• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
that's it, my next band's name is Hating the Prequel Trilogy.

The opening track will be:

George Lucas is just another Tommy FREAKING Wiseau. GET A CLUE

Hardbackyoyo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
that's it, my next band's name is Hating the Prequel Trilogy.

The opening track will be:

George Lucas is just another Tommy FREAKING Wiseau. GET A CLUE

:dodgy:

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It wouldn't be the first time that my band's name was a Star Wars reference. It probably won't be the last.

Hardbackyoyo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The hardcore Star Wars fanbase. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hardbackyoyo said:
That's your opinion.

Exactly the point that everyone else has been making. Honestly,  it doesn't matter what others think when it comes to the PT/OT debate. It's like dems and pubs.  No one is changing their ideology.

Hardbackyoyo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
Hardbackyoyo said:
That's your opinion.

Exactly the point that everyone else has been making. Honestly,  it doesn't matter what others think when it comes to the PT/OT debate. It's like dems and pubs.  No one is changing their ideology.

The truth is, I was never a part of the Star Wars fanbase until I was 13 years old. That was when Revenge of the Sith came out. I saw The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones in theaters, but I didn't think much of them at the time. Not because they were bad, it's just that I had other franchises I was more interested in at the time, like Pokémon.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hardbackyoyo said:
The hardcore Star Wars fanbase. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Are you secretly this man? 
902882_s.gif

Your comments certainly reflect the arc of this character. Word to the wise,  the mods are jedi knights and I wouldn't push them.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hardbackyoyo said:

That's your opinion.

Hardbackyoyo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You know, the Hobbit Trilogy has just about the same average ratings as the Prequel Trilogy on Metacritic, and yet you don't hear NEARLY as much hate for them. Why is that?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
what is your obsession?

FWIW, I disliked the first Hobbit movie enough not to watch the rest.

DSM2337

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Taking a small break from this fascinating conversation about whether the PT is worth your time, I have a plan in mind to replace the PT because they're so not worth your time :p .

I've seen my fair share of PT edits and even though some have performed minor miracles I've yet to feel like I have a must watch saga that begins with episode 1. The PT edits I've most enjoyed tend to be the 3-in-1 type of edit, but the problem with that is missing episodes.

Enter the SW spin-off films.

So my plan is to make my own 3-in-1 edit (it will actually be 2-in-1, TPM is completely redundant IMO), and this will be my Episode 1.

Take Rogue One, give it a crawl, and if it strays from the format of the saga episodes try and bring it back into line (transitions etc). This will be my Episode 3.

And hope that the Han Solo prequel is good enough to do the same (add crawl etc...) and make Episode 2.

Figured this would be an idea a few others have considered, but no talk of it yet. Thoughts?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DSM2337 said:
Take Rogue One, give it a crawl, and if it strays from the format of the saga episodes try and bring it back into line (transitions etc). This will be my Episode 3.

And hope that the Han Solo prequel is good enough to do the same (add crawl etc...) and make Episode 2.

Figured this would be an idea a few others have considered, but no talk of it yet. Thoughts?

I like the idea of Rogue One being a prequel, but until I see the other spin-offs, it's hard to say if you can make a cohesive trilogy out of some of them.

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DSM2337 said:
Taking a small break from this fascinating conversation about whether the PT is worth your time, I have a plan in mind to replace the PT because they're so not worth your time :p .

I've seen my fair share of PT edits and even though some have performed minor miracles I've yet to feel like I have a must watch saga that begins with episode 1. The PT edits I've most enjoyed tend to be the 3-in-1 type of edit, but the problem with that is missing episodes.

Enter the SW spin-off films.

So my plan is to make my own 3-in-1 edit (it will actually be 2-in-1, TPM is completely redundant IMO), and this will be my Episode 1.

Yeah, that idea isn’t bad for the people who absolutelydisliked the Prequel Trilogy.  I would probably go “Star Wars: Episode I - Attack of the Clones”, “Star Wars: Episode II - Revenge of the Sith” and “Star Wars: Episode III - [insert title here (Rogue One]”, seeing that Darth Vader is going to be seen, even though not prominently, in the spin off.  

I doubt you could turn the three spin-offs into a well-rounded trilogy.  I mean, they ARE stand-alone…

DSM2337

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Canon Editor said:
I doubt you could turn the three spin-offs into a well-rounded trilogy.  I mean, they ARE stand-alone…
It isn't a trilogy. It's a saga. Rogue One makes some sense in the scheme of the Empire v Rebellion plot, but I agree that the Solo film is unlikely to tie in the much. However, being so early in the saga I think you can get away with that. Like the MCU films had an Iron Man film, then Captain America, then Thor, then they all come together for Avengers. This should work the same, Episode One is the end of the republic, then we're introduced to Han Solo working in the grey areas of this new reality, then we see the rebellion, then we join them all together.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Episode I: Caravan of Courage
Episode II:  The Battle for Endor
Episode III: Rogue One

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
Episode III: Life Day Holiday Special

Fixed it. You almost had a really silly list.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
asterixsmeagol said:
Episode III: Life Day Holiday Special

Fixed it. You almost had a really silly list.

Still a better trilogy than TPM, AOTC, and ROTS.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hardbackyoyo said:
You know, the Hobbit Trilogy has just about the same average ratings as the Prequel Trilogy on Metacritic, and yet you don't hear NEARLY as much hate for them. Why is that?

We aren't in the appropriate thread to go after those films ;)

Top Bottom