• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hardbackyoyo said:
addiesin said:
Ok, I believe you. You're not George. You have some creative stuff on your site there, and none of it is CGI. The proof is in the pudding.

CGI is not inherently a bad thing, though. It's a filmmaking tool. Sometimes there are things you can only do with CGI that you can't do with practical. Like how they diminished Ralph Fiennes's nose into two slits when he played Voldemort. Makeup can't accomplish that.

That's mostly true. Technically you can do it with makeup, but it sure does look silly. 

Poor Frank Langella. Jack of all Universes, Master of none:
latest

On this one they didn't even try, they just left the nose, lol:
red%20skull%20happy.jpg

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hardbackyoyo said:
It's called "HardbackYoYo" because it's name of the business I run.
http://www.hardbackyoyo.com/

Hey, Hardback!  I would like to shortly deviate from the topic of the thread (excuse me, all forum members, but what I want to say wouldn't suffice of a PM).  I wanted to say that reading just the initial page of your company's site reminded me of who we are, who we can be and what we can do to change the world.  It gave me a new leaf of positivity and I thank you also for reminding me that behind our simple user names there are real persons, with real lives and real feelings, and, as strange as it may sound, as we all would probably never deny such a thing consciously, sometimes we do forget this.  Thank you, HardbackYoyo ;)

Ok, back on topic. :)

Hardbackyoyo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Canon Editor said:
Hardbackyoyo said:
It's called "HardbackYoYo" because it's name of the business I run.
http://www.hardbackyoyo.com/

Hey, Hardback!  I would like to shortly deviate from the topic of the thread (excuse me, all forum members, but what I want to say wouldn't suffice of a PM).  I wanted to say that reading just the initial page of your company's site reminded me of who we are, who we can be and what we can do to change the world.  It gave me a new leaf of positivity and I thank you also for reminding me that behind our simple user names there are real persons, with real lives and real feelings, and, as strange as it may sound, as we all would probably never deny such a thing consciously, sometimes we do forget this.  Thank you, HardbackYoyo ;)!

You're very welcome.   :blush:

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Blastr said:
[url=http://www.blastr.com/2016-12-22/4k-restoration-star-wars-new-hope-finished-so-when-do-we-get-see-it]The 4K restoration of Star Wars: A New Hope is finished, so when do we get to see it?
[/url]In an interview with Little White Lies, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story director Gareth Edwards lets slip that he got to check out the 4K restoration of A New Hope while hanging out at Lucasfilm HQ. So yeah, put simply: There’s a completed 4K restoration of A New Hope just sitting around on a shelf somewhere. The restoration was reportedly handled by Reliance Media Works, and the process actually began more than a year ago.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A 4k restoration of A New Hope, or a 4k restoration of Star Wars? There is an important distinction...

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd like to see a Blu-ray that allows for active switching between all of the versions.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
A 4k restoration of A New Hope, or a 4k restoration of Star Wars? There is an important distinction...

Wow, it would be beyond awesome if we got the original Star Wars theatrical edition on 4K.

You know, I never understood why some fans refuse to call the original Star Wars as "A New Hope". I'm aware that it wasn't how it was originally released as, but it makes sense to keep continuity with the rest of the saga having episode numbers and subtitles, and it never bothered me.

asterixsmeagol said:
I'd like to see a Blu-ray that allows for active switching between all of the versions.

It would make most sense to include all versions, yes. But what do you mean by active switching? Do you mean while the movie is playing?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
ThrowgnCpr said:

You know, I never understood why some fans refuse to call the original Star Wars as "A New Hope". I'm aware that it wasn't how it was originally released as, but it makes sense to keep continuity with the rest of the saga having episode numbers and subtitles, and it never bothered me.

Because the original Star Wars wasn't "A New Hope" I don't mind ANH existing for special editions, but that was not the movie that George Lucas released. 

Episode numbers, subtitles, etc, are all revisions made to fit Lucas' ever-changing plans. Like I said, that's all fine for Special Editions or alternate cuts, but revisions shouldn't replace what was originally created. I'd love to see Star Wars get a multi-version release like Blade Runner did.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Because the original Star Wars wasn't "A New Hope" I don't mind ANH existing for special editions, but that was not the movie that George Lucas released. 

Episode numbers, subtitles, etc, are all revisions made to fit Lucas' ever-changing plans. Like I said, that's all fine for Special Editions or alternate cuts, but revisions shouldn't replace what was originally created. I'd love to see Star Wars get a multi-version release like Blade Runner did.

That, I agree with. I meant that the official changing of the title doesn't bother me, but I agree that the newer versions shouldn't replace the original, they should both be available.

I dunno, maybe Lucas was embarrassed with things in the theatrical versions, which is a stupid reason to hide them from the public. Thank god we have people like Harmy, and I hope that this new 4K version is not just a remastered version of the SE but also a version that remasters the theatrical edition as well (and maybe even the 1997 version as well, just for fun. I wonder how that 1997 CG-Jabba would look like in 4K...). If it is just a SE rerelease, then I'm still happy with Harmy's Despecialized Edition if I want to watch the TE (though I much prefer Revisited)

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
maybe lucas wasn't sure whether people liked his films. :D

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
To be honest, I'm not too bothered if it gets a new official restored release with, or without the original crawl, or with or without a hundred other tiny things put back the way they were. The Harmys of this fanediting-world will be able to tweak all of that soon enough and create versions that'll satisfy the most obsessed Star Wars fans (Like me ;) ).

What is important is not having the "special-editions" with all their really obvious cra*p out there as the only versions that the general public are allowed to see. e.g. If there is a pinsharp 4K version of Star Wars on high-street shelves with slightly too pink Lightsabers but no "Jedi Rocks" I'll be more than happy. Perfect would be nice but I'll settle for nearly perfect and let the fans handle the last hurdle.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
2016 has been an absolute disaster. Please let's not go out like this. I really hope she is okay.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just checked the news syndicates again and they are reporting that she is in stable condition.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh my God. This is scary news. I'm glad she's okay and I hope she stays healthy.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Apparently the "stable condition" line never was said by her brother as reported.

[font=Georgia,]“She’s in the ICU and everybody’s praying for her,” her brother Todd Fisher told the trade. “There’s nothing new from the doctors. There’s nothing new at all. … There’s no good news or bad news.” He also indicated that media outlets reporting Carrie’s condition as stable are writing between the lines.”[/font]

Top Bottom