• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been watching for a while and it's very enjoyable and relevant to our recent discussions here, but the actual review doesn't start until deep into the video. Just a warning for those who only want what the title says, you'll have to stick around a while or fast forward. I'm not one of those, so I'm watching the whole thing.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yep, I previewed the first 10 minutes and really enjoyed it, even though (or maybe because) it had nothing to do with a TFA review. Going to stream the rest of it on my TV with the missus.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points

Pfft.  Crackpot.  This is just like those Shining / Apollo 11 hoax theories.  Grasping at straws that aren't even there.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lots of Smoke in that video, and possibly in the reviewers room...

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
Lots of Smoke in that video, and possibly in the reviewers room...

Still made a better case than the Prequels Strike Back.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm just not much for the psychoanalysis of the visuals of Star Wars that were presented in the first couple minutes before I exited out of the video. I like my Star Wars unfreud.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
I'm just not much for the psychoanalysis of the visuals of Star Wars that were presented in the first couple minutes before I exited out of the video. I like my Star Wars unfreud.

It's worth watching through to the end.  Trust me.  You'll laugh.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That was a note-perfect satire of these types of internet fan videos.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:

So you missed the part where he proved Vader said "No. 1 Dad Is Vader."

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh my god I just noticed that video has 7k likes and 11k dislikes.  What is wrong with people?

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
I just noticed that video has 7k likes and 11k dislikes.  What is wrong with people?

I'd guess that many people dislike the video because of the satire, as they were most likely expecting someting ala fanatical presentations by stupendous wave or star wars theory. Being a psych major in the past, I just have a vehement dislike for anything that is freudian in presentation, unless it's Star Trek TNG : Phantasms ;)

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
pmsl, if someone couldn't tell that was satire in the first minute, maybe the internet isn't for them.

My favorite part:

"the landspeeder is puberty!

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
"And here he is watching a bunch of smoke."

I saw where it was going after a little bit but this still caught me off guard. I lol'd. Not sure if it was the wording, or the juxtaposition of the serious visual with the silly audio. Iz gut.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone read this Huffpost interview with Genndy Tartakovsky before?
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1884046

Speaking of your version of “Clone Wars,” does it bother you that there’s another one and that the one you did seems to no longer be canon?
Yeah. I mean, you know, of course it bothers me. But, you know, it’s George’s characters. It’s his world and he has to do what he has to do. And the new ones are totally inspired by what we did: A lot of the same character designs and stuff.

Does that part bother you, too?
No, again, it’s not my characters, so he can do whatever he wants. And the story was also that I was going to do it. I was going to go to Lucas and be their John Lasseter-type of person and do a feature and supervise the “Star Wars” television show. And things kind of fell apart, blah blah blah. But, yeah, I’m super proud of what we did. And I felt like we did a justice to “Star Wars” and as a fan.

It looks like we almost had a Tartakovsky lead vision of Star Wars. Sad, as those clone wars shorts were phenomenal. Not really a fan of Mr. Akubra hat.

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice exctract, thank you @"DigModiFicaTion"!  I would have liked to see his "Star Wars: The Clone Wars", but yet again...

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally caught up with Plinkett's TFA review, and on the whole, it was disappointingly meh. As with the similarly dull Titanic review, the character just doesn't really work if he's not tearing the movie apart (though the Star Trek: The Star Trek review was damn good). Didn't like the whining about diversity, but I did appreciate the section on how sexless and therefore sterile the movie is; that's a great point I hadn't thought of.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ agree it was ok. of course the RML prequel reviews were brilliant and insightful. one unnecessary part of the TFA review was the touting of how brilliant and insightful the prequel reviews were.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit of the intro space battle of revenge of the Sith by Kyro91 is probably the best I've seen. I'm not much for the extra voices, but the video editing and narrative are pretty good.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
This edit of the intro space battle of revenge of the Sith by Kyro91 is probably the best I've seen. I'm not much for the extra voices, but the video editing and narrative are pretty good.

This was actually done by OT user Aalenfae.

emanswfan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Funny how I noticed it was Aalenfae's version just by looking at the thumbnail.

Top Bottom