• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
It is? Oh, thank god...

This entire page could have been avoided :p
↓
Kal-El said:
Is this confirmed? It was supposed to be announced at Dan Diego Comic-Con tomorrow.
And since it wasn't announced... → :cool:
I win. What's my prize? :p

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I just found this Clip:

[video=youtube_share;wxaZxpNTm8A]

Which features a puppet Yoda in Phantom Menace. Does anyone have a copy of this version? I haven't watched the movie until recently on DVD. I saw it in the theater and I would assume that had puppet yoda, but I can't remember.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
1) Why start a new thread for this?

2) Puppet Yoda is on the DVD (and VHS). He was changed to Digital Yoda for the Blu-Ray.

Son of Suns

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Puppet Yoda is on the DVD (and VHS). He was changed to Digital Yoda for the Blu-Ray.

Correct, sir. The original theatrical release and all VHS and DVD releases contain Puppet Yoda. The Blu-Ray releases as well as the 3D theatrical re-release in 2012 contain Digital Yoda.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So a YouTube poster did a series of videos showing all the changes to the Star Wars trilogy over the years. It's not new information for most people here, but it's interesting that it's actually getting a lot of articles written about it. It's heavily trending on Facebook. The original OT will never be fully forgotten as long as there are videos like these.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-changes/

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Love it ^. Many changes that had slipped me by and seeing the comparison makes some SE f**k ups really stand out. Such as the 16-foot tall Ewoks dancing over that ruined matte painting at around 8.25. Great work, this person.

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
As questionable as some of the SE changes were from 1997 on (and many never really bothered me), it's the blu-ray ones that bug me most. Yes, let's add a rock for R2 to hide behind that vanishes later on and ignore the plethora of other problems! *palmface*

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, the choices for what got changed were simply baffling. Color corrections and continuity errors aren't fixed, but a random rock in front of R2-D2? The cool Wolfman character being swapped out for a hideous lizard creature? Who ever asked for any of these things to be "fixed"?

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
Who ever asked for any of these things to be "fixed"?

I liked The Special Edition in 1997 when it was just that, a "special edition" and not concidered as a "fix"
(and with no young Anakin at the end and without the stupidities that came in 2004 and 2011)

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
And the 1997 versions also gave us one of the best Star Wars trailers of all time. :)

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes. Completely agreed, [MENTION=6566]TMBTM[/MENTION]. I have no problem with a "special edition" per se, just for fun. I have a problem with the original film being thrown away and the clearly inferior version becoming the only official version.

Yeah, [MENTION=5170]Ripplin[/MENTION]. That's still one of my favorite trailers of all time. I watched it over and over again in the theater where I worked at the time. I still watch that just for fun. Heck, even the Revenge of the Sith trailer is pretty good -- better than the actual movie that followed it.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The fact that I've loved every single Star Wars trailer is what keeps me tempering my enthusiasm for Episode 7.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I stood in line in 97 to see SW SE and ESB SE.

I fell asleep in ROTJ SE.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The yub nub chorus seems to carry human, not ewok, voices.
seems like an authenticity problem to me. :D

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
I stood in line in 97 to see SW SE and ESB SE.

I fell asleep in ROTJ SE.

ha, I also waited in line to see those. I didn't fall asleep during ROTJ, but after waiting in line to see TPM, I bought tickets for 2 viewings that day. I was confused after the first viewing, and proceeded to get drunk with friends. I fell asleep during the second viewing.

Top Bottom