• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
FWIW...

RT scores (critic/audience)

TPM 55/60
AOTC 65/58
ROTS 79/65

AUJ 64/83
DOS 74/85
BotFA 59/75

Hardbackyoyo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hope we can all agree that nothing in the Star Wars franchise will EVER be worse than the Star Wars Holiday Special. God, that's a nightmare to watch.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hardbackyoyo said:
I hope we can all agree that nothing in the Star Wars franchise will EVER be worse than the Star Wars Holiday Special. God, that's a nightmare to watch.

No, I don't think we can agree. I find it more entertaining than the PT, or any of the current cartoons. Is it a serious Star Wars story? Hell no. But it's a LOT of fun to watch. Every year around this time I have a bunch of friends over and we watch the Holiday Special. It's B-movie "so bad, it's awesome" quality of entertainment. Unfortunately, the PT is just bad bad.

Hardbackyoyo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Hardbackyoyo said:

No, I don't think we can agree. I find it more entertaining than the PT, or any of the current cartoons. Is it a serious Star Wars story? Hell no. But it's a LOT of fun to watch. Every year around this time I have a bunch of friends over and we watch the Holiday Special. It's B-movie "so bad, it's awesome" quality of entertainment. Unfortunately, the PT is just bad bad.

Can we agree to disagree?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hardbackyoyo said:
ThrowgnCpr said:
Hardbackyoyo said:

Can we agree to disagree?

Good question. I know I can, but you seem really hell-bent on getting people to like the prequels.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I propose a hypothesis: that if you add a few people and enough beer, everything is Star Wars!

Like, share, and subscribe if you agree.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like the prequels, my preferred viewing order:
The Good the Bad and the Ugly
Captain America: the First Avenger
the Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

^ That's the ugly captain furious order, giving us a more engaging origin of Luke Skywalker's father, the man with no name. The man with no name: he who fought the confederates, and the yankees and every side-windin' bandit clan violent enough to work for the empire, he beat them all but then accidentally rode up north and got frozen in the ice on purpose so that he could become stronger and faster and quicker on the draw, hundreds of years later he was discovered and thawed back awake into a brave new world. Then the doctors told him that his favorite horse didn't make it. Well... after that... he just couldn't take it, so he moved to tokyo to become the fastest street racer in the galaxy, but when he cut one too many shady deals with the yakuza (in league with the empire) they had to stomp him out, and so one night on a very important race his car was forced off the road by Jason Fett, the man with no name was very badly burned and taken away by Fett and delivered to the empire via nasa. Oh yeah, and whilst he was in Tokyo he totally made it with this hot babe and knocked her up. No one knows what happened to her.
some say that the man with no name changed that day, when he was burned in the car crash. Some say, when the moon is out and the air full of spookyness, that a darkness then grew in him, vile and foul, EVIL AND CORRUPT, WICKED AND NASTY. Some say he prowls the highways of the galaxy even now with a lust for hateful destruction of the miserable ice that took his horsie's life.

Stick that in you NLE and edit it!

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hardbackyoyo said:
No, really. I am not George Lucas. I'm not lying! I swear!

I know for a fact on the Star Wars set in 1977 Peter Mayhew, who played Chewbacca, said George wouldn't go anywhere without his yo-yo (He said so in his book, Wookie Love). And in the 70s in Tunisia, where Star Wars was being filmed, the most popular yo-yo brand was from "Hard Back" Toys. They started as a chair company, Hard Back Chair, Inc and then branched into wooden toys. So George Lucas actually made Star Wars carrying a "Hard Back" yo-yo. 

But what does it mean :huh: I can't make heads or tails of this.

Is there something you want to tell us?

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the prequels are his hardback yo-yos.

Hardbackyoyo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Hardbackyoyo said:
No, really. I am not George Lucas. I'm not lying! I swear!

I know for a fact on the Star Wars set in 1977 Peter Mayhew, who played Chewbacca, said George wouldn't go anywhere without his yo-yo (He said so in his book, Wookie Love). And in the 70s in Tunisia, where Star Wars was being filmed, the most popular yo-yo brand was from "Hard Back" Toys. They started as a chair company, Hard Back Chair, Inc and then branched into wooden toys. So George Lucas actually made Star Wars carrying a "Hard Back" yo-yo. 

But what does it mean :huh: I can't make heads or tails of this.

Is there something you want to tell us?

It's called "HardbackYoYo" because it's name of the business I run.
http://www.hardbackyoyo.com/

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, I believe you. You're not George. You have some creative stuff on your site there, and none of it is CGI. The proof is in the pudding.

Hardbackyoyo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Ok, I believe you. You're not George. You have some creative stuff on your site there, and none of it is CGI. The proof is in the pudding.

CGI is not inherently a bad thing, though. It's a filmmaking tool. Sometimes there are things you can only do with CGI that you can't do with practical. Like how they diminished Ralph Fiennes's nose into two slits when he played Voldemort. Makeup can't accomplish that.

Top Bottom