• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
He has a DiCaprio look about him. I hope he hasn't totally given up on being an actor. With that look, his reputation as having been in Star Wars (for better or for worse), and his experience in movies, I'm quite certain there is a demand/market for viewership to see him in film.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Colin Trevorrow will direct Episode IX

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
Is this confirmed? It was supposed to be announced at Dan Diego Comic-Con tomorrow.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dan Diego will direct Episode X.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Dan Diego will direct Episode X.

41pv8f-4H7L._SY300_.jpg

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Man, they REALLY want us to know they're using practical effects, huh.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:

No! I do not accept this! Jurassic World was terrible! It had a dumb story, unlikeable characters, little to no character development, bad CGI all over the place and at the end it was a brainless action flick.

If Trevorrow directs Episode IX in the same way and give us a disappointing and dumb conclusion to the trilogy, then we'll have an even worse disappointment than Return of the Jedi.

FYI, I like Return of the Jedi. It just didn't have the epicness of the first two and ended up a little disappointing.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
No! I do not accept this! Jurassic World was terrible! It had a dumb story, unlikeable characters, little to no character development, bad CGI all over the place and at the end it was a brainless action flick.

If Trevorrow directs Episode IX in the same way and give us a disappointing and dumb conclusion to the trilogy, then we'll have an even worse disappointment than Return of the Jedi.

rk4p7a.gif

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:

FYI, I like Return of the Jedi. It just didn't have the epicness of the first two and ended up a little disappointing.

Yeah but you love Amazing Spider-Man 2 so your criticism is invalid.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Yeah but you love Amazing Spider-Man 2 so your criticism is invalid.

Well I disagree with the majority about TASM2 and JW, okay?

giphy.gif

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I so hate TASM 1 and 2 that I did not even bother to watch them!

September-21-2011-22-10-18-3070096444.jpeg

(I just searched for a cool pic to put along with my post and I could not find something cooler than this one!)

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Sweet gif.

Yeah... it is.

TMBTM said:
I so hate TASM 1 and 2 that I did not even bother to watch them!

I'm confused, did you just judge them from the trailers, trusted the majority and avoided the movies? Because I agree that the trailers and the marketing for those movies are TERRIBLE but the movies themselves were amazing (no pun intended) and I encourage you to watch them.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if you hated them both. I just don't understand any of the critisisms to this movie and I feel like they were produced out of nowhere without giving any thought to it. People were either too nostalgic to the Raimi films for them to continue and/or wanted spidey in the MCU so badly that everyone was ready to hate on the movies just to get it cancelled and get Spider-Man in the MCU (which was successful). Maybe it wasn't exactly like that, but it feels that way to me.

Then again that's just my opinion in the minority, so what can I do [emoji6] ? Go ahead and hate these movies, I respect your opinion.

BTW this post was intended for everyone, not just TMBTM.

Let's just get back on topic. This is a Star Wars thread after all.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
I'm confused, did you just judge them from the trailers, trusted the majority and avoided the movies?.

Nah, I was just busting your balls (How can I possibly hate something that I did not see?)
But after the Raimi's trilogy (that I like) it is true that I had zero interest in more Spidey movies, no matter how great or not they were.

But yeah, let's back to Star Wars.
So apparently the Colin Trevorrow thing is still only a rumor?
I should have known better...

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
So apparently the Colin Trevorrow thing is still only a rumor?
I should have known better...

It is? Oh, thank god...

Top Bottom