• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was searching for something else Big Breakfast related on YouTube and found all the stuff from when team Star Wars appeared on the show to promote The Phantom Menace. It's an interesting time capsule of that moment when everybody was super excited before the horror unfolded...

^ I remembering being very excited when Johnny asked George about SW being released to DVD at 09.43... oh if I'd only known :cry:. It seems in retrospect you can tell that George knows deep down that people aren't going to like the movie. Liked when George played the game of "Star Warts" at the end :-D.

Shame I can't a video of the section where Ray Park gave a Lightsaber lesson in the garden:

RayParkLookinFierceOnBigBreakfast.jpg

Plus an earlier 1997 Mark Hamill appearance...

...and randomly a very young and slim Tom Hardy...

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Legendary UK duo Coldcut's Solid Steel show brings you a 30 minute Star Wars mixtape with visuals :)...

...made to celebrate Secret Cinema's production of 'The Empire Strikes Back' in London.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I suppose it's a well known documentary, but I never watched it before today.
Simply amazing. You even see Williams reaction to Ford's "I know" line.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I made my first edit! Well sort of. My kids are only three but one of them has become obsessed with it from the Rebels cartoon and a simple Star Wars ABC book. We went to the costume shop and he chose Darth Vader for Halloween.

3eb8e43097716dfd91a631abe0749722.jpg

Anyway I felt like I should show them the original, but several moments seemed too intense. In iMovie I cut:

- Vader chokes (both on the Tantive and the Senator on the Death Star.
- The Tusken attack
- Burned Aunt and Uncle
- The bloody arm in the cantina
- The interrogation droid

I debated cutting the destruction of Alderaan but left it as I don't think they get anymore than a cool explosion. It seems to have worked. They like watching it, but get bored after about 20 minutes so they watch it almost like a TV series.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I broke the heart of my padthaime. I didn't eat it all in one sitting.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The problem is that one can only guess that the Emperor killed Padme himself with his (unlimited!!!) powers. You can find hints, but the movie does not tell it. Same with the subplot about the Emperor creating Anakin with midichlorians that was planned in some versions of the script, as far as I remember. (that would explain the virgin birth, but that would make Qui-gon discovering Anakin on Tatooine one hell of a coincidence.) And all the prequels are like that: interesting, unexploited ideas. In fact no, there are a lot of interesting ideas very badly expoilted too... So maybe it's better to let some ideas none exploited...

But the question here is: if the movie really explicitly told the audience that the Emperor killed Padme himself (with what? A scene with Sidious concentrating to kill her from distance...?) would that make that part of the movie better? I honestly don't know.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
I suppose it's a well known documentary, but I never watched it before today.
Simply amazing. You even see Williams reaction to Ford's "I know" line.

Thanks for posting!

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounds like you did a good job, [MENTION=13347]Moe_Syzlak[/MENTION] ! (And your kid makes for a cute Vader.) :)

I remember being scared by some things in ANH when I first saw it at 4 years old. I think you made wise cuts. It's something that fan editing isn't often used for, but totally makes sense: to make a film appropriate for younger members of the family.

theforce

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hal9000 said:
I'm of the opinion she didn't die at all.

The Leia discrepancy:

Leia replies that her mother died when she was very young, but she was "very beautiful. Kind, but...sad.

if we go by Jedi, then Padme shouldn't die. But Lucas could explain it that since leia has the force...then those were images that she saw

theforce

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
The problem is that one can only guess that the Emperor killed Padme himself with his (unlimited!!!) powers. You can find hints, but the movie does not tell it. Same with the subplot about the Emperor creating Anakin with midichlorians that was planned in some versions of the script, as far as I remember. (that would explain the virgin birth, but that would make Qui-gon discovering Anakin on Tatooine one hell of a coincidence.) And all the prequels are like that: interesting, unexploited ideas. In fact no, there are a lot of interesting ideas very badly expoilted too... So maybe it's better to let some ideas none exploited...

But the question here is: if the movie really explicitly told the audience that the Emperor killed Padme himself (with what? A scene with Sidious concentrating to kill her from distance...?) would that make that part of the movie better? I honestly don't know.

I wish Lucas would have done a better job explaining these things.....he had since 1983 to iron out his back story...it should have been bullet proof

[if the movie really explicitly told the audience that the Emperor killed Padme himself (with what? A scene with Sidious concentrating to kill her from distance...?) would that make that part of the movie better?/QUOTE]

I don't think it would have made the movie better....I hope Abrams does a better job

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As funny and as silly as this sketch gets, there is more than a grain of truth in there as well...

Brumous

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
As funny and as silly as this sketch gets, there is more than a grain of truth in there as well...

Ya know, that's a diplomatic way to put it. But then I read George Lucas Finally Reveals Why He Broke Up With Star Wars where he says,

People don't actually realize it's actually a soap opera and it's all about family problems - it's not about spaceships. So (Disney) decided they didn't want to use those stories, they decided they were going to do their own thing so I decided, 'Fine.... I'll go my way, and I let them go their way.'

... and then it hit me. There's not just a grain of truth in that parody, there's the whole frickin field of wheat!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yay, one of my favourite movie podcasters is kicking off a series of Star Wars commentaries with TPM...

I've only just started to listen to it but I imagine Ollie, Richard and Duncan are going to be ripping into it in all kinds of hilarious and entertaining ways :-D.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Channel5 in the UK had a couple of new 45 minute Star Wars docs on last night. They're a bit cheap and cheeful but entertaining enough. The first is a swift retrospective of the OT plus a brief discussion of the PT and includes new interviews with many key players including Gary Kurtz...

The Definitive History of Star Wars

The second is about the fans, cosplay, fanfilms etc...

How Star Wars Changed The World

They might only stream/play for the UK region but maybe not?

(I LOL'd in the first doc when the Special-Edition/Prequel/90s era discussion is introduced as when Lucas "Took the franchise outside and shot it in the head" :D)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been watching a few John Boyega interviews this morning (Love that guy). He's clearly a serious SW fan, has recently seen TFA and you can just tell he thinks it's awesome. I think I believe him :).

Top Bottom