• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It would help if the joke was funny and well-structured.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
I see my joke failed to land.

I must say I felt your question sounded too "random", coming from someone like you.
But I still don't get the joke. lol

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am just reading this now, and LOL'd hard at Better Than Ezra. 90s muzak FTL.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
Oh, okay. So I can't use that name for my next band. Too bad.

It would actually be really appropriate if you called your band Better Than Better Than Ezra, since that's essentially what they did.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
It would actually be really appropriate if you called your band Better Than Better Than Ezra, since that's essentially what they did.

and not to mention that Frink could fart into a cassette recorder for 40 minutes and it would still be better than Better Than Ezra.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
and not to mention that Frink could fart into a cassette recorder for 40 minutes and it would still be better than Better Than Ezra.

But would it be Good?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
But would it be Good?

Of course. 'and not to mention that Frink could fart into a cassette recorder for 40 minutes and it would still be better than Better Than Ezra' was the best track off the last Flaming Lips LP.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
[video=youtube_share;acK0KH2uJGc]
"Good" Joke. I like it!

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
I would not say that I have zero interest in Rebels, but it's true that it fails to get me super exited. It feels more original trilogy than Clone Wars, of course, but I still prefer Clone Wars even though I don't like the prequels.
I think it's because the episodes of rebels are less various (visualy and story wise) and less bold than Clone Wars. And I really dont care for Ezra Bridger (one of the main character) so far.

And while I can't wait for Episode 8, I must say that Rogue One is more than enough to make me wait.

It's funny how different perspectives can be. I don't watch Rebels every week; it's far from my favorite show. But I much prefer the OT spirit and feel of Rebels to anything about Clone Wars.

I also prefer the more cartoony but personality-driven animation of Rebels than the stiff and blocky CGI of Clone Wars.

Furthermore, since CW took place after the prequels, it had even less suspense than the prequels did. We already know who lives and who dies, and the prequels informed us that this was a puppet war being orchestrated on both sides by the same person. There was no one to root for.

However, the one good thing to come out of CW is the fact that a major character survived (Ashoka Tano) and she's actually going to confront Vader. This is one of the things I felt was missing from the prequels: It would have better to have Anakin fall to the dark side at the end of Ep. II, and then Ep. III is all about characters dealing emotionally with the betrayal of their friend. Now we'll actually get to see some of the fallout.

As for Rogue One, it will likely be well-made, but I've honestly never had a question about
what happened to the group of people who stole the plans from the Death Star. It's just another prequel. Spoiler alert: The plans from the Death Star are successfully stolen.

Granted, Rogue One has the same thing going for it that Rebels does: Even though we already know the fate of the galaxy, we don't know about the fates of the individual characters. But my reaction to Rogue One is "That sounds nice." My reaction to the return of Darth Vader, Yoda, young Princess Leia, and an epic battle between two characters that have known each other a long time, is: Yes, please!

In all of this, TMBTM, I'm not saying that your opinion is wrong. You and everyone else have made a very eloquent case for your perspectives. It's just fascinating to me to see how we all look at the same things and get something different out of it. Also, since no one seemed to agree with me, I felt like I needed to help people at least understand my point of view better even if they don't change their minds.

But this whole thread was worth it at least for the Better than Ezra-related humor. :)

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
I also prefer the more cartoony but personality-driven animation of Rebels than the stiff and blocky CGI of Clone Wars.

I feel they got better and better with each season of Clone Wars. Slightly better CG, better shadows, the colors and the attention of details of the settings in particular are great in Clone Wars and Rebels just does not look as "beautiful" to my eyes. In Rebels I like the Ralph Mac Quarrie inspired look, but overall it just look visualy less impressive to me. Even if the characters maybe have a tiny bit more expressions on their faces.

TomH1138 said:
Furthermore, since CW took place after the prequels, it had even less suspense than the prequels did. We already know who lives and who dies, and the prequels informed us that this was a puppet war being orchestrated on both sides by the same person. There was no one to root for.

The Clone Wars takes place in between Episode 2 and 3, so in a way there is even less suspens than if was set between Ep 3 and 4... but I don't mind knowing that some charcaters can't die. It's not a problem to me if the stories are good. And for now I find the CW stories more interesting than Rebels.
Hell, they even made a relatively likeable character out of Anakin. That itself is a tour de force.

But i don't want to sound like if I shit on Rebels. I like it quite a bit and I was not really hooked until season 2 of Clone Wars anyway. So there is a huge potential with Rebels and I'll continue to watch it. I just don't think it's quite there yet for me. And visualy I still prefer Clone Wars for its variety.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fair enough.

I feel very strongly about some of my opinions, while others are just, "Huh. You find that exciting (or boring)? That's the opposite for me." And there's really not much more to it than that. :)

And CW could be good from time to time. Certainly, if Rebels was the first we were hearing about Ashoka, there wouldn't be nearly the emotional punch that I'm expecting there will be now.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Call me a prequel-hating-luddite if you will (With some good reason :-D) but Rebels S2 is kinda ruined for me, now it's been smeared all over with prequel sh*t, that was mostly absent from S1.

I'm only interested in the crew/family of the Ghost, I liked those guys. I didn't watch Clone Wars, so I couldn't give a rats a*s about Ashoka, and am irritated when she (and the Clone troopers) take screentime away from the Ghost characters I've grown to love.

FYI Dave Filoni. Clone Wars was cancelled. Deal with it.

hqdefault.jpg

Stop trying to bring it back via the backdoor.

Still, seeing a pre-SW'77 Princess Leia, is just enough to keep me interested in sticking with the show.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Still, seeing a pre-SW'77 Princess Leia, is just enough to keep me interested in sticking with the show.

A pre 77 Leia... with the face of the 83's coke snorting one. :p ;)

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:

Sorry, dude. Can't answer. I like to read opposing opinions to my own all the time but I literally had to stop reading at the part about the "bombastic banality" of Ivan's directing and "oppressive, hectoring" JW score. To each his own but I don't think I can't learn anything interesting from that perspective. I'm with you. What the fuck?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You should read the praise for AOTC and ROTS.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hell, I didn't even make it past the first paragraph.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
adywan pointed out this gem from this guy's review of The Revenant.

I’ve been joking that “The Revenant” would have been no worse had it been shot in a studio, using a green screen to paint the landscapes in behind the actors—or if, in lieu of DiCaprio dragging his body through frozen terrain and dipping it in frigid rivers, the movie had been made on location with stunt men with DiCaprio’s face digitally applied, as was done with Brad Pitt in David Fincher’s “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.” But the joke is unfair—the movie would likely have actually turned out better had it been made that way, because the artifices of a studio production and its digital contrivances would have pushed Iñárritu outside his narrow aesthetic ideology regarding physical reality and spiritual redemption. Escaping the self-imposed limits of climatic and theatrical rigors alike might have sparked his imagination.

Top Bottom