jar Jar doing some inane sh*t* All the kids laughed. Then the Gungan laughed, too... The adults, though. They don’t say much about him.

Oh that book can f**k right off for that part. Is George Lucas ghost writing it? ;) They wish it was only the adults that hated Binks.

Thankfully the finale of ROTR will soon(?) make that book "Legends".

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Does "some time this year or maybe next" count as "soon?" ;)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think you are confusing Jah with Jar Jar.

Top Bottom